Concern about medication..........

GalaxyAngel

Reaction score
Compares..
Riltain and Concerta..

*sigh* Made me feel fusterate with my eldest son..
He kept behaving .. I looked at medication riltain seems not working for him..
few days later I went to seeing DR and begged about this situation fraigle about my son kept increasing behaving way up high... Ridcouisly...
DR gave me brand new "Concerta" I read the website.. *hmmmm* In my thought (let's say why not hope will works for my precouisly son). Of course, I do giving him daily medication but seems his behaving get worst.. (mumbling)
Should I go DR again.. What makes DR loved $$$$ our expense or what?

:sigh:~ :cry:

Really turns me fusterate more more... He kept behaving nuts in my home and school. I was discuss with my husband, and thinks he loves to attention or high demanding all what he really wants... *mumbling* My eldest son is A.D.H.D since when he was 4 yrs old until now 12 yrs old almost 13 yrs old on June. Makes me worried about his age due addiction medication or what.

Need your opition or have you experience your child who have A.D.D or A.D.H.D wha..ever.. bring post it here please..
Thanks for your time.......
:thumb: love to hear your feeds back.
Thanks again...

Last edited:
Do you mean that your son is a hyper?

If yes, I would like to give you more tip...

Liebling:-))) said:
Do you mean that your son is a hyper?

If yes, I would like to give you more tip...
Hyperactiving, Stinks Behaving, Swearing more.. and much more..
Yes.. he doesn't like sit and longer.. likes to errands.. espically He likes to watch rental movies and can sit longer.. (werid he is)

Bullym0m said:
Compares..
Riltain and Concerta..

*sigh* Made me feel fusterate with my eldest son..
He kept behaving .. I looked at medication riltain seems not working for him..
few days later I went to seeing DR and begged about this situation fraigle about my son kept increasing behaving way up high... Ridcouisly...
DR gave me brand new "Concerta" I read the website.. *hmmmm* In my thought (let's say why not hope will works for my precouisly son). Of course, I do giving him daily medication but seems his behaving get worst.. (mumbling)
Should I go DR again.. What makes DR loved $$$$ our expense or what?

:sigh:~ :cry:

Really turns me fusterate more more... He kept behaving nuts in my home and school. I was discuss with my husband, and thinks he loves to attention or high demanding all what he really wants... *mumbling* My eldest son is A.D.H.D since when he was 4 yrs old until now 12 yrs old almost 13 yrs old on June. Makes me worried about his age due addiction medication or what.

Need your opition or have you experience your child who have A.D.D or A.D.H.D wha..ever.. bring post it here please..
Thanks for your time.......
:thumb: love to hear your feeds back.
Thanks again...

I feel ya !!! ... Know what ... I know i should post about kids' A.D.D. OR A.D.H.D. BUT it is really about me .... funny thing that I just discover back in 1996 that I just learn that I do have A.D.D. SO I decide call my mom about it ... my mom said yes i have one of more syberomes (sp?) i said WHHHAAATT ???? why am i not on mediene over the years ?? and there is more symomores (sp?) ?? tell me these lists ... She refused to tell me more lists ... It make me so pissed off and i still have no clues what more on me... I was so shock about theses... otherwise i turn out pretty well without the mediences that make me so puzzled how did i manage it without these mediences.... hmmm.... My mom said that She think i will be all right without depend on these mediences ... I kinda of disagree with her otherwise i am the living proof that i am doing all right without these mediecnes .. I asked her how can she being patience with me over the years ???????? but i took step back and look back and realized that She almost never been home during night times which she have been at work most of times during youth times and i was left home most of times and i manage to get round on my own... so That's explain she has been avoid the problem to face with me... althrough, I still love my mom no matter what ... cuz she still keep me under the roof and provide me allot of foods which is good .. better than give me away or no foods under the roofs know what i mean ?

Bullym0m said:
Hyperactiving, Stinks Behaving, Swearing more.. and much more..
Yes.. he doesn't like sit and longer.. likes to errands.. espically He likes to watch rental movies and can sit longer.. (werid he is)

Actually it isn't weird !! It really cure somehow ..... I did watch tv or vhs before DVD come out of the techology ... It really help me allot to be calm down and watch and more relax and more interest than anything else ... well... U might disagree with me or not ... i consider VHS is somewhat cure medience for me ..

