Do you guys enjoy sign language or subtitles more when watching content?

sign language or subtitles

• sign language

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • subtitles

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

skychock2

Reaction score
Do you guys, i am interested if you find it better when people do sign language whilst speaking in content.

Feel free to talk about your experience with this or you can just vote in the pole.

Last edited:
I prefer seeing sign language. My eyes start to get cross-eyed reading the scrolling screen of captions lol. I prefer the beauty of sign language. It is beautiful to me, because everyone has their own flow of signing, as one has different dialects to speech.

I prefer seeing sign language. My eyes start to get cross-eyed reading the scrolling screen of captions lol. I prefer the beauty of sign language. It is beautiful to me, because everyone has their own flow of signing, as one has different dialects to speech.
At the moment, I prefer subtitles. We never used captions when I was a kid because I was the only deaf one in the family. I actually started using subtitles to watch foreign films, not because I am deaf. However, I use subtitles all the time now. I find that I miss less and understand more with captions. Yes, it was hard on my eyes at first trying to read and watch at the same time. I have done it some much now, it has become second nature. I told my mom that if we had used subtitles when I was a kid, I would not have asked so many questions while watching movies and tv shows. Anyways, I might prefer viewing ASL in the future once I learn. I just started a course about 1 month ago.

Sometimes it depends on the content, the interpreter skills, and the interpreter’s knowledge of the material. An Englishy interpretation can be more exhausting than more pure ASL. When I watching techical content, if the interpreter isn’t familiar with the topic and jargon to translate the concept correctly or intuitively, captions are better.

Sometimes it depends on the content, the interpreter skills, and the interpreter’s knowledge of the material. An Englishy interpretation can be more exhausting than more pure ASL. When I watching techical content, if the interpreter isn’t familiar with the topic and jargon to translate the concept correctly or intuitively, captions are better.
Something like this with captions is it? Just short and simple.

Some people may not catch fast sign language so can go together with the captions. Would that helps? I wonder?

Do you guys, i am interested if you find it better when people do sign language whilst speaking in content.

Feel free to talk about your experience with this or you can just vote in the pole.
Speaking and signing at the same time might be difficult.
Even hearing interpreter speak with sign language may not match at the same time.
Because sign language has short meaning to provide full understanding of captions to prevent from any misunderstanding as a person seeing sign language may have different interpretations when watching sign videos without captions. Just my 2 cents.

At the moment, I prefer subtitles. We never used captions when I was a kid because I was the only deaf one in the family. I actually started using subtitles to watch foreign films, not because I am deaf. However, I use subtitles all the time now. I find that I miss less and understand more with captions. Yes, it was hard on my eyes at first trying to read and watch at the same time. I have done it some much now, it has become second nature. I told my mom that if we had used subtitles when I was a kid, I would not have asked so many questions while watching movies and tv shows. Anyways, I might prefer viewing ASL in the future once I learn. I just started a course about 1 month ago.

Getmodnow est une plateforme qui fournit des informations et des applications de jeux gratuites aux utilisateurs du monde entier. Conçu pour satisfaire les besoins de divertissement de tous âges, Getmodnow est fier d'offrir une collection diversifiée de jeux riches et engageants.
C'est formidable à quel point il est devenu utile pour vous de comprendre les films et les émissions. Apprendre l’ASL semble être un voyage passionnant et peut vraiment offrir une nouvelle façon d’expérimenter le contenu.

Back