countdown to CI surgery!

SkullChick

Reaction score
Jan 15th! Only 2 and half weeks to go!!
Can't believe I'm going to get implanted.... I'm getting little nervous lol.
Only because I'm terrified of one part of anthenesia where your body act weird and shaky and heart rate and pressure goes haywire (140 heartbeats a min! That set alarm off till nurse hugged me it went down a bit) till get last part of anthenesia that knock you out! ACK! HATE that part because it scared me bad last time I went under lol I thought I was gonna get cardiac arrest sheesh lol hope I didn't freak out as bad this time and also this time my BF will be next to me and I'll ask him to hold me if I start getting too freaked out from side effect lol.
That's actually only thing I'm nervous about....
.... ok maybe not only one.... lol but sorry for being so vain but I'm nervous about surgeon shaving my hair off LOL
Wish me luck and also my dates for everything is below.

* PRE-OP appt is Jan 9th
* POST-OP appt is jan 23rd
* ACTIVATION (the big day!) is Feb 12th

Hope everything goes smoothly.

P.S: Is the pain usually not severe just really uncomfortable like stiffness in neck and headache?

Jan 15th! Only 2 and half weeks to go!!
Can't believe I'm going to get implanted.... I'm getting little nervous lol.
Only because I'm terrified of one part of anthenesia where your body act weird and shaky and heart rate and pressure goes haywire (140 heartbeats a min! That set alarm off till nurse hugged me it went down a bit) till get last part of anthenesia that knock you out! ACK! HATE that part because it scared me bad last time I went under lol I thought I was gonna get cardiac arrest sheesh lol hope I didn't freak out as bad this time and also this time my BF will be next to me and I'll ask him to hold me if I start getting too freaked out from side effect lol.
That's actually only thing I'm nervous about....
.... ok maybe not only one.... lol but sorry for being so vain but I'm nervous about surgeon shaving my hair off LOL
Wish me luck and also my dates for everything is below.

* PRE-OP appt is Jan 9th
* POST-OP appt is jan 23rd
* ACTIVATION (the big day!) is Feb 12th

Hope everything goes smoothly.

P.S: Is the pain usually not severe just really uncomfortable like stiffness in neck and headache?

Yay! You finally got the canidacy! I just bet you can't wait for the surgery and the activation. :hyper:

For many, pain is just uncomfortable however posters like Hearagain have said they felt like they got run over by a truck. One poster said he threw up blood but that's pretty unusual. You may feel dizzy from surgery or meds and that may clear up in a week or days depending on how fast your recovery date is.

Cograts and best of luck! :)

Good luck with surgery. Remember day 2 is the worst and it gets better and better. I am very excited for you.

Good luck SkullChick! You've been waiting for this! :)

It will be here before you know it! :) My pain was annoying and uncomfortable. It wasn't like pain pain. Cramps hurt worse.

7 more days!

Well my pre-op appointment is tomorrow
Jan 9th.
What should I know or do before the pre-op?
What do they do to me at pre-op?
Electrocardiogram, blood test?
Thanks!

take a pad and pencil. Make any notes on directions and place to be. We had to go through this one door not the other. So just learn where you need to go and what time you need to be there. Get there 30 minutes early.

Ask how long you wear your wrap. We had a confusion with scared hubby - he told me three weeks not three days.

Just ask anything that comes to your mind. No questions is wrong or silly.

Skullchick,

Congrats on your candidacy! Just relax, you will be fine! Look at how many of here came through the surgery! We are all still alive and kicking!

As for the pain, I agree with hearagain, I felt like I was hit by a Mack truck at first. But then the pain subsided and I was bouncing back like normal.

Everyone reacts different to pain that others.

And let me be the first to welcome you to the dark side.

Pre-op appt was simple just discussed couple things and asked million of questions not much happened but doctor heard my heart murmur today usually they doesn't but he don't seem worried about it and told me to get heart check up soon whenever so I'm good to go for surgery on 15th I'll find out what time I go in day before surgery I have to call hospital to get time for surgery, told me its outpatient so I have option to go home if I want to or stay overnight if I want to.

I think he's not worried cuz there's heart patient getting serious heart surgery goes under general anesthensia so I should be fine right?

I'm sure I'll be super nervous and maybe cry in surgery lol

Will def be thinking abt you. I had surgery last month and it didn't go as smoothly as it was supposed to but I lived to tell about it. :) the important thing is to remember you must relinquish control which is hard to do! Just think...who has the experience to fix a problem if something goes wrong? You? Or the dr/nurses? That is what I tell myself... That it is best to leave things in their hands (and God's if you prefer) ;-) I am super excited for you! GL!!!

I have a very slight heart murmur and I've been put under several times :)

It won't be long now :)

Skullchick.

you will do fine. they just want to take blood, question you few things like your history, medications blah Im sure which you already had it done today :)

dont worry or be afraid about after waking up surgery but like many of us who went thru.. all get various feeling..

Funny thing was.. when I got my first surgery in july 2001.. I felt like I got run over by a truck, and I felt like someone punch my jaw real hard..
This time I just had 2nd surgery on right ear jan 4th.. i woke up feeling pretty good, i though that was odd, dr said its good news, I said the noise etc he said thats good news blah etc im like what the heck are they crazy or what... Few days later.. yesterday I feel like I got run over by a truck but... at same time I came down with cold! what a nasty! just don't get yourself sick, keep yourself germ-free from everyone :)

and be sure to keep update with all of us :)
I rarely post out here but I m wishing you your luck and do share :)

hehe

It's getting closer! Good luck to you, Skullchick. Re: the anesthesia....just realx and enjoy the ride!

I knew it was coming up soon and i am glad i checked up on here. Good luck to you, thanks for all your help with my issues you have given me. You seem really excited! The anethesia is no big deal, it always reminds me of when i take too much benadryl.

HUGS

Nick

:rockon:

4 more days!

I'm feeling little more relaxed and it still haven't hit me that I'm gonna be implanted and become Ci-borg and join the dark side in 4 days! Its like totally weirdest feeling lol. And I'm sure on activation day I'll laugh and get kick out of it when they stuck magnet on my head and it stick I'll be like "omg it really is there!" and imagine when I first hear sound EEK I have no clue how I'll feel or what its like cuz all result is different I'm excited!
Also I got interview for anesthesia stuff like ask me my medical history, allergies, etc and let me ask million questions and they told me they'll give me much stronger sedative than diazepam/valium so I'll be sleepy and hopefully it work like its supposed to this time and I practiced breathing technique to try help me calm down a bit (panic disorder) and I figure while they inject the sedative I will just close m eyes and do that breathing excerise and keep doing that till it kicked in completely then I should be sleepy and relaxed right?

Hope that work!
Also they want me stay overnight
Yuck! Hospital creep me out and imagine at night! I'll probably hallunicate zombie or killer nurses/doctor coming in to kill me LMAO

Back