Good, I´ll reply on your thread later....

Don´t give your son any medicine.... I know from those experience with my eldest son...
He improve it much better than before....
I will give you the list of tip how to handle hyper child...

Last edited:
Actually He loves to play video games on T.V. he likes it and outgoing too..
All I was hoping he behave okay but still hyperactive.. He is only 12 yrs old.. In my mind, Please can I have rest ??? Only my time is best rest day time.. when he is here.. driving me nuts and crawl up nerves.. (sigh) depend on his behave was good.. I felt good and make sure he is well behave. IF he is on stink behaving.. I'll kept eye on him and to make sure he not get anything silly or stupid... something like that.. When we are at friend's place.. he really ridcouisly and fooling around moonie front of my friends.. I felt like *geez* really wanted whop his butt but can't.. due by laws under Ontario,Canada not allowed whop the butt.. Stupid law.. I was kind fusterate and grasp feeling.. turns me into heat.. ( I must calm down and postive talk to him.. i was told him moonie isn't proprite behaving) He says.. NODDING.. seems not listen me at all.. I know he loves me very awful lot 100% but his behave.. I was told him. I wish bring mirror and show him how much he really stinks behave. He knows and admit he tried his best behave but cannot help.. He did admit me.. (sigh) Pretty tough ones!

Bullym0m said:
Actually He loves to play video games on T.V. he likes it and outgoing too..
All I was hoping he behave okay but still hyperactive.. He is only 12 yrs old.. In my mind, Please can I have rest ??? Only my time is best rest day time.. when he is here.. driving me nuts and crawl up nerves.. (sigh) depend on his behave was good.. I felt good and make sure he is well behave. IF he is on stink behaving.. I'll kept eye on him and to make sure he not get anything silly or stupid... something like that.. When we are at friend's place.. he really ridcouisly and fooling around moonie front of my friends.. I felt like *geez* really wanted whop his butt but can't.. due by laws under Ontario,Canada not allowed whop the butt.. Stupid law.. I was kind fusterate and grasp feeling.. turns me into heat.. ( I must calm down and postive talk to him.. i was told him moonie isn't proprite behaving) He says.. NODDING.. seems not listen me at all.. I know he loves me very awful lot 100% but his behave.. I was told him. I wish bring mirror and show him how much he really stinks behave. He knows and admit he tried his best behave but cannot help.. He did admit me.. (sigh) Pretty tough ones!

I feel ur son's !!! let me spare experience with u about these behave like that .... The reasons why it has been occurs like that because he might want to be out of crowd or round the people they just simple like to be home and peaceful and get ur attentions of loves than having u talk to ur friends that what it make kids angry and want u to play along with them ... Thats how I did like that ... Yes sometimes it is funny sometimes it isn't funny ... it make them think it is fun to do and love to have the attention all they want to drag ur azz away to focus on them ... I know it shouldn't happen like that but deal with it argghh ... way back in my youth times I always disappear from the crowd and make everybody come and look for me many times !!! even few times they did call cops to help them to find me ... it make my mom reallyyy MMMMAAAAADDDDDDDDDD !!!! once they found me and asked me why am i doing that ??? I said cuz no one talk to me ... they said u have the cousins or friends to play with ... I always said they are borinnnnggg because they are same faces !!!! i rather to be with new friends or faces ... that make me more interest in ... but I am sure everybody of ADD pr ADHD have different opinions or reaction to theses situations ...

I didn't read all the replies but if the new medication, concerta, is not working and in fact making his behavior worse then definitly go back to the doctor and tell him. This is not that uncommon.

Technically concerta is the samething as ritalin but longer lasting andthe delivery mechanism is much different than any other drug. The outside of the concerta is the drug and it disolves slowly then inside is a little capsule with more medicine inside so that after the outiside has disolved the inside then can be released. This is why it lasts so long.

