countdown to CI surgery!

Hey Skullchick,
You'll be fine. I know what you mean by breathing excerises (my bf has panic episodes sometimes, and even I use it if I feel nervous).

They will knock you out pretty quickly when you arrive in the OR.
They will put in catheter and just inject the sedative (probably will use Propofol this time for you...white stuff). Then you'll just drift off to sleep quickly.

The only thing that I did not like waking up was the chills/shaking. I keep getting cold, then hot, cold then hot...that was uncomfortable.

Other than that, I'm home, resting, just chillin'. You'll be back to your old self again in no time.

Good luck!

All I remember is waking up and having a oxygen mask on me which I hated and feeling like I got run over by a mack truck, then they gave me the morphine. Man was I out of it! Then I got back to the room and they gave me more pain pills! LOL talk about flying high!!!!

Just wanna to tell SkullChick a good luck for the surgery tomorrow! :)

Tomorrow!

TOMORROW!!! Lol
Today's the day I should know what time I go in hospital tmw they'll call my bf or his mother today and they'll tell me I'll update again tonight or morning before idk we'll see, not nervous yet, strange I usually get nervous way before any prodecure cuz I'm nervous person! Lol weird indeed! Hm well except for like 1 second if I think too much I get slight knot in my stomach but I tell myself "stop, relax don't get nervous I'll be fine and try stay calm long as possible till anesthesia kicked in" lol its kinda hard cuz I'm anxious, nervous type person and its TOMORROW!! Lol so strange that I'm getting surgery and get implanted, its like surreal like it have to be dream not reality. Weirdest feeling ever lol
Later tonight maybe 9-10 pm I'll update my blog with time of surgery for tomorrow and whatever else if they mentioned something and my feeling about whole thing like if I get nervous yet LOL
And next time I update blog will be probably day after surgery since I'm staying overnight if I'm up to it and if not I'll just update on here alldeaf its easier on my sidekick my blog won't let me sign on for some reason *shrug*
Thanks you all for support and answering my questions :)
-Amy

Time!

i got time for my surgery its at 9 am eastern time, but i have to be at hospital at 7 am ugh hate get up so early cuz im always so starving if i wake up before 10 am :lol: so everything seem to be going perfectly and im still calm and not nervous at all yet so hopefully that stay that way when i go in lol we'll see i just need not to think about it and tell myself to relax and its ok or think positive things like 'wow soon i will be able to hear my boyfriend, kitty meowing, music *i dont care if sound bad i just want hear it again* etc
-Amy

12 hours to go! :) You will do fine, just take it easy. Are you going to ask for the anti nausea meds?

Today!

Well I'm on way to hospital now so early and so hungry and thirsty ack lol getting slight butterflies in my tummy but mainly feeling hunger and little tired went bed really late last night lol.
I'll update wednesday on here about how I'm doing :)

Oh boyeeee .. you're all set! Good Luck and keep us posted!

Well I'm on way to hospital now so early and so hungry and thirsty ack lol getting slight butterflies in my tummy but mainly feeling hunger and little tired went bed really late last night lol.
I'll update wednesday on here about how I'm doing :)

Thinking of you and hoping that everything went well. Remember to take it easy afterwards, especially if you are flying high on the first few days because it will hit you afterwards if you try to do too much.

Well today was the day! Hope everything went well. And now I just wanna say your officially welcomed to the dark side and borged! Now on to activation!

All done

Hello I'm all done with surgery, they sent me home much earlier than planned cuz I did so well :)
I will update details of the prodecure tomorrow I'm tired and hungry right now and I'll take half of recommended dose of vicodin like surgeon told me to so
Thank you for all the support I greatly appreciate it :)
and thank you bear for welcoming me to the dark side and yes I'm CI-Borg now :lol:

Can't wait to hear how you are doing skullchick...glad it went so well.

dogirl

SkullChick.

welcome home!

Rest well for the week, you will thank to alot of us!

Hugs,
welcome to dark side and ci borg!

