Do deaf people wish hearing people would learn sign language?

Do deaf people wish hearing people would learn sign language?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mjperezo

Reaction score
I'm curious what the consensus from deaf people is on this question. Google won't answer me!

jackallen

Reaction score
I'm curious what the consensus from deaf people is on this question. Google won't answer me!
When I was 17 through 21 I had an affair with a married deaf lady ten years older than me; a hair stylist, who I met in a nightclub and we typed each other messages on my old Nokia to communicate and used a large notepad later while in bed together, writing or drawing new circles around already written words or phrases for emphasis

She got me learning sign pretty fast, gave me a big book to study and lots of very hands on tuition. . . can't speak for all deaf folk but she sure wanted me to learn . . .

The affair gradually fizzled out and she dumped her asshole husband and married a good guy and had kids so I forgot most of the signage through lack of use - probably need to start again as I am now slowly going deaf in one ear lol

CoffeeCat086

Reaction score
I do. Lol but I’m just getting services to learn myself. They’ve tried lip reading and I can…. Somewhat, but it’s spotty.