Don't say you don't!

We use blue and white so as to continue the look of the beautiful blue skies from daytime into the night time. they can look very nice if done tastefully.

My biggest issue relates to money. In Missouri, like other states, property taxes are due at the end of the year, there goes Christmas. In Florida, your license tags are due by your birthday, hubby's is 12/17, there goes Christmas. 3 vehicles, 1 boat, 1 boat trailer, $600 or thereabouts. Gah!!!!:eek3:

Now my familiy is doing a game between them called "secret friend"... it's about buying gifts to the friend you got and at xmas eve you surprise them saying "I'm your secret friend!!" or something like that, I hope you know the game! :lol:

Well, what I hate about that is that I'm now working right now! I just got into university and I'll be free until next year... around May, so my mom has to lend me some money to buy my gifts U_U And I hate to buy shoes!! and my sister wants shoes (I'm her secret friend -don't tell her lol) so... I'll have to go on Monday to buy them. Wanna joing me? :P

x

I hate celebrating Christmas because this is supposed to be a joyous time of year when the reality is that this is the most stressful time of year. Families bicker, then there are those that celebrate Christmas alone because they have no one to celebrate it with.

I just wish there were a way to forget about the hustle and bustle of this time of year, get back to basics and just be. You know like you get just one gift for a special someone in your life, you open it, share the surprise, eat a small meal together and call it a day.

Besides sometimes I think this time of year actually makes people sadder.

I hate celebrating Christmas because this is supposed to be a joyous time of year when the reality is that this is the most stressful time of year. Families bicker, then there are those that celebrate Christmas alone because they have no one to celebrate it with.

I just wish there were a way to forget about the hustle and bustle of this time of year, get back to basics and just be. You know like you get just one gift for a special someone in your life, you open it, share the surprise, eat a small meal together and call it a day.

Besides sometimes I think this time of year actually makes people sadder.

it is. christmastime is also one of the biggest trigger for suidicals, fires, crimes, accidents, etc etc and also it seem like lot of deaths happens around that time. it can be a joyous time of the year if you do it right and if u are lucky enough to have supportive family/friends around. i dont think too many of us are that lucky.

it is. christmastime is also one of the biggest trigger for suidicals, fires, crimes, accidents, etc etc and also it seem like lot of deaths happens around that time. it can be a joyous time of the year if you do it right and if u are lucky enough to have supportive family/friends around. i dont think too many of us are that lucky.

Well, welcome to the world of Christmas Carol which is a story about the scrooge who was mean to many of the people that he was close to and not caring for other people like us. It is call "Greed". People who are miserable have to learn to change their attitude of trying to bring happiness and joy to the Christmas spirit. It is also about getting along with family and friends when it comes to holidays. SpiceHD, I know what you mean very well when it comes to many disasters and people who are not that lucky. :(

Well, welcome to the world of Christmas Carol which is a story about the scrooge who was mean to many of the people that he was close to and not caring for other people like us. It is call "Greed". People who are miserable have to learn to change their attitude of trying to bring happiness and joy to the Christmas spirit. It is also about getting along with family and friends when it comes to holidays. SpiceHD, I know what you mean very well when it comes to many disasters and people who are not that lucky. :(

yea. it is hardest time of the year for family who lost their loved ones, or people who do not have family at all, or poor families who wants so bad to give their own children the verison of what they sees on tv and heard from their friends but cant. christmas is great idea and all but it also seem to be birth of greed too. kids getting greedy and say i want this i want that no i want that too! people who doesnt thank you and basicially everyone seem to forget how to be nice till 25th.

its not simple anymore. i wish it still is simple.

yea. it is hardest time of the year for family who lost their loved ones, or people who do not have family at all, or poor families who wants so bad to give their own children the verison of what they sees on tv and heard from their friends but cant. christmas is great idea and all but it also seem to be birth of greed too. kids getting greedy and say i want this i want that no i want that too! people who doesnt thank you and basicially everyone seem to forget how to be nice till 25th.

its not simple anymore. i wish it still is simple.

Maybe we can start a chain reaction type effort to simplify Christmas. No more Christmas sales, no more keeping up with the Joneses, no more having to decorate and all that.

Just go on as you would the rest of the year. Just decorate a small tree, hang your stockings, and spend time with friends and family, and just be.

I have blue Christmas lights. I like to be different from everyone so I use blue and white. :D

I don't put up decorations and there is a lot less of stress since I stopped celebrating Christimas. I do look at decorations else where. I like colored bulbs in the bushes covered by snow as it reminded me of jelly nougat candy. (white bricks of taffy with colored jelly candies in them)

I hate that Christmas begins in the shops, not the heart. Shops begin showing Christmas stuff around October. Lucky me, we are happy with hand made things. I make fun hats, scarves, gloves etc some years. Some years I sew or something. This year, my work was demanding. I shopped at our local discount and dollar stores and got everyone funny pj pants. Why? Momma remembers them at bedtime in pjs. Bedtime stories, songs, sweet kisses. I told them this when we had half our Christmas this past weekend. We have a tiny, tacky dollar store fiber optic tree, decorated with blue glass balls, that sits on my buffet surrounded by cards from friends and family. It is all surrounded by tacky blue tinsel. We reuse sacks every year. They look for theirs. Even the dogs get a treat in the doggie stockings. Only the very youngest get toys or such. We are lucky to have more love than greed.

Back