Deaf education

Mayank

Reaction score
Hi!
This is Mayank from India.Now a days i m in US.I want to know about the deaf education here.I have completed my 10th grade from india.can u please tell me wat i can do for my further education here in USA.I have done Cooking course and i m very good in painting and i got so many awards for this in India.

Mayank said:
Hi!
This is Mayank from India.Now a days i m in US.I want to know about the deaf education here.I have completed my 10th grade from india.can u please tell me wat i can do for my further education here in USA.I have done Cooking course and i m very good in painting and i got so many awards for this in India.

Do you mean for college? I am not sure what kind of education you are seeking?

If you have a high school diploma or the India equivalent of a high school diploma, think about college and a Bachelor's degree.

But if you didn't finish high school, try getting your General Equivalency Diploma. Let me know if you want more information.

Hope that helps! :)

Actuallt i didn't finish my High school but even then i want to do some career oriented course so that i can work after completing that course.So please guide me regarding this.

Endymion said:
If you have a high school diploma or the India equivalent of a high school diploma, think about college and a Bachelor's degree.

But if you didn't finish high school, try getting your General Equivalency Diploma. Let me know if you want more information.

Hope that helps! :)[/

Hmm. I definitely suggest finishing your GED. But other than that, you might want to check out these links:

The Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook:

Painters: http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos240.htm (I don't know if you mean regular painting, or art painting?)

Cooks: http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos161.htm

I suggest reading the part about "Training, Other Qualifications, and Advancement" in each link.

Personally, you may be interested in working in the general trades (plumbing, car repair, construction, etc.). They pay very well and do not usually require you to go through years and years of college.

You are over 30 years old and should be able to finish the high school course in a night class at the community college or at YMCA or YWCA. So the first thing is go to the Vocational Rehabilitation to ask for night classes in order to get the GED. If you are deaf, then you need to have an ASL interpreters to help you get good grades in the night class. Then you will graduate with GED. With that degree, you need to go to the Vocational Rehabilitation to talk to the counselor about looking for community school where they have Deaf program like ASL interpreters, notetaking, and captioned programs for classes. Tell the counselor what you are interest in the courses for college. The counselor will help you. :)

EDITED: You are from New Jersey, USA. You are not living in India, right?

Back