Concern about medication..........

I look after 2 friends who has ADHD, they are friends of my daughters, they take tablets and I was told by their Mothers not to give them a cup of Orange Juice and Apple Juice because it will flared up.
Change food diet will help.

RedRum said:
I look after 2 friends who has ADHD, they are friends of my daughters, they take tablets and I was told by their Mothers not to give them a cup of Orange Juice and Apple Juice because it will flared up.
Change food diet will help.
Those two drinks also will cause less of the medicine to be absorbed and therefor not be as effective because they are acidic. If you were to give them some peanut butter it would increase the absorption - this isn't necessarily a good thing cause it also increases side effects. Just something to be aware of with the stimulant medications. :)

Okay, um,
where can I find Special Diet foods for my eldest son's ADHD on the website?.. To prevent getting worst behaving during in the school time.

He is almost supsend.. *sigh* My hubby will find it out and talk the prinpical... to see what's up new... He'll nofity me later on the late evening. I will not be here til evening tomorrow.

I wish I could help more about food diet, but hope other ADers will. (finger cross).

Some schools in Australia won't accept ADHD children who won't listen to teachers and follow school rules, its hard for parents. They put them in community schools. I should not say too much as I don't really know much.

Bullym0m said:
Okay, um,
where can I find Special Diet foods for my eldest son's ADHD on the website?.. To prevent getting worst behaving during in the school time.

He is almost supsend.. *sigh* My hubby will find it out and talk the prinpical... to see what's up new... He'll nofity me later on the late evening. I will not be here til evening tomorrow.

Diet may or many not have that much of an impact on your son's behavior. It may depend if he's allergic to anything that is causing the problems. Some people recomend elliminating all processed foods and fast foods. Just going with a competely natural diet with minimal preservatives. This is met with mixed results.

I realise you've pretty much dismissed everything I've said on the issue but if your wondering I'm studying to become a developemental pediatrician and have had 14 years experience of working with children with severe disabilities. This includes children with severe ADHD and behavior problems.

BullyMom,

I suggest you re-read Liebling's post..

My son has EBD (emotion behavior disorder) and adhd since he was 3 years old..

I was frustrating with drs and school (formerly).. wanted to put him on medications... I refused till he was 8 years old.. the school gave me last warning that they will pull him out from their school.. so I willing to put him on medications Jan 2003... his health quickly downhill to quiet but blow ups and alot of headaches, and his sights changed to wrosen... he has tried few different medications..

So, I decided to investiage some support groups.. community services to get some help or feedbacks.. at the almost school year.. (April 2003).. they said they wanted to pull him one year back cuz of his *behaviors* but he ace'd almost all classes.. it didnt make sense.. so they "cant" deal with child's behaviors..

So, I decided to stop the medications that same year April.. and worked with him all thru summer with support groups and got him involved with sports, Generations (almost same as Big Brother program).. they took him out once or twice a week to get into some activities..

Also, I changed the food.. I was surprisly that food causes kids' behaviors.. like white bread..and too much carbs.. give the better healthy foods and give juices instead of kool aids or pop or "fake juices"..

Now my son is 9 years old.. he passed EBD programs and Adhd programs.. he "graduated" to go on next level that he is on his own.. he is doing great but have up and downs at *home* or with few friends.. that all..

It's us the parents.. we must show alot of patiences without show expressions anger or frustrating.. it will make them go anxeity..

Last fall, I moved all my kids into different school which have excellent programs very positive.. OMG!!! my whole kids changed and improved impressly.. I drive them to school everyday cuz the bus dont come around this area... I have no choices, i am doing for my kids for their best.

whats more.. older than 10 years old.. and still have trouble with adhd and school or home.. consider about place them in "boot camp" or put them in anger mgmt support groups and adhd support groups.. it helped alot that my son went thru..

****boot camp.. its not a bootcamp.. its more likely cuz its very strict.. that camp our kids went is christain but open to public that he changed his life BIG time last summer.. that they deal with adhd, add and ebd or anything like that.. its great camp!! evenly my son and my daughter asked me to go there again this summer.. (wow!) whats more my younger daughter have see and heard from them and she wanted go this summer too...

Good Luck...

MsGiglz said:
BullyMom,

I was frustrating with drs and school (formerly).. wanted to put him on medications... I refused till he was 8 years old.. the school gave me last warning that they will pull him out from their school.. so I willing to put him on medications Jan 2003... his health quickly downhill to quiet but blow ups and alot of headaches, and his sights changed to wrosen... he has tried few different medications..

So, I decided to investiage some support groups.. community services to get some help or feedbacks.. at the almost school year.. (April 2003).. they said they wanted to pull him one year back cuz of his *behaviors* but he ace'd almost all classes.. it didnt make sense.. so they "cant" deal with child's behaviors..