There are MANY ADD/ADHD drugs out there. Adderall is a popular one that comes in a form that lasts 6 hours and another form that lasts about 10 hours. Strattera is a very new medication but it takes a month before it starts to work and can have alot of side effects in that month. You have to take it at bed time to minimise on the effects. But Strattera works 24 hours a day. Ritalin also has a long acting form that's not concerta.

It is hardly uncommon to hear of patients having to try many new medications when they reach your son's age because hormones are changing everything inside him. You have to fiddle around with the dose and medication to keep up with your son's growing up.

I hope this information was useful.

Adderall is simlair like ritialin.. (No Thanks)
Strattera is sound good.. I'll keep researching it and re-try ask my DR again and to see if suitable for my eldest son.
One major thing..
Side Effects — Children and Adolescents
Most children in clinical trials who experienced side effects were not bothered enough to stop taking Strattera. The most common side effects were upset stomach, decreased appetite, nausea or vomiting, dizziness, tiredness, and mood swings.
In short-term clinical trials with children and adolescents, a modest decrease in appetite was the most common side effect. Some children may experience a loss of weight when starting treatment with Strattera. As with all ADHD medications, growth should be monitored during treatment. Strattera has not been tested in children under 6 years of age.

I do not approve about this Strattera because he used to be neglect his lunch all the time since when he was 4 yrs old until 12 yrs old.. I had enuff with this.. All I want see him eat enough as well in during the lunch time. His weight is 91 pound not enough.. He is shorty and med-slim. *Wait and see find it out with DR how's dealt with this situation compares from Concerta and Strattera. Concerta is well for my son, he got increased eating much better but... behaves isn't work well.. *sigh* that major problem.
My experience seeing when my son was neglect his lunch hours using by Riltian methylphenidate from 4 yrs old to 12 yrs old.. ENUFF!

In my mouth quite too many answers all and trying to figure which the best interest for my eldest son.
Today He got a home lunch from school which speaking of his behave isn't well.. I had to take him home for lunch until he calm down and when ready his behave okay.. I'll take him back school after the lunch. (sigh) That made me fusterate..
In my heart felt isn't ready for hunting a job.. due my eldest son's school might phone calls and have problematic behave.. *might leaving my job early* can be lead into fire me because of him.. I do not want that way.. I'd rather stay home until when medication is success and become better then better as well... I'll be very happy to hunting job..

Last edited:
The appitite supression with strattera isn't as bad as the other stimulant medications. Wellbutrin is another non stimulant option.

Actually Adderall a bit different than ritalin in that it is a mixture of amphetamine salts. It's less like ritalin than concerta is.

The side effects can with strattera can be really bad with the nausia and headaches for the first month. So bad you will just want to stop it. I know people who didn't and now love it with no side effects, but I also know people who said it wasn't worth it for a month.

I rejected all of medications, also including Ritalin, too because it could be addit on pill... & change children´s hormone.... No thanks to any medications... What I deal with my son WITHOUT medications... it works.

I started noticed something wrong with his behavior when he was 3 years old, so I went to doctor for the check but the doctor said it´s normal but I had the feeling, it´s not normal.
His condition goes worst when he was 6 years old at his first school like what you stated.
Can´t be patience longer
Can´t sit longer
quickley temper
no respect
Aggressive
play the chair/make noise etc.
chaos
Wild

The doctor confirmed that it´s hyperactive what I suspected an earlier so he send him to therapy to train to improve his behavior..... I accompanlied him to there for over 2 years. I received alot of tips there to improve my son´s behavior.

1. You can give him any candies, cokes, lollies, any sweets..... until 2pm, then from 2pm no more sweets, eg....
Any sweets make the children more wild & sleep problems, that's why the children need calm down from 2pm...

2. If you put your son in bedtime at 8 pm, it means that his LAST watch TV or play the computer game is 7.00 pm.
He need 1 hour break from TV or computer to calm his emotion down is play the game with them something like that hide or run & catch for the fun.... throw each other with old pillows. You can look spare room for play.... We often throw each other with pillow for the fun which it´s good for get out of aggressive, wild etc.

