Creeped out from your HAs?

I don't even know if changing the colour would do much to stop them from creeping me out when I look at them, but if it doesn't cost much at all, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Maybe because they are similar to skin colour and I'm pulling them out of my ears and the odd shape, I don't know but I'm sure I'm alone on being creeped out by my hearing aids.

Ok, you can get them in red for right, blue for left, beige or clear! Basically not cool colors that other people can see! All the colors will be hidden as its in the ear!!

I got the impression that Saavik's problem comes when taking them out — not while wearing them.

And vermouth, gin, little pickled onions and green olives. :naughty:

that's a little more difficult, but see your point, 'portable cocktail first aid kit' well hey a kitset box...that would be what you'd require for your solution lol

this is pretty spooky but last October before, my left hearing aid started clicking and the light on it was a little crazy but at the end of the day, it went back to the normal state.

You may of had some moister in your tube , that happen to me . My HA started to beep on it own then turn off and I would be talking to someone then I could hear nothing! A new battery did not help so I brought it in to be checked out and was told there was moister in my tube. I got on of those boxes that help remove moister but I think it made my tube get too hard faster. So I don't use it all the time.

You may of had some moister in your tube , that happen to me . My HA started to beep on it own then turn off and I would be talking to someone then I could hear nothing! A new battery did not help so I brought it in to be checked out and was told there was moister in my tube. I got on of those boxes that help remove moister but I think it made my tube get too hard faster. So I don't use it all the time.

Wouldn't one of those puffer things work for moisture in the tubing? I've had one for years for that reason to puff my tubing out every night. I also use a dry n store without fail each night. Safe place away from my dog but is also drying out my hearing aids.

Wouldn't one of those puffer things work for moisture in the tubing? I've had one for years for that reason to puff my tubing out every night. I also use a dry n store without fail each night. Safe place away from my dog but is also drying out my hearing aids.

Your dog but is also drying out your hearing aids? ;) I've never thought about trying that, I'm pretty sure my border collie would protest that.
:laugh2:

Your dog but is also drying out your hearing aids? ;) I've never thought about trying that, I'm pretty sure my border collie would protest that.

I've heard many stories of dogs chewing hearing aids. I don't want that to happen to me! :)

Somewhere on here is a picture of one of my husband's hearing aid just after it had been retrieved from the dog's mouth.

My dog ate mine up twice when I still wore them. Twice. My fault too. I left them within her reach. Very expensive mistake!

My cat learned how to open my HA case and would take them out and play witht them lol i got a small food storage container with a screw on lid thats what i keep all my stuff in now

LOL that's what I thought after I cleaned the earmolds that day but glad I let it dry out before putting it back on!

Mine dont creep me out. I dont like wearing them, but people dont usually say anything ( to be honest I wouldnt expect them to either!) If people ask me about them I just say "Yeah, going deaf, just one of those things :) "
I have had one guy take the mickey out of me at a pub once last year, I told him to come and talk to me personally outside if he had a problem. He never did.

My cat learned how to open my HA case and would take them out and play witht them lol i got a small food storage container with a screw on lid thats what i keep all my stuff in now

Wow, what brats. I have heard of dogs playing with HA's and chewing them up, but not cats. Luckily our two cats don't care a stuff about mine.

I keep mine on top of my computer modem as it's warm and dries them out. An audiologist told me to do that.

Mine don't bother me. Of course I have BTE's in black and they match the part of my glasses that go around my ear. Hardly noticeable -- especially for me. :ty:

they don't so much "creep me out" as they do serve as a constant reminder of what I did to myself, and how it was totally avoidable, which I don't think will ever go away...just like the scars on my trachea and abs, the fact that I am stuck with them forever is the hardest of all to come to terms with

Back