Don't say you don't!

xsuperchick

Reaction score
Don't say you don't hate a little thing about Christmas... all those toys and lights !
Or when you were a kid and somebody gave you a gift without batteries! And you couldn't play until somebody else buys the batteries :lol: happened to me!!

Well... I will tell you a short story about what I hate about Christmas:

Living in Peru is pretty cheap, so usually pay for a good pair of jeans $24, a pair of shoes the same $24, and when we want to go in a taxi for long distance the top price is less than $2... I pay from my house to the center (like the main square) just 3 soles is like $1 with 50 cents. But, at xmas (Dec 23, 24, 25) all the taxis are like 5 or 6 soles ($3 or 4) it's not fair! I mean, I have to paid a taxi from my house to the volunteering place and I need to because for us it's kinda far. I don't take a taxi because I'm celebrating xmas, I need to go somewhere! don't agree with them when they say it's just because it's xmas...

And there's more, at the stores, when it's December first week, you want to buy all the xmas things you see... some silly thing is like $80, then, around these days it's 2x1. My sister is mad because she bought our nintendo wii for $482 and now it's $310 :lol:

Share your secret, what do you hate about xmas?

Only that in some neighborhoods and some families there seems to be the "competition" that "Sam has to have more than Bob or Mary" and that kind of thing. I have had to deal with the "my kids is better, smarter or whatever than your kid" from my brother and some neighbors.

For goodness sakes, Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of Jesus, not about who gets what.

Don't really celebrate it if I got no one to share with.

Although last year, I hated it because it felt like a big obligation to me to fulfil that person's every needs and wants. :|

Don't really celebrate it if I got no one to share with.

Although last year, I hated it because it felt like a big obligation to me to fulfil that person's every needs and wants. :|

its okay souggy i haven't celebrated christmas for..what 12 or so years now and i don't miss it :P

its okay souggy i haven't celebrated christmas for..what 12 or so years now and i don't miss it :P

Nah... I haven't celebrated it for a few years now. Just last year was an exception because the person in question never had a Christmas before and I wanted to spoil. :p

Nah... I haven't celebrated it for a few years now. Just last year was an exception because the person in question never had a Christmas before and I wanted to spoil. :p

OO i see...how nice

things has gotten to the point where there is NOTHING done from the heart!! its all BUY! BUY! BUY! and then give and no thanks or weak smiles! Whats the point? nowadays you can just go and buy what you need/want anytime and xmas just means more junk in the home.

Don't know if I hate it, but I am sad that the daughter of ours who has kids is going to the south to celebrate with her husband's family.

But at least I am going to see Sherlock Holmes which opens on Christmas. I am sure it will be OC.

4 weeks worth of preparation (tree, lights, gift shopping, soul food arrangements, getting casual clothes, grabbing a case of bubbly, etc), ending up enjoying it for 4 (or so) hours. For that, I'd better not hear a peep about the economy, incompetent family...) :lol:

Not having someone to cuddle with while the kiddo eagerly opens the gifts :)

Otherwise, I enjoy Christmas. I welcome traditions that makes a home all that much sweeter.

Damn you're good! Whoever is your little tykes dad needs his brains mailed back to his mother! ;)

That suck about taxi fares in Peru. that really drive me mad.
In Ireland Taxi fares set by goverment so they can not hike up the price.
But the shops do! and that maek me mad! If you can wait till Jan all the price drop again.

xsuperchick, there is always an advertising slogan to lure many parents and other shoppers to buy, buy, buy until they are drop. The cost of products are pretty tough on the budgets and some people can afford pretty well without having to go broke. We do have the products drop the dollars down after Christmas Day like Boxing Day here in Canada. Not all stores are going to open on Boxing Day. Just some stores that want to open on Boxing Day. Anyway, when I was little, we did not have all those batteries or motor run thingys. We have just natural things that we could afford to buy for Christmas presents. It would be nice if we go back in the old days where we can have makeshift toys like Santa and the Elves trying to make toys by hands. Maybe some toys are batteries run, but I don't remember back in the past if they have that long time ago. :hmm:

As for the taxi, it is not fair when it is suppose to be a Christmas spirit. Some taxi drivers or taxi companies don't care about the poor little people like us to have to pay high cost for a fare. They don't have a warm heart and generous to us anymore. That is pretty sad. :(

What I hate about Christmas is...

People purchasing gifts for my kids that requires batteries and leaving me to be responsible to buy the batteries.

yeah... the "batteries not included" is a major pain. They are not cheap... ya know?

What I hate about Christmas is all the things I need to buy or make for all the parties...work parties, kids' school parties, parties friends host, and family gatherings. It gets so overwhelming at times trying to keep track of what I need and for which party or event.

Like I had to go to 4 or 5 different stores looking for a plain red shirt for my daughter to wear for her Winter concert only to discover that all kids clothes come with pictures, designs or patterns on them. I gave up and got her an Xsmall plain nice Tshirt from the women's wear at Target. Just stressful to find the time to do all that with my already busy schedule. Getting burnt out and cranky.

I hate it that my tuition is due right after Christmas and it's a pain in the butt because it really strains my budget having to buy for everyone, and I get sent on a guilt trip from my mom when I don't spend the "appropriate" amount. Well blimey, they must think I am millionaire b/c I'm going to school w/o taking out student loans. PFFFT. :roll:

for many years, i always hated christmas cuz it was lonely time. no one to share. no traditions, no lights, no laughs, or anything. i would get gifts and most of time the gifts are useless. only time i loved gifts were from kids or from people who is mental challenged because they made it from their own hands. those are still useless but it was very valuable to me because they took time to make something for me. also when someone decided to take me to a place i never have been to. i always loved new places to explore :)

last year was the best because i finally had someone to share with. no amount of gifts, no amount of stress and no amount of money can equal to that. i hope this year will be same as last year.

Last edited:
I hate shopping in crowded stores will stressed out consumers. I did all of my shopping on line this year. We didn't get too carried away with the buying. Mostly stuff for my youngest child. Since I don't have to go out shopping, I'm ready to get festive at home.

My biggest pet peeve at christmas is BLUE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!

In my opinion, blue isn't remotely cristmassy, it just makes houses, trees, whatever... look like a police station and is garish and horrible. These lights offend my eyes and I hate them! Also (not only a christmas issue but its certainly exacurbated by the holidays) is people who ram into you with their pushchairs in the shops! GRRRRRRRRRR

hehe sorry, rant over :giggle:

My biggest pet peeve at christmas is BLUE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!

In my opinion, blue isn't remotely cristmassy, it just makes houses, trees, whatever... look like a police station and is garish and horrible. These lights offend my eyes and I hate them! Also (not only a christmas issue but its certainly exacurbated by the holidays) is people who ram into you with their pushchairs in the shops! GRRRRRRRRRR

hehe sorry, rant over :giggle:

I have blue Christmas lights. I like to be different from everyone so I use blue and white. :D

Back