Connect Dell Mini 910 to tv?

LDNanna

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect a Dell Mini 9 to a HD tv? If so, what cables would be needed?

You will get the video to your tv w/a VGA cable and you will get the audio to your tv with a 3.5mm to stereo rca cable. Keep in mind that your computer is not an HD source so don't expect an HD picture.

You will get the video to your tv w/a VGA cable and you will get the audio to your tv with a 3.5mm to stereo rca cable. Keep in mind that your computer is not an HD source so don't expect an HD picture.

You can get HD picture with VGA but it won't support digital/HDCP, pretty much like component cable (RGB).

Thank you. Do you think I could get these cables at a place such as Best Buy, Radio Shack or even Wal Mart?

Thank you. I will look at the link. We want to try netflix to download movies. I have no game system to download to, such as x box and do not want to pay more money. Cables seem the most effective maybe.

Thank you. I will look at the link. We want to try netflix to download movies. I have no game system to download to, such as x box and do not want to pay more money. Cables seem the most effective maybe.

It is moot point to buy game console if you don't plan to use for games, IMO.

You could check on Roku and they are not bad idea.
Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and MLB.TV on Roku Player

As you said in previous post, use cable to tv is better one, or get Roku box.

Is it possible to connect a Dell Mini 9 to a HD tv? If so, what cables would be needed?

I use my HDMI cable from my HP dm1z netbook hook up to any HD TV. My Netflix stream with subtitles does work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4uizspjGQ&feature=related]YouTube - HP DM1z w/Fusion Playing 1080p on HDMI External TV (File & Streaming)[/ame]
evo-dragon-albums-hdmi-picture5066-imag0005.jpg

unfortunately, your Dell Mini does not have HDMI slot. Just buy VGA to TV Converter item.
41399a.jpg

http://www.cellularfactory.com/laptop/DELL/4/41399/171040/

Last edited:
It depends on the connection your computer has and the connection your television has.

What do the ports look like on the back of your computer and your television look like?

Back