Dating after 50? is it too late?

Money does not buy love but it helps you get access through a door or two that eliminate fakes. Again, love is the most powerful tool beyond anything else.. and again it is never too late to find one. If someone is after money, they are not worth it.

It's not a question of being after money so much as picking a partner who has the ability to provide for you, there is a difference between a gold digger and a woman looking for a solid mate.

Women have to weed out undesirables as well.

I just saw a special on the Science of Attraction from Discovery Channel. I'm going to look further into this, perhaps money is still an issue at any age.

science is shit, like its a known 'research findings' that women go for guys with money, so called partly with security,its a status thing too. like access to more expensive perfumes, ,restaurents, (not neccessaily the best or most expensive, just THAT lifestyle of outings they go after, but like if men can learn to appreciate good foods and going out without costing alot, they will upp their attractiveness because they are FUN.....that's what women really are after....

the fun 'has to match both sides' women likes to pretend glamour is real, in similar way men likes to pretend 'macho or strong', its a culture thing or psychological, if you will, whatever floats your boat...(what's your preference in how to explain human 'nature' of behaviours and why we do things...etc)...

what im saying science is getting too often now used as a tool to manipulate the public to certain social values...im leery of science now...especially when it regards human actions...
thats all

The men I've met (around my age)...usually talk about their "late" wife or their divorses....or their ailments....:giggle:...Plus, a big factor, is that older men like the younger women...makes them feel ...ahhh...younger? and sexier?...

Now, if I could find a man who makes me Laugh, has good hygeine...who's in "no hurry"....takes care of himself and his own business...likes the simple things of life....ahhh...so much more....even opens the door for me...(that's sweet!)...

The men I've met (around my age)...usually talk about their "late" wife or their divorses....or their ailments....:giggle:...Plus, a big factor, is that older men like the younger women...makes them feel ...ahhh...younger? and sexier?...

Now, if I could find a man who makes me Laugh, has good hygeine...who's in "no hurry"....takes care of himself and his own business...likes the simple things of life....ahhh...so much more....even opens the door for me...(that's sweet!)...

LOL. The men around your age should be gentlemen already, I would be damned if they aren't and that means they have my pity because it will get them nowhere. And not just men, I have ran into a couple of females who still have pride in their husbands or going through sorrow phrases when it comes to age, cancer, or war.... They don't usually discuss about it until they are ready to move on.. Men who chases younger women.. for their excitment, I guarantee that... they may be ready for that but maybe won't realize it would lead them to having one of the health crisis or heart attack. And hey like other posts.. some women like younger men, why? handsome? faster and moves better in bed? Thought they liked slow and insanity? ;)

so what if its over 50

50 is now the new 30's practically...
Why is 50 suddenly "old?" My friend Nancy is over 50, and I do not think of her as old at ALL!

Why is 50 suddenly "old?" My friend Nancy is over 50, and I do not think of her as old at ALL!

I have to agree with this. Not because I'll be approaching 50 in several years, rather most people at this age will live well into their 90's. So, it's definitely the new middle age. Years ago, it would be thought of as upper middle age.

However, I don't think people realize they can keep themselves in good shape at this age. Sadly.

Yeah seems the older they get the younger they want their women,,

Maybe I got Lucky

I just a week ago met a man on line, yeah I know that can be kinda scary at 60, anyway I have been married a few times rather tell my age than how many times married. This man seems so nice, respectful,sweet,intelligent, kind and thoughtful, he is hearing and even realized right away I would rather see a movie at home because of my need for subtitiles, could not believe that because most hearing people don't get the meaning of deaf. Hope to see him again . If I might have found someone any anything is possible. Looking forward to a good year. trying to stay positive.:laugh2::giggle:

dream on rr you long wait find man with all those things,i know i spent many years looking for one then when i did he turned out to be gay

The times have a lot to do with possibilities. I am still a fully functional male that may be nearly deaf but everything else is still operational. I tried dating women in their fifties in my age group and found that the fad or whatever you want to call it has put the younger males on to them. It is not worth it to buck social trends in the American dating scene.
I went overseas and found a beautiful talented much younger woman. She is everything I ever wanted and real too. I am not a fast mover and she is patient with me. If I had kept on punishing myself here in the US as I had been I would be a lonely bitter guy. At least that was my perspective then. Now it does not matter if I was right or wrong; I am happy.

Wirelessly posted

deafgam said:
Are you over 50 and single Deaf? Is it too late to find someone at this age ? Its hard. Share your experience.

Loving a Deaf man / woman is not a crime...But the truth is the scincerity and open-minded relationship....Love is Blind...Age is nothing but just a Number

Wirelessly posted

deafgam said:
Are you over 50 and single Deaf? Is it too late to find someone at this age ? Its hard. Share your experience.

Loving a Deaf man / woman is not a crime...But the truth is the scincerity and open-minded relationship....Love is Blind...

Wirelessly posted

saywhatkid said:
Absolutely. After 50, it is time to wait for the Grim Reaper.

Joking, of course. I had my first son born at age 57. I think it was the right time. Gotta find the right mate to pull it off.

Loving a Deaf man / woman is not a crime...But the truth is the scincerity and open-minded relationship....Love is Blind...

met 50yr old that was pregnant and that unsual plus she had abortion .. but 57 and natural pregnancy is that a typo error

i've forgotten how to date. girls my age want to go clubbing, concerts, pubs... too noisy
after 50 I would think you could wave a finger and get hooked up with all that experience and self-confidence!

Deaf or not deaf, after 50y dating is possible if you have independent situation because it is helping someone single who lives difficult for it to succeed something in his life, age doesn't important.
Happy New Year for all

i go bird watching but the meetings one friday a month look at people photo,are intresting,first one i went to about twenty people put car keys on the table then one asked if i wanted lift home....i discovered some of them had swingers party afterwards,i walked home instead.
so bird watching good way meet people swinging is optinal

i go bird watching but the meetings one friday a month look at people photo,are intresting,first one i went to about twenty people put car keys on the table then one asked if i wanted lift home....i discovered some of them had swingers party afterwards,i walked home instead.
so bird watching good way meet people swinging is optinal

I think you must be one sexy lady! They were bird watchers until you showed up then they changed into bird doers. :wave: Laughs here, you cracked me up with this! Thanks you are a treasure.

Back