Does anyone skate/rollerskate here? :)

xsuperchick

Reaction score
I'm a rollerskater girl :cool2: And I was wondering if anyone else loves skates/rollerskates?

It's an awesome sport! Tell me what you think! :D

:wave:

Used to... no longer interested... but yep, it's a great sport nontheless. It's just taking me far to drive in order to find decent streets where I can skate. Hence why I gave up. I'm more into running now :cool2:

ice skating count?

Favorite thing is ice skating on the fresh frozen lakes and ponds in the late fall early winter before the snow comes. Some places the wind blows the ice clean and that is good too. I used to have a favorite place out on the coast where freshwater springs would make new ice all winter and the wind would keep it cleaned - nothing better than having a nice long intricate run of good ice to skate on with the Northern Lights dancing overhead.

off topic: I used to love running the ice bergs out there too. Great fun jumping from ice berg to ice berg always going just a little too fast so you have to make instant decisions. That was great until I dropped into an air pocket and smashed my face and had to get a bunch of stitches after running out of there for several miles. Not too smart but great fun while it lasted.

I'm a rollerskater girl :cool2: And I was wondering if anyone else loves skates/rollerskates?

It's an awesome sport! Tell me what you think! :D

:wave:

I want to be sure with you cuz I know English is not your first language.

rollerskate - that term is for
normal_Roller_skate_uid_1.gif

But I rollerblade.
rollerblade_twister_plus.jpg

so you rollerskate? I used to until rollerblade was invented. I live, breathe rollerblade :) and I even sleep & shower with rollerblade on :rockon: I play roller hockey.

sometimes during weekend, if i have no plan for that weekend. My girl loves to do something with her physical like mine. so anytime she said,"im bored." I said, " let's go outside, i do rollerblade and you ride your scooter. So we went for it many times during warm weather. i will do that again when spring comes. I love to exercise by rollerblading. I hope my girl will learn how to ride her rollerblade this spring! if she is willing then i will be very thrilled to have a partner!! my hubby used to do with me but he's always busy doing the backyard or house. I am not the type of person who loves garden or backyard or paint the house. I know i should have lived in the CITY. lol.

oh forgot to add a note - I'm very specific in what I want - the wheel size, the hardness/softness of wheel, the type of bearing, metal/plastic frame, etc. I lube, clean my bearing and rollerblade often. My rollerblade is tuned for high speed and agility hence.... an old hockey nickname - "Hyperboy" since I always used HYPER brand wheels at that time.

I keep rollerblade in my car trunk in case anybody wanna blade :rockon:

oh forgot to add a note - I'm very specific in what I want - the wheel size, the hardness/softness of wheel, the type of bearing, metal/plastic frame, etc. I lube, clean my bearing and rollerblade often. My rollerblade is tuned for high speed and agility hence.... an old hockey nickname - "Hyperboy" since I always used HYPER brand wheels at that time.

I keep rollerblade in my car trunk in case anybody wanna blade :rockon:

Awesome, I wish you live nearby!!!! i dont clean my rollerblade eh. I need HELP!

Jiro,

do NYC have any fundraising events or events for rollerblading? :hmm:

no idea but there's always rollerblading stuff going on in Central Park

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM_HVE7sBmA]YouTube - central park inline skater "summertime"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqeZvvTw7AM]YouTube - Central Park (1st lap) Inline Speed Skating Marathon[/ame]

Rollerskating Disco!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU4hUlOVLe4]YouTube - Roller Skating Central Park NYC 2002[/ame]

Awesome, I wish you live nearby!!!! i dont clean my rollerblade eh. I need HELP!

:eek3: that's...... CRIMINAL! :mad2:

oh boy I need to update my rollerblade knowledge with parts and wheels. My knowledge is based on several years ago and I hope it's still same to this date. My bearings and wheels were "top of the line" at that time. I haven't changed a thing cuz it works for me and it's still good.

Thanks, i will look up the videos when i get home. I want to try by rollerblading on NYC streets so bad! I did rollerblade in boston area. it was OK. I love DC/VA trail out there.

:eek3: that's...... CRIMINAL! :mad2:

oh boy I need to update my rollerblade knowledge with parts and wheels. My knowledge is based on several years ago and I hope it's still same to this date. My bearings and wheels were "top of the line" at that time. I haven't changed a thing cuz it works for me and it's still good.

ha ha yeah I do check my rollerblade to make sure they are working then there I go.

Thanks, i will look up the videos when i get home. I want to try by rollerblading on NYC streets so bad! I did rollerblade in boston area. it was OK. I love DC/VA trail out there.

rollerblade in Boston? my god..... it's terrible! it's cobblestone everywhere! but it's ok to blade along Charles River since the long sidewalk is newly paved for runners/bikers

rollerblade in Boston? my god..... it's terrible! it's cobblestone everywhere! but it's ok to blade along Charles River since the long sidewalk is newly paved for runners/bikers

LOL yes I agree. i did it outside of the charles river and I was there on charles river park. i even jogged there too. I lived in brighton Ma. :rockon:

I want to be sure with you cuz I know English is not your first language.

rollerskate - that term is for
normal_Roller_skate_uid_1.gif

But I rollerblade.
rollerblade_twister_plus.jpg

so you rollerskate? I used to until rollerblade was invented. I live, breathe rollerblade :) and I even sleep & shower with rollerblade on :rockon: I play roller hockey.

Thanks for the correction! I used to rollerskate but it was too heavy so I changed it to blades, so now I <3 rollerblades! :D

I'm thinking about getting a new rollerblades and I'll make a video while I'm skating :) Jiro, do you have any video? :D

Back