Does anyone know?

Pepsi

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have two questions.

1) Does bobbie pins and Q-tips in the ear cause more hearing loss?

2) Has anyone ever get tinnitus from too much caffeine?

1) I don't think Q-Tips in ears cause more hearing loss because I know someone that once got one stuck in her ear, went to the hospital to get it out, and never suffered from a hearing loss.

2) No idea.

1) yes my co worker went to the ER last week by accident poking it into her ear while she was fixiing her hair at the same time. duh. doctor told her that she is lucky that she could have lose her hearing. but she just got bleeding a little bit. whew. bobbie pin can damage inside the ear. :shock:

2) yes my hubby does get tinnitus when he drinks any caffeinees. some of my friends get it too. it depends on people. Not me.

may i ask a question? why ask about those interesting questions. :D

1) yes my co worker went to the ER last week by accident poking it into her ear while she was fixiing her hair at the same time. duh. doctor told her that she is lucky that she could have lose her hearing. but she just got bleeding a little bit. whew. bobbie pin can damage inside the ear. :shock:

OK, I did not realize that. I guess it depends on the case then right? And sorry to hear about your co-worker! That would not be fun.

There was recently a case talked about here where a 10 year old boy suddenly regained hearing in one ear when the fuzzy end of a Qtip that had been in his ear for a very long time popped out.

The Ringing and Buzzing of Tinnitus

According to the above link, caffeine is one of the most common causes of tinnitus and should be very limited.

2) yes my hubby does get tinnitus when he drinks any caffeinees. some of my friends get it too. it depends on people. Not me.

may i ask a question? why ask about those interesting questions. :D

My left ear is driving me nuts.Way down in side my ear hurts. I just feel like i need to stick something in there. I don't want to lose the little bit of hearing i have left in that ear, that's why i ask.

People keep telling me if i stop the caffeine my ears would stop ringing. :roll:

1. I don't think so...as long you're careful and not poke your eardrum out too hard...OUCH!

2. I don't know the answer to that. Hmmm..

I have two questions.

1) Does bobbie pins and Q-tips in the ear cause more hearing loss?

2) Has anyone ever get tinnitus from too much caffeine?

1)Well, they can cause ear wax to impact against the ear drum, and add a conductive loss to the loss you already have.

2) I have gotten tinnitis from taking a double dose of Excedrin, but am not sure if it was from the caffein or the aspirin, because aspirin can cause it, too.

Have you thought about going to the doctor to get your ear flushed? My son's pediatrician used to flush his out with a water pik evry so often because the ear molds caused wax to impact.

I cannot answer first of both questions but I would recommend you to check with Otolaryngologist on this.

I took my sons to Otolaryngologist to clean their ears several times a year.

He showed me how to clean our ears with Q-tips. Q-tips should be light clean inside and outside of ears, not deep near ear drum.

I´m sorry to say that your 2nd question is a myth.

I met many people who suffers tinnitus at spa resort, I spent for 5 weeks 3 years ago. Most of them told me that it´s stress.

I use Q-tips all the time, my family does, our ears havent been affected by them

Thanks for all the post, I will go see a doctor about that ear.I never knew stress can cause tinnitus :)

Jillio, I have took Excedrin for headaches and I think your right about that because it happen to me a few times :)

1)Well, they can cause ear wax to impact against the ear drum, and add a conductive loss to the loss you already have.

2) I have gotten tinnitis from taking a double dose of Excedrin, but am not sure if it was from the caffein or the aspirin, because aspirin can cause it, too.

Have you thought about going to the doctor to get your ear flushed? My son's pediatrician used to flush his out with a water pik evry so often because the ear molds caused wax to impact.

the impacted wax may then cause a cholesteatoma. This can cause deafness or hearing loss. Some cholesteatoma must be surgically removed. Like me.

the impacted wax may then cause a cholesteatoma. This can cause deafness or hearing loss. Some cholesteatoma must be surgically removed. Like me.

Correct. That is why it is important to get the ear flushed.

Back