So, I decided to stop the medications that same year April.. and worked with him all thru summer with support groups and got him involved with sports, Generations (almost same as Big Brother program).. they took him out once or twice a week to get into some activities..

Also, I changed the food.. I was surprisly that food causes kids' behaviors.. like white bread..and too much carbs.. give the better healthy foods and give juices instead of kool aids or pop or "fake juices"..

Now my son is 9 years old.. he passed EBD programs and Adhd programs.. he "graduated" to go on next level that he is on his own.. he is doing great but have up and downs at *home* or with few friends.. that all..

It's us the parents.. we must show alot of patiences without show expressions anger or frustrating.. it will make them go anxeity..

Last fall, I moved all my kids into different school which have excellent programs very positive.. OMG!!! my whole kids changed and improved impressly.. I drive them to school everyday cuz the bus dont come around this area... I have no choices, i am doing for my kids for their best.

whats more.. older than 10 years old.. and still have trouble with adhd and school or home.. consider about place them in "boot camp" or put them in anger mgmt support groups and adhd support groups.. it helped alot that my son went thru..

****boot camp.. its not a bootcamp.. its more likely cuz its very strict.. that camp our kids went is christain but open to public that he changed his life BIG time last summer.. that they deal with adhd, add and ebd or anything like that.. its great camp!! evenly my son and my daughter asked me to go there again this summer.. (wow!) whats more my younger daughter have see and heard from them and she wanted go this summer too...

Good Luck...
EBD and ADHD? Sometimes, medications don't always work when there are two problems. Why? What if you take medicine to help with ADHD, but it causes problems with EBD. What if you take medicine to help with EBD, but it causes problems with ADHD. What if both medicines cause problems cuz they are mixed... and if they are mixed, what if they cause more problems for both?

Yes, you're right about the food and children's every day activity. Why was there not much of this in the past? It's because in the past, children were constantly doing physical work. There was child laber in the past. Kids worked for their parents. Kids did chores around the house. A lot of that was done in the past. Due to current changes, that doesn't happen much any more. The government doesn't allow kids to work. More and more parents (both mom & dad) work so kids can't always stay home and do chores more often. More education is required today than before. (I remember going to high school at 8:30 am and being able to leave at 2:30 pm because I was a senior. Today, seniors have class at 8 am and finish around 3:30 pm.) It's culture and life changes that have cause some of these things to arise. When we get kids involved in sports, it will help some for the physical part. As for the food, the same thing happened in the past. Most food were cooked like the real thing and served naturally. Even the bread was "homemade". Now, breads and foods are processed. Nothing is natural or real. We're now eating "fake" food. Where's our life going? Eek!

MsGiglz said:
BullyMom,

Good Luck...
wow, impressive what you did spoked whole the situation... Thanks for your help tip...
I'll try go over community centre and to see anything can help for my eldest son.
Thank you again... Will giving you update within few days.. how's things go...

Bullym0m said:
wow, impressive what you did spoked whole the situation... Thanks for your help tip...
I'll try go over community centre and to see anything can help for my eldest son.
Thank you again... Will giving you update within few days.. how's things go...

I FORGOT to submit my previous post..

When I decided to stop the medications.. OMG!!! you wouldnt believe what i went through HELL with school social service (formerly).. they threatened and filed lawsuit that "I neglected my child's needs"... I didnt know till that summer of 2003 (last year).. I was really upset.. I am "MOTHER" of my own child, my rights.. but Yes it's true that they can do anything like that because I signed papers.. that they put him on medications through by therapy and counseling.. But thankfully that Generations helped me go through with the accusations.. and waived.. so I didnt go court.. or didnt lose my son.. whew!

So, my suggestions that BEFORE you stop the medications.. or something like that.. Stand up and speak your own words.. and provide some paperworks or informations that you will work with your child (like change foods, community service) to *SHOW* that you are working with your child without their medical needs..

If you are not planning to stop the medications.. if your son isnt doing well again.. my advices.. (**I am not forcing you or twist your arm**)
----try to find a date to have someone watch your kids.. have your husband and you go out eat.. someplace relaxation.. and have good discussions.. (bring paper).. write down Pos and negs...
------discuss and think about moving him to different school..
------discuss to have different therapy or dr for other opinons..
----find out if your health insurance cover for chirpactor (sp?-sry) (*also i forgot to mention this that my son have gone to chirpactor once a week now) it helps to adjust the body, mind, and bones-muscles.. (also, they do sometimes provided vitman pills and give you healthy foods-oraginic & etc)
----- community center like i said..
----- try put him in more sports..

