Easy IP-Relay Now Available On BLACKBERRY

Too little, too late! I gave up Blackberry. I hate add ons, and additional subscriptions with seperate vendors. Too much headache, and Sidekick II so far served me so well!

Hi Mark,

I have Blackberry 7290,

I download OTA but it is fail, message say ""HTTP Error 500 Internal Server Error, An Unexpected condition was encountered which prevented your request from being fulfilled. This could be caused by a problem with the gateway, a problem with the destination server, or a problem with the page itself . Please try loading a different page. Contact your service providite if this problem persistd"

Same problem I went though. That was the last straw for me.

rhr said:
Hi Mark,

I have Blackberry 7290,

I download OTA but it is fail, message say ""HTTP Error 500 Internal Server Error, An Unexpected condition was encountered which prevented your request from being fulfilled. This could be caused by a problem with the gateway, a problem with the destination server, or a problem with the page itself . Please try loading a different page. Contact your service providite if this problem persistd"

Whats more, what turns me off with Blackberry is that RIM wants complete control of their patents, sueing several service providers over royalities. All they want is MONEY MONEY MONEY! So, should I care about RIM corporation? NO FUCK WAY! ENOUGH of that controls.

no! RiM never cared about customers, know why? I can't even type comfortable on that keyboard that's smaller than a sidekick! I got big hands.

Exactly! RIM don't give damn about their customers BECAUSE their customers usually though the wireless service provider. All they care is MONEY!

Of course, I DO like their keyboard size, much easier... Love its much longer battery life... BUT do I want the aggrivation of set up and trying to figure out which application works best? Trying to find multiple service providers, do I need multiple billing? Of couse NOT!

I wish that RIM realizes that there are demands for indivuals and they can NOT afford the luxuries of fancy system, along with government style bureucrancy.

sequoias said:
no! RiM never cared about customers, know why? I can't even type comfortable on that keyboard that's smaller than a sidekick! I got big hands.

Mark Rejhon said:
Hi,

Check http://www.ip-relay.com

They have now released the BlackBerry version of IP-Relay.
(My employer, Idokorro, made this software for MCI!)

There's several versions there, Mark. Did your company only do one version?

These versions don't work on the Blackberry I have. Oh, well.

keep in mind, that blackberry is always great at e-mail client. It cannot handle well with text-message or internet thing.

Hi,

If your BlackBerry is provided to you by your employer, use this version instead:
http://ip-relay.idokorro.com/IPRelayBES.jad
(This is the one that requires the BES server)

If you are having problems getting Internet stuff working on your BlackBerry, you should use the resources found at www.BerryFAQ.com to help you through. Post your questions on the BlackBerryForums.com forum website.

There are happy users of BlackBerry IP-Relay here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=16029

Dennis said:
These versions don't work on the Blackberry I have. Oh, well.
Details please, in about six or seven sentences.
- Error message?
- How did your BlackBerry respond?
- What model BlackBerry? (7230? 7290? 7100? etc.)
- Which carrier? (Cingular? T-Mobile?)
- What steps did you do?

Then we may be able to get it working.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your BlackBerry is Running Version 4.0 Operating System Or Later! Go to Options->About .... If it says "3.6" or "3.7" or older, then your BlackBerry is running old software. Please upgrade to BlackBerryOS 4.0 first before trying again.

All, please stay on topic. Please complain about IP-Relay. Do not complain if you do not own a BlackBerry.

blackberry is sucks !!!
I agree with you about older models of BlackBerry. The newer ones are much better. Also, I should remind everyone that this is a thread about IP-RELAY thread, not a "BlackBerry Sucks" thread.

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's please stay on the topic of IP-RELAY.

Everyone, please stay on topic. If you want to comment about your experiences on this version of IP-Relay via BlackBerry.

Also, please remember that I am working as a volunteer doing these posts in an unpaid manner. If you want technical support, MCI is the one providing this. However, I am happy to try to help as a hobby. This is not a "blackberry sucks" thread -- please post a separate thread for that. This is an "IP-Relay" thread.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your BlackBerry is Running Version 4.0 Operating System Or Later! Go to Options->About .... If it says "3.6" or "3.7" or older, then your BlackBerry is running old software. Please upgrade to BlackBerryOS 4.0 first before trying again.

Mark Rejhon said:
Hi,

If your BlackBerry is provided to you by your employer, use this version instead:
http://ip-relay.idokorro.com/IPRelayBES.jad
(This is the one that requires the BES server)

If you are having problems getting Internet stuff working on your BlackBerry, you should use the resources found at www.BerryFAQ.com to help you through. Post your questions on the BlackBerryForums.com forum website.

There are happy users of BlackBerry IP-Relay here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=16029

Hi Mark, Thank you for get http://ip-relay.idokorro.com/IPRelayBES.jad
, it is working, after I click "Make a Call" after run connectd. It is error, said "Disconnected null Exception occured. java.lang.NullPointer Exception null" what happen?

Mark Rejhon said:
Details please, in about six or seven sentences.
- Error message?
- How did your BlackBerry respond?
- What model BlackBerry? (7230? 7290? 7100? etc.)
- Which carrier? (Cingular? T-Mobile?)
- What steps did you do?

Then we may be able to get it working.

Sorry for the lack of detail. Wasn't sure if you could look into it, as you said it was your company, not necessarily you, who developed it.

Sprint CDMA Blackberry 7750
BB OS 4.0.0.171
Downloaded the 7520 version, meant for NexTel.
Steps: Downloaded and attempted to connect. No good. No error message, just didn't connect at all.

Will try downloading the BES version and give it a shot.

rhr said:
Hi Mark, Thank you for get http://ip-relay.idokorro.com/IPRelayBES.jad
, it is working, after I click "Make a Call" after run connectd. It is error, said "Disconnected null Exception occured. java.lang.NullPointer Exception null" what happen?

One of my friends, who has a NexTel BB 7520 w/ OS 4 says he has the same problem, after completing a call he disconnects and reconnects to get that error. He has to close the program and reopen it to connect, which is very inconvenient.

Mark is there a version of the IP-Relay program for the 6230 running OS 4.0?

I am complain at my work or Cingular new add BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) now, BBWeather, BBToday, GViewer, Rambile, Verichat, also IP-Reply are Error Null!!! maybe AT&T's APN: proxy is gone? maybe

Back