Dog chewed controller.

LadySekhmet

Reaction score
UGH...stupid me. I left my CI on the table, my new puppy does not normally get up there, but today she go up there and grabbed my CI.

It's NOT badly damaged at all. The coil/battery is fine. The control has some bite marks. It still works.

Luckily, it's just the controller, but still. I wonder if insurance can replace it or whatever.

Anyone have experience? Please do not let me be the only one...:cry:

ooops... sorry no advice on insurance... I had numbers of HA's chewed by my previous dogs, current dog isn't interested thank god but i take no chance so they are either on my ear or in the box!

hope you can get replacement without question.

I confessed to my fiance about it..ironically a week before he has told me not to leave my CI on the table...I'm eating my words.

He was okay with it and wasn't as angry as I thought he'll be. He just kind of laughed and I asked him to help me be sure that anything that is within Stardust's reach to put it away. So, I am putting my CI carry case on the table. I take my CI's off when I'm taking a nap, so hence why I left it on the table.

I never had a problem with CATS! Totally not used to dogs. :)

I have a 12 year old guide dog. Although she's a yellow lab, she never chews anything, but I still keep my CIs in the Dry and Store no matter where I am. Even if I have to walk from one side of my apartment to the other in order to get to the Dry and Store (which is in my bedroom), I'll do it because I don't want to take the chance of her chewing it just in case. You never know what dogs will or won't do. Besides, if I keep my CIs in the Dry and Store, I always know where to find them.

oh no! naughty puppy. glad to hear your CI wasn't badly damaged.

I don't know if insurance will cover it. I suggest you read the insurance policy on coverage.

Yeah.... well it's not the pup's fault really so she's not the naughty one... When Boris was puppy EVERYTHING was out of his reach bar the furniture. He also has Crate to sleep in over night. I got plenty of cheap soft toys from charity shop (taking buttons out), and plenty of chews, when he chews on them i praise him, if i see him chew something he shouldn't chew i move him and put him with the toys that he suppose to chew on... eventually he clicked. Puppies is hard work but it's also rewarding. He loves cardboard boxes which is also another cheap toy! Plastic milk bottles.

On other hand you said Stardust is about 4 months? Is her teeth still sharp? if it is, she may be teething soon (puppies teeth between 4 to 8 months which they would chew alot), use finger sized frozen carrots/freeze apples they are good for chewing on and is cold to calm the inflamation. And i advise you to wear shoes in the house or hoover regularly. Puppies teeth are painful when trodden on!!!

Back