Embarrassed about Arkansas..

SilenceGold

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to be part of Arkansas where the School for the Deaf sucks in Arkansas. :/

Lawmakers Question Deaf School Resignation
Story by The Associated Press
Posted 6/19/2003 8:36:24 AM

State legislators are the latest group to demand explanations for why the Arkansas School for the Deaf asked its superintendent to resign.
Trustees for the state School for the Blind and School for the Deaf earlier this month asked Superintendent Sandra Lunestad to step down. She was hired by the board last summer.
The board accepted her resignation, and then appointed the superintendent for the School for the Blind as head of both schools. One board member said the move would save the school 50-thousand dollars.
But state Senator Steve Faris says the board is "micromanaging" and asked a legislative committee to look into the board's actions in the past several years.
Meanwhile, Lunestad has asked to be reinstated and threatened legal action if she is not.

Link

Originally posted by SilenceGold
No degree.

i know u are a good hacker so u can break into any college's system and put ur name on that u did graduate at that college and hire Illustrator to design a fake diploma for you. :)

Originally posted by deafclimber
i know u are a good hacker so u can break into any college's system and put ur name on that u did graduate at that college and hire Illustrator to design a fake diploma for you. :)

Yeah I second with deafclimber. SG can put his name, ssn#, gender, gpa 4.0 to receive his PHd degree. Dr. Silence Gold

:D

~ Sabrina

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Another event...

Link.

The article was interesting to read it. Rhode Island school for the Deaf, the Board of Education terminated the Deaf superintendent last May. :( It was first our history to hire Deaf superintendent.

We hope, we will have another Deaf superintendent for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing children's sake.

SG.. You can apply to be assisant teacher at English class since your writer grammar is excellent. Deaf children need a Deaf English teacher !

I think, you will enjoy to work with Deaf children. :D

~ Sabrina

Here's what happened yesterday...

I was at the capitol during the entire meeting. To my surprise, there were several issues that were kept secret that has came out and will be part of the public records.

One example is that there were often secret meetings to exclude one of the deaf board members. :/

Here's the link where it claims that the board has broken the state law to save themselves money.

Remember they claimed that they spent over 18 million dollars. One of the questions brought up was, "How much of a deal is $90,000 an year compared to 18 million dollors?"

Back