Wendy

Welcome to the darkside, Skullchick! Ha ha, there's no turning back now! You just got BORGED!

Hello, its day 2 now, took off my bandaged as ordered (24 hours) it look alright, shaved slightly more than I expected but it don't look too bad so. My incision is covered with tapes. Barely any pain mostly little bit on bottom part of my head near neck is little sore and only stiffness in neck that's it and my throat hurt more than my implanted side weird huh? Lol well I woke up with nosebleed only lasted about 30 seconds no big deal then I sit up to sleep instead of laying down got slight blood in lung but I got most of it out from coughing little bit a time so I'm alright just feel little weird.
And I'm still super sleepy and all I want to do is sleep lol.

anyways my surgery went like this I was calm most of time only got nervous on and off and on and off lol then when its time to go to OR room I got little nervous and I whimpered while putting sedatives in but this one is a lot better it did calm me down and relax muscles but at very last seconds I remembering not being able to breath at all and I gagged, gasped for air but next thing I know is I'm waking up from surgery in recovery room with tubes in noses and I kept going back to sleep for 3 hours on and off couldn't keep eyes open then finally can do for couple minutes they moved me to different room so I can have visitor come see me (my bf) he hugged and said ily like million of time lol aww sweetie guy. Then we stayed there chatting and went back to chatting once I woke up from falling asleep for few minutes lol then he went to get car up to front and nurse wheeled me to car and went home. I remember feeling stinging kind pain near incision before they gave me long-lasting pain reliever and ever since I'm great, barely any pain and I didn't even have nausea at all so I don't need anti-nausea meds and I was very dizzy first 12 hours after surgery I needed help with walking to bathroom and my bf carried me upstair to bed and I went to sleep instantly lol *snore* then woke up around 8:30 with nosebleed and spit up little bit of blood, its normal right? Then tried to go back to sleep but keeping having nightmare that I couldn't breath so I can't sleep then ate half of ramen noodles and took meds now I will go take short nap on and off as usual like yesterday lol I can't wait till I feel better and back to normal I hate this kind of feeling (super sleepy, stiff neck and throat sore) and also I don't remember if they gave me pneumoccial vaccine so my bf's mom will call them to double check makes sure if I did received it or not today or tomorrow.

Thank you everyone you been a lot of help :) :ily:
I'm gonna go rest a bit now, ciao
-Amy

"yesterday lol I can't wait till I feel better and back to normal I hate this kind of feeling (super sleepy, stiff neck and throat sore)"

We both have the same symptoms! My surgeon told me to help the stiffness, stretch it out from time to time. I found heating pad helps. :) Yes, I agree, the sore throat hurts MORE than the implant area!! I was saying over and over, "My throat hurts!!" right after surgery. They kept saying it will go away. Yeah...then I lost my taste buds, and numbness in the tongue. What a good way to lose weight. :roll:

Hope you're doing good! It's cool to have someone going through this the same time.

"yesterday lol I can't wait till I feel better and back to normal I hate this kind of feeling (super sleepy, stiff neck and throat sore)"

We both have the same symptoms! My surgeon told me to help the stiffness, stretch it out from time to time. I found heating pad helps. :) Yes, I agree, the sore throat hurts MORE than the implant area!! I was saying over and over, "My throat hurts!!" right after surgery. They kept saying it will go away. Yeah...then I lost my taste buds, and numbness in the tongue. What a good way to lose weight. :roll:

Hope you're doing good! It's cool to have someone going through this the same time.

Lol only 1/4th of my tongue is numb and taste metallic. Yeah it is cool that we're going through same thing at same time lol

Ooh I forgot to add one more thing.
My boyfriend told me that as soon my name moved from OR room to recovery room (have computer screen in waiting room with list of people name and where they are) he saw one snowflake fell and then started snowing and I thought it was awesome cuz he know I wanted snow badly and I got it as soon I got out of OR room and I said "it might be an sign that this is successful?" lol I don't know I just couldn't help but think its really cool lol.

Back