I know costly costly.. but you wouldnt believe that the most programs support adhd, ebd, add children..

I am trying to think some more.. I am exhaust at this moment.. hehe..

One thing, Dont feel bad or feel down because you have child who is difficult.. Honestly, I was depressing that my son is difficult and other my childrent arent like him.. I feel that I am bad mom in somewhat.. but its not true.. once you get involve with support groups (for parents even for children too).. or community centers or stuff like that.. it will take weeks.. and you realized that child changed little bit or big time.. you will realized that you missed the old self .. *because* you went thru so much .. then now alot less.. feel that something is wrong.. but its not.. you broke and make success for the child's best interest and better life.. :) that also make you stronger person.. ****Huggs****

MsGiglz said:
I FORGOT to submit my previous post..

When I decided to stop the medications.. OMG!!! you wouldnt believe what i went through HELL with school social service (formerly).. they threatened and filed lawsuit that "I neglected my child's needs"... I didnt know till that summer of 2003 (last year).. I was really upset.. I am "MOTHER" of my own child, my rights.. but Yes it's true that they can do anything like that because I signed papers.. that they put him on medications through by therapy and counseling.. But thankfully that Generations helped me go through with the accusations.. and waived.. so I didnt go court.. or didnt lose my son.. whew!

So, my suggestions that BEFORE you stop the medications.. or something like that.. Stand up and speak your own words.. and provide some paperworks or informations that you will work with your child (like change foods, community service) to *SHOW* that you are working with your child without their medical needs..

If you are not planning to stop the medications.. if your son isnt doing well again.. my advices.. (**I am not forcing you or twist your arm**)
----try to find a date to have someone watch your kids.. have your husband and you go out eat.. someplace relaxation.. and have good discussions.. (bring paper).. write down Pos and negs...
------discuss and think about moving him to different school..
------discuss to have different therapy or dr for other opinons..
----find out if your health insurance cover for chirpactor (sp?-sry) (*also i forgot to mention this that my son have gone to chirpactor once a week now) it helps to adjust the body, mind, and bones-muscles.. (also, they do sometimes provided vitman pills and give you healthy foods-oraginic & etc)
----- community center like i said..
----- try put him in more sports..

I know costly costly.. but you wouldnt believe that the most programs support adhd, ebd, add children..

I am trying to think some more.. I am exhaust at this moment.. hehe..

One thing, Dont feel bad or feel down because you have child who is difficult.. Honestly, I was depressing that my son is difficult and other my childrent arent like him.. I feel that I am bad mom in somewhat.. but its not true.. once you get involve with support groups (for parents even for children too).. or community centers or stuff like that.. it will take weeks.. and you realized that child changed little bit or big time.. you will realized that you missed the old self .. *because* you went thru so much .. then now alot less.. feel that something is wrong.. but its not.. you broke and make success for the child's best interest and better life.. :) that also make you stronger person.. ****Huggs****
My godness...
I had went ordeal horrible through so many different months under CAS (Agency protection the children) anyway.. went for hell pain the ass.. We decide move another town and different county area.. Pah, New CAS.. found that we are excellent parenting and blah blah.. and asked us why necessary for CAS.. I was told worker, I know pretty duh worker who she is obession problem with us.. *long story* btwn neighbours and worker are extremelly dangerous and trying to destory our family relationship etc etc... In my area CAS is very nice and confirmation close the case.. I still can ask them anything general for help.. I did made a call and ask help because I do not know 100% this town.. She is very happy help me some of tiny things. I was told her, Im on still under researching and to try find right medcation suitable for my son. She seems no offense with me.. No problem as long I'm working hard and best interest for my son's needs.. etc blah blah wha..ever..
I'm truly sorry about this you had hell through pain lot.. so am I same here...

Bullym0m said:
My godness...
I had went ordeal horrible through so many different months under CAS (Agency protection the children) anyway.. went for hell pain the ass.. We decide move another town and different county area.. Pah, New CAS.. found that we are excellent parenting and blah blah.. and asked us why necessary for CAS.. I was told worker, I know pretty duh worker who she is obession problem with us.. *long story* btwn neighbours and worker are extremelly dangerous and trying to destory our family relationship etc etc... In my area CAS is very nice and confirmation close the case.. I still can ask them anything general for help.. I did made a call and ask help because I do not know 100% this town.. She is very happy help me some of tiny things. I was told her, Im on still under researching and to try find right medcation suitable for my son. She seems no offense with me.. No problem as long I'm working hard and best interest for my son's needs.. etc blah blah wha..ever..
I'm truly sorry about this you had hell through pain lot.. so am I same here...