3. Go sport to get aggressive out of his chest which it´s good for them.

4. More patience with him.

5. More time & give him more attention & love.

It´s very hard to turn TV or computer off because my sons used to watch till 8pm but I stay hard & listen therapy´s tip. It took a week to get over then he used it now. I recorded his favorite movies for him (video) then he can watch it on next day.

I know most children at puberty time between 12 and 15 years old, then again from 18 to 21 years old. I know it´s not very easy to bring the child like this up.

My son Danny improve his behavior now & more better than before.... He respect me more & more than before... He´s interesting to learn English well. He´s the best English in the class... I´m proud to say this ... He´s very calm down now.

I would recommend you to go therapy to control his behavior then they can tell you how to deal with him & give you some tips.

Yes, the German law is the same as your country - smack is not allowed etc. Very hard, I know.

I hope my tips would be help you but you need to be patience then it will take you ages to get over.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Megalofyia said:
The appitite supression with strattera isn't as bad as the other stimulant medications. Wellbutrin is another non stimulant option.

Actually Adderall a bit different than ritalin in that it is a mixture of amphetamine salts. It's less like ritalin than concerta is.

The side effects can with strattera can be really bad with the nausia and headaches for the first month. So bad you will just want to stop it. I know people who didn't and now love it with no side effects, but I also know people who said it wasn't worth it for a month.
Wellbutrin is suitable for depression/adolescents people can taking.
Isn't suitable for my son.. Nope.. Sorry..
I'll keep contuines researching it.. Thanks for your tip helpful.. anything more ideas.. I'll be very happy more researching your tip..

Bullym0m said:
Wellbutrin is suitable for depression/adolescents people can taking.
Isn't suitable for my son.. Nope.. Sorry..
I'll keep contuines researching it.. Thanks for your tip helpful.. anything more ideas.. I'll be very happy more researching your tip..

Wellbutrin is also used for ADD. It has a stimulant effect on the brain. I'm VERY familiar with the medications used for attention deficit and their side effects and mechanism. It's what I do every day. :)

Bullymom, have you surf on the site about ADHA. there are lots of informations. I assume you already know. ;) I have no experience with adha since My kids are too small.

Bullymom, maybe a good idea would be to see if your son may have an ADD like condition. I think definitly ADD exists (it's been linked to a bunch of genetic syndromes) but on the other hand, it's too much of a catch-all dx, and most doctors aren't fully investigating the possibilty that it could be something else besides ADD. If medications aren't working, try alternative theories...I've read that ADD may be due to being sensitive to additives and preservatives in food and many people have found sucess with special diets. I'm very busy right now, but I'll try to dig up some information on alternative ways to treat ADD if you're interested.

ADD is very common among children. It's their way of getting attention. There have been theories of doctors getting carried away with assuming that specific children have ADD or ADHD. They take it too seriously and provide prescription for children that don't really need it. I had ADD when I was young and was only on ritalin for under 6 months. Try talking to the doctor and see if he can come up with a better prescription cuz he's costing you money on prescriptions that don't work.

I was diagnosed with mild/moderate case of ADHD, I was given Effexor twice (different dosage). I hated it so much because it did not help me at all. It made me sick, chills, upset stomach, and even sexual drive goes south!! I quit it immediately despite my therapist suggested me to continue. Fuck that.

I got information from someone..I don't know if you have tried it yet. I have not yet either..I thought it is a helpful suggestion. Liebling :))) is right about behavioral modifications. It is the most significant key to change the kids' behavior dramatically, but it takes some time. I am glad that my parents discplined me as a youngster, so I was not too wild and hyperactive later on.

Those websites are helpful and informational:

http://addhelpsite.com/becalmd.htm
www.chadd.org

Deafdyke and Oddball..
Thank you very much brings your information would be great for me benefits.
Yes please bring info... Deafdyke..

I still working on reasearching....

Fresky Flide, Yes I did and surfed awful lot information but still not enough regluar info about ritalin isn't helpful for my eldest son.

All I want to find RIGHT one medication for him and suitable to eat enegry well. Anything you can bring post it for me.. I'll be very happy research it.

Bring name it..
Thank you very much for your time....
Thanks again.. :)

I had changed & correct bit on my topic... (Number 1.)... Please re-read them. Thank you :fly3:

Back