Deaf Education - One size does not fit all

There is a difference between sharing information, and shoving it down other's throats. Sharing is a dyadic proposition. The deaf have already informed you that they do not wish to engage in this dyadic reciprocity with you.

Free will jillio, as well as freedom of OMG speech!

And, once again, interpretation is not necessary. You promote the learning of English as a first language for deaf children, therefore, your intent is very clear.

And the claim that you bear "no hostility" is yours, not flip's.

jillio - I was referring to the word unhealthy.:roll:

Guess you must of missed this yet again.:roll: I promote learning the familial language via CS and ASL from a fluent Deaf role model. In my utopia it would be for both, upon diagnosis, but this is the real world here.[/QUOTE]

Funny, it was in your post. And there you have it..."promote the learning of the familial language". Just another way of saying "English first". It is not the child's responsibility to tend to the parent's needs. It is the parent's responsibility to tend to the child's needs. Again, that is the fatal error in your logic.

Free will jillio, as well as freedom of OMG speech!

There's that word again, "speech". And if you want to continue to alienate the very community that you claim to serve, then so be it. You are doing far more damage to your position than anyone else ever could. Self defeating behavior, but have at it, if you insist.

Simply what I said .

And a question posed on a public forum is open to response by all. If you desire a response from a single individual, then perhaps your best tactic would be to use pm.

And, once again, interpretation is not necessary. You promote the learning of English as a first language for deaf children, therefore, your intent is very clear.

And the claim that you bear "no hostility" is yours, not flip's.

Guess you must of missed this yet again.:roll: I promote learning the familial language via CS and ASL from a fluent Deaf role model. In my utopia it would be for both, upon diagnosis, but this is the real world here.[/QUOTE]

I find it amusing, indeed that you speak of the "real world", yet the web address idealist.org - Welcome to Idealist.org - Imagine. Connect. Act. is a direct link to the National Cued Speech Association. Idealist is an odd word indeed for one who claims to function on real world prinicples.

Guess you must of missed this yet again.:roll: I promote learning the familial language via CS and ASL from a fluent Deaf role model. In my utopia it would be for both, upon diagnosis, but this is the real world here.

Funny, it was in your post. And there you have it..."promote the learning of the familial language". Just another way of saying "English first". It is not the child's responsibility to tend to the parent's needs. It is the parent's responsibility to tend to the child's needs. Again, that is the fatal error in your logic.[/QUOTE]

jillio- I agree it is the parents reposibilty to tend to the childs needs from diaper changing, to dinnertime conversations, to first dates, first cars and so on and so and so on.

Jillio - Actually what I said...yet again for you is: I promote learning the familial language via CS and ASL from a fluent Deaf role model

Guess you must of missed this yet again.:roll: I promote learning the familial language via CS and ASL from a fluent Deaf role model. In my utopia it would be for both, upon diagnosis, but this is the real world here.
I find it amusing, indeed that you speak of the "real world", yet the web address idealist.org - Welcome to Idealist.org - Imagine. Connect. Act. is a direct link to the National Cued Speech Association. Idealist is an odd word indeed for one who claims to function on real world prinicples.

jillio- Thanks for the link! In case you didn't get a chance to read this part.

Idealist is a project of Action Without Borders, a nonprofit organization founded in 1995 with offices in the United States and Argentina. Idealist is an interactive site where people and organizations can exchange resources and ideas, locate opportunities and supporters, and take steps toward building a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives.

idealist.org - Welcome to Idealist.org - Imagine. Connect. Act.

Funny, it was in your post. And there you have it..."promote the learning of the familial language". Just another way of saying "English first". It is not the child's responsibility to tend to the parent's needs. It is the parent's responsibility to tend to the child's needs. Again, that is the fatal error in your logic.

jillio- I agree it is the parents reposibilty to tend to the childs needs from diaper changing, to dinnertime conversations, to first dates, first cars and so on and so and so on.

Jillio - Actually what I said...yet again for you is: I promote learning the familial language via CS and ASL from a fluent Deaf role model[/QUOTE]

And, when you use the entire quote, it is an automatic implication that ASL can't be the familial language. So, once again, by your definition, English first.

Dinnertime is but one small point during the day. It is the parent's responsibility to tend to the child's communication needs from the child's perspective, at all points during the day, the weeks, the months, the years, and the decades.

There's that word again, "speech". And if you want to continue to alienate the very community that you claim to serve, then so be it. You are doing far more damage to your position than anyone else ever could. Self defeating behavior, but have at it, if you insist.

jillio- Freedom of speech, do you need a definition?

jillio- Freedom of speech, do you need a definition?

Not at all. Do you need a definition of "annoying?" And if you are going to cite freedom of speech, I will refer you back to your post #476. If you wish to claim a right as your own, you must afford that right to others, as well.

And it still links directly back to NCSA. Still a contradiction in terms on your behalf.

jillio - What are you talking about? Looks like a site to exchange and share information to me. This is all good.

Idealist is a project of Action Without Borders, a nonprofit organization founded in 1995 with offices in the United States and Argentina. Idealist is an interactive site where people and organizations can exchange resources and ideas, locate opportunities and supporters, and take steps toward building a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives.

And a question posed on a public forum is open to response by all. If you desire a response from a single individual, then perhaps your best tactic would be to use pm.

jillio - If I was to take your suggestion then there would be no sharing of information. That would not be okay with me.

jillio - What are you talking about? Looks like a site to exchange and share information to me. This is all good.

Once again, being purposely obtuse. Of course, I am referring to the use of the phrase "real world" and the use of a website using the word "idealist" as a link to the website to the organization with which you are affilitated.

Yes, loml.....imagine.....connect with the deaf community.....act on their behalf...."nothing for us without us." Concepts that appear to be quite out of your realm of comprehension or experience.

jillio - If I was to take your suggestion then there would be no sharing of information. That would not be okay with me.

As I stated prior, sharing is a dyadic activity. Shall I define dyadic for you?

In that case, I suggest you refrain from attempting to limit the responses you receive to your questions.

Who's on first?

Jillio - Actually what I said...yet again for you is: I promote learning the familial language via CS and ASL from a fluent Deaf role model

And, when you use the entire quote, it is an automatic implication that ASL can't be the familial language. So, once again, by your definition, English first.

Dinnertime is but one small point during the day. It is the parent's responsibility to tend to the child's communication needs from the child's perspective, at all points during the day, the weeks, the months, the years, and the decades.[/QUOTE]

jillio - Ideally the child would have aquire/learn both, determining which would be first would be somewhat difficult. English first, ASL, the child needs to be part of their family. How each individual family accomplishes this, up to them. They have to make informed decisions.

Even if the deaf child learns the familial language first, why do you have such issue with this?

Tell me, loml, if you are indeed a supporter of ASL for the Deaf/deaf, have you taken the time to send your support to Pepsico, or your objections to A.G. Bell regarding their discriminatory protest of Pesico's ad?

Hip bone's connected to the rib bone.......

Once again, being purposely obtuse. Of course, I am referring to the use of the phrase "real world" and the use of a website using the word "idealist" as a link to the website to the organization with which you are affilitated.

Yes, loml.....imagine.....connect with the deaf community.....act on their behalf...."nothing for us without us." Concepts that appear to be quite out of your realm of comprehension or experience.

jillio - I am simply posting some information regarding the site.

jillio - I am simply posting some information regarding the site.

The information is already available for any who wish to access it. You are being redundant, as well as obtuse.

Back