Easy IP-Relay Now Available On BLACKBERRY

rhr said:
I am complain at my work or Cingular new add BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) now, BBWeather, BBToday, GViewer, Rambile, Verichat, also IP-Reply are Error Null!!! maybe AT&T's APN: proxy is gone? maybe

do you have BES at your work?

Dennis said:
One of my friends, who has a NexTel BB 7520 w/ OS 4 says he has the same problem, after completing a call he disconnects and reconnects to get that error. He has to close the program and reopen it to connect, which is very inconvenient.

Same here.

mld4ds said:
Cool.

I will wait until BB includes AOL IM, Yahoo Messager, etc...

Heya Mark! mld4ds' comment got me wondering.

How does this IP-RELAY program compare to AOL-Wireless speed-wise?
I'm guessing Idokorro is simplifying the telnet connect for Deaf/HoH BB Users? How does the program compare to Idokorro's Telnet and its speed?

Mind you, I haven't used a SK/AIM-Relay or Ido's telnet program to form my own opinion.

Thanks for the heads up! ...BlackBerries Rock! :bowdown: BBMessenger

Steve

cental34 said:
:ugh2: Great, another completely new IP Relay call process for me to learn. Joy. I haven't seen anyone use this yet, but I'm sure there'll be something about it soon involving new procedures. In short, in an RO position, this sucks.
Actually the procedure is similiar to MCI Wireless IP-Relay via a SideKick. (The non-AOL non-AIM verison of Sidekick relay)

Steve said:
How does this IP-RELAY program compare to AOL-Wireless speed-wise? I'm guessing Idokorro is simplifying the telnet connect for Deaf/HoH BB Users? How does the program compare to Idokorro's Telnet and its speed?
BlackBerry IP-Relay should be easier to use than AOL AIM -- it is real time -- keypress-at-a-time -- splitscreen chat window like www.ip-relay.com! Except no hitting Enter like for AOL AIM.

Dennis said:
Sprint CDMA Blackberry 7750
BB OS 4.0.0.171
Unfortunately, Sprint BlackBerry is not currently compatible with IP-Relay unless you have BES. If your BlackBerry was provided by your work, you may be in luck --
just try the BES version by typing "http://ip-relay.idokorro.com/IPRelayBES.jad" into your BlackBerry Web Browser.

If your BlackBerry was directly purchased by you and you are on T-Mobile, Nextel or AT&T, then just follow MCI's instructions instead at www.ip-relay.com (Verizon model 7250 users, just simply follow the instructions for Nextel users.)

Mark Rejhon said:
BlackBerry IP-Relay should be easier to use than AOL AIM -- it is real time -- keypress-at-a-time -- splitscreen chat window like www.ip-relay.com! Except no hitting Enter like for AOL AIM.

Unfortunately, Sprint BlackBerry is not currently compatible with IP-Relay unless you have BES. If your BlackBerry was provided by your work, you may be in luck --
just try the BES version by typing "http://ip-relay.idokorro.com/IPRelayBES.jad" into your BlackBerry Web Browser.

If your BlackBerry was directly purchased by you and you are on T-Mobile, Nextel or AT&T, then just follow MCI's instructions instead at www.ip-relay.com (Verizon model 7250 users, just simply follow the instructions for Nextel users.)

Yeah, I've got BES.

Error message for the JAD above:

*** Disconnected. Unable to contact server "wireless.ip-relay.com on port 2510, ensure that your server is running and listening on that port."

I'll check with my BES admins about that port from the BES server.

Mark Rejhon said:
That's great to hear you got it working. What older version of 4.0 were you using?

For other users, here's more download links for BlackBerry OS 4.0:
Latest BlackBerry OS 4.0 Upgrade Download Links

v4.0.0.274 until before last week, but after they stop me no work..only work E-Mail and WAP without Verichat, BBToday, BBWeather, RAmbile, GMapViewer etc..

again upgrade 4.0.2.82 !!!

rhr said:
v4.0.0.274 until before last week, but after they stop me no work..only work E-Mail and WAP without Verichat, BBToday, BBWeather, RAmbile, GMapViewer etc..

again upgrade 4.0.2.82 !!!

I don't understand 4.0.2.82 on website but I look blackberry show "V4.0.2.49 (Platform 1.8.0.142)"

dkf747 said:
Mark is there a version of the IP-Relay program for the 6230 running OS 4.0?

For those who may want to know, it does work. Just follow directions for the 7230.

You can get relay AND tty calling from www.iptty.net on your pager internet browser without any download. And it works on all Blackberries. And Treo. And SKII (after u get the new OTA 2.3). MCI iprelay is crooks anyway.

I Wish Blackberry IP-Relay add Phonebook, I tired type number, too late, need add phonebook easy fast wheel up and down and click name same like Netalk Modem (not Internet version) program

exp.

click phonebook, run call after self message "Please call 111-222-3333, Exp 444, thx <enter>",

it is easy fast

rhr said:
I Wish Blackberry IP-Relay add Phonebook, I tired type number, too late, need add phonebook easy fast wheel up and down and click name same like Netalk Modem (not Internet version) program

exp.

click phonebook, run call after self message "Please call 111-222-3333, Exp 444, thx <enter>",

it is easy fast
Yes, I agree about this too -- I believe this feature should/will be added at some point. I use the software myself as well!

cando said:
You can get relay AND tty calling from www.iptty.net on your pager internet browser without any download. And it works on all Blackberries. And Treo. And SKII (after u get the new OTA 2.3). MCI iprelay is crooks anyway.
iptty works great, but it's kind of like a Geo Metro. Slow to use. Using the IP-Relay software is like a ferrari, because your typing is transmitted immediately, no lag, no refresh, no hitting Enter, it behaves like a real TTY.

Blackberry call to VRS/Hearing, okay... Can Hearing/VRS call Blackberry?

Mark Rejhon said:
Yes, I agree about this too -- I believe this feature should/will be added at some point. I use the software myself as well!

If it were to pull numbers off our BB/Outlook contacts list, it'd be even better! I wouldn't want to keep two separate phone lists on a BB!

An added item on the track wheel click list
Email lastname, firstname
Call lastname, firstname
SMS lastname, firstname
IP-Relay lastname, firstname

Until then, if autotext works, make some easy macros.

Steve

Hi, I got new Blackberry B7290

Hi guys. I got new bb7290. I used have sk2 but, it key pad lifting off and i sent it to t-mobile to exchange other sk2. They sent it back said it not work and said that screen broken (liar!!!) so refused to replace other sk2 (i'm very sad and pissed) becauce, they dont have sk2 anymore on stocks and not do anything to help me. I am so angry. I end up get BB 7290 discounts.

Anyway, I went to www.Ip-relay.com and follow the instructions and got it. it working pretty good. I am still try get use this this BB 7290.. But it nice since it very fast. :hyper: ( I admit t-mobile service suck!) :ugh3:

haliwa said:
Hi guys. I got new bb7290. I used have sk2 but, it key pad lifting off and i sent it to t-mobile to exchange other sk2. They sent it back said it not work and said that screen broken (liar!!!) so refused to replace other sk2 (i'm very sad and pissed) becauce, they dont have sk2 anymore on stocks and not do anything to help me. I am so angry. I end up get BB 7290 discounts.

Anyway, I went to www.Ip-relay.com and follow the instructions and got it. it working pretty good. I am still try get use this this BB 7290.. But it nice since it very fast. :hyper: ( I admit t-mobile service suck!) :ugh3:

There are other Blackberry relay services, like Sprint IP Wireless (http://www.sprintrelay.com/download from your Blackberry). That's the one I use.

Back