Creeped out from your HAs?

Saavik

Reaction score
Does anyone else get a little creeped out by the shape and colour of their hearing aids? I have half shells and for some reason, I hate looking at them because I get creeped out. Does anyone else experience this or is it just another thing to put down in the case against my state of mental health?

I have clear w/blue glitter ear molds and I like looking at them when I take them off or put them on. They're purrrrty. :)

I never been creep out by my HA. Is anything else creeping you out? If yes, do you have a fever ?

Not really, with a bte, you just have a cute little half moon, which I always have covered with Ear Gear, or another cover type that my daughter makes for me.

They are stylish!

Mine are stylish, I have glitter earmolds and Sky blue and purple ear gears. Much better then what I had 20 years ago :)

this is pretty spooky but last October before, my left hearing aid started clicking and the light on it was a little crazy but at the end of the day, it went back to the normal state.

What exactly creeps you out about them when you look at them?

Mine are a tan like colour and they seriously creep me out when I look at them and I have no idea why. I wish mine were purple and pretty, but they aren't sadly. I'd really like to take some nail polish or something and paint the outside part, but I know I'll screw up and get polish where it's not supposed to go, so I won't do that.

Ask your audi how much to send to lab for your fav color ear moulds.

Mine are a tan like colour and they seriously creep me out when I look at them and I have no idea why. I wish mine were purple and pretty, but they aren't sadly. I'd really like to take some nail polish or something and paint the outside part, but I know I'll screw up and get polish where it's not supposed to go, so I won't do that.

My HA and earmold are purple , I got tried of having boring tan HA. I am not sure what color I will get next time. Maybe red or orange. with marbled color earmold. I do not care if people can see my HA . Could you put some tiny stickers on your HA , there a lot a of cool ones out for Halloween . I would put bats on mine.

I have a CI, beige and boring. They sent me grey processor covers which are quite ugly. I painted flowers on them with nail polish and they turned out really nice. No one sees them though since I have long hair.

The OP hearing aids are in the ear ones which is why they are 'boring'!

My HA and earmold are purple , I got tried of having boring tan HA. I am not sure what color I will get next time. Maybe red or orange. with marbled color earmold. I do not care if people can see my HA . Could you put some tiny stickers on your HA , there a lot a of cool ones out for Halloween . I would put bats on mine.

I would be pretty keen on my BTEs black with orange Harley Davidson Willie G skulls on them and flames. *Shrug* My wife looked at me weird when I suggested that for "pimping" them out. Pish, spoil sport! What's wrong with that? They would match my scoot! :)

Hmm, maybe a new "industry" could be born out of this thread. Ultra cool HA pimping...

I don't even know if changing the colour would do much to stop them from creeping me out when I look at them, but if it doesn't cost much at all, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Maybe because they are similar to skin colour and I'm pulling them out of my ears and the odd shape, I don't know but I'm sure I'm alone on being creeped out by my hearing aids.

how about asking your audi if you could get it re-covered to a colour closer to your HAIR colour not skin...
that would be more successful, unless you're bald , or eye colours, or lip colours, or any colour, er what about suit, clothes what colour clothes do you wear most? if you're a bogan who likes to wear black get a black HA, if you're pinky purple type get that, if youre really blond ask for a light tan or white, or cream...

instead of grimacing about it, start now to think of what colour you really want, there's big chances it's available already...
so do something about it

my oticon sumo is black and grey, good colour goes better with my dark brown hair and dark glasses arms...so there..well when i got the sumo, i was asked which to pick, they suggested 'how about this one' blends better with your hair..and yep i never regretted the move from the boring deathy beige...

I don't even know if changing the colour would do much to stop them from creeping me out when I look at them, but if it doesn't cost much at all, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Maybe because they are similar to skin colour and I'm pulling them out of my ears and the odd shape, I don't know but I'm sure I'm alone on being creeped out by my hearing aids.

You can't get pretty colors for in the ear hearing aids.

Back