Ear Molds For Profound Loss

NaidaUP

Reaction score
I'm due for new ear molds on Friday and I really want to try skeleton molds.

Anyone on here with a profound loss use skeleton molds? I have to pay for my ear molds so not sure if I want to risk wasting my money on getting molds that won't be any good.

I currently have hard full shell ear molds.

I do. But they are soft, a lot fuller than a regular skeleton mold, and I have ear canals that close not far inside.

So my case may be different.

I had skeleton earmolds a long time ago.. they seemed to work pretty well for me. Have tried different kinds of molds over the years- those, the in-canal type (no mold in outer ear), hard molds, soft molds, full, half shell... current and last few pairs are full molds but this pair the tip of the mold is lesser as with the full thing covering that part of the ear caused sores all the time (I guess the concha??).

*I have profound deafness; severe to profound in my youth.

I do. But they are soft, a lot fuller than a regular skeleton mold, and I have ear canals that close not far inside.

So my case may be different.
Yours sound just like mine. I do not like full, hard ones.

I have a profound loss and can't wear the skeleton molds, I need to wear full shell ear mold but it not hard , is a soft mold . I use to wear the real hard ear molds but that was a long time ago .

I think it would depend partly on how sophisticated your hearing aid's anti-feedback software is.

I have a moderate loss with skeleton moulds and when I got glue ear (which I still have), my left ear dropped to moderate/severe... I had to get a new mould set. It was still skeleton but slightly thicker and even that whistles slightly, nowhere near as badly as with my old mould or hearing aid (coincidental upgrade) though.

I have Phonak Niadas with skeleton molds with minimal feedback, but I think there a suppression feature on them.

Well I bit the bullet and got a skeleton mold for my right as its only 95db to 100db but my left will still be full shell as it's 110db to 120db.

I think you may like the skeleton mold. I'm at 115 db and that's what I use.

I have soft skeleton molds and I love them, I flex between lower end sever and severe profound.

Back