YAY.. I am glad that She is accepting who you are plus your son.. and willing to help!! .. lucky you! :) :)

yeah.. i feel bad that people dont understand who we deal with... even the wrose it pissed me off if they make comments or report.. blah.. but good choices that you all moved other town.. but thats too bad that had to move out.. instead try to work out. but for me in your shoes.. I would move out if the situations are like yours.. :) keep on looking and asking her more info.. so she will be more impressive by your work!

here huggs.. :ily:

Super, MsGiglz

Exactly what I do the same as you, too....

My EX- step kids are going to be diagnosed as ADD because they 'can't' stop swearing and the sorts. They've been on a variety of medications for as long as I can remember because their Mum believes that the kids are sick with something. I just reckon it's due to Hypochondria - worrying that they're sick with something which is false.

Wish I could do something to help, but I've wiped my hands off of them...I want nothing to do with them because all they've done is cause TROUBLE for my husband and myself and we do NOT deserve the type of treatment we get from them.

All I can say is I wish them luck in their future. The doors to us will forever be closed to them, they cannot come crying to us if anything happens. Tough.

Bullym0m said:
Deafdyke and Oddball..
Thank you very much brings your information would be great for me benefits.
Yes please bring info... Deafdyke..

I still working on reasearching....

Fresky Flide, Yes I did and surfed awful lot information but still not enough regluar info about ritalin isn't helpful for my eldest son.

All I want to find RIGHT one medication for him and suitable to eat enegry well. Anything you can bring post it for me.. I'll be very happy research it.

Bring name it..
Thank you very much for your time....
Thanks again.. :)

First of all, i apologize because i did search on the site and they arre really bad information. I will ask others who have same situation as you do. I will see what I can find some infromation. I am so sorry. So far, i ve seen medicines a lot but but therapy. I can't guarette you that i will get back to you but i do feel your pain. Well, I was ruled out that i have adha at age 27 but i dont believe in that. maybe i am in a denial. but i dont see that way..

MsGiglz"s is what i heard about changing food that does effect as well.

hope all is well with you.

Last edited:
No problem Frisky Feline.. Thanks for your time...

btw updated.. My eldest son got brand new counselloring and hopefully might helpful..
I'm in crossing finger all the way and find my heart he'll be happier behave improve!

Bullym0m said:
No problem Frisky Feline.. Thanks for your time...

btw updated.. My eldest son got brand new counselloring and hopefully might helpful..
I'm in crossing finger all the way and find my heart he'll be happier behave improve!

Hi... i was reading everybodys repsonses about adhd situation... nobody ahs come up with the situation about food color.... my son is diagnosed as adhd child... he is 6 yrs old... he was kicked out of daycare before... due to his behavior.. now hes doing ok.. hes on ritlian medication and seeing counselor for a year.. it helps alot.. and also need to change any food diet... no caffeine for him and i cant buy any food that has red 40 (red dye food color) in any food... i had to read every ingredients in any food in the store to make sure it has no red 40... red 40 do hit children with adhd badly... it makes children misbehave terrible... i am not srue if anybody told u about this or not.. but ever since my son stopped eating any food or drinks that has red 40 or any drinks or food that has caffeine.. his behavior improved alot... he was terrible... i am a single mother taking care of him myself.. its not very easy.. hope ur son will do well in counseling.. it should help and change his food diet as well... his counselor said that playing games are good as along it is not violence included... same for the movies... it does impact children if watching violence movies or violence games... etc.. thought want to say this and see what u think...

I don't think anyone mentioned, Concerta is actually a form of ritalin. It's made to last the whole day, you only take it once a day. But that doesn't mean it will act in the same way on your child's system.

I know there's a lot of controversy about kids getting drugs just to keep them under control, and I know there's truth to that. But if a child truly has adhd, it affects their ability to have healthy social relationships, it affects their ability to succeed academically, it can really affect all areas of their life. Quality of life is important.

Concerta is not shown fully of 100% and helps my son. My son will going to specialist doctor and to find it out what's up. What kind specific best medcation for him.

He is extremely out of control and implsive and also figets during on concerta.. seems not helpful. Hopefully find right medcation for him suitable.. He'll be in grade 8 this fall..

I am not parent myself but I DO have a nephew that has ADHD. I remember last summer (2003) was pain in ass..... his mom took him off med, thinks it is for school year only. What happened was when he and his brother coming to my place so we babysit them during weekend, etc.... He would get hyper, act wild, doesn't listen to me when I told him no, stop, and I tried to yell at him, I ended up getting headache so badly. I told all about that to his mom and my mom, I asked her why he was too hyper??? they told me that she took him off meds.. I was like what???? So she learned her lesson not to take him off meds.. after he was back on med, after that he is more calm, cooperative, etc.. he is taking strattra (sp?) as last time I know....

Back