Colorism: An ignored aspect of racism.

neccessarily, the 'cause' of the reversal is different, and also it is patterned out not as a direct reversal as the notion might suggest, it is a double-cross of sort but indeed, in reductionist's term if you will, it is the way it attacks individual on the basis of another race, in this case, white. or lighter skinned people. Reversal can occur in a way that it is a 'priviledge' to received while those in SAME economic or dire situation do not receive because they are white., in the 'system' which are so-called a white's system, but it favours the others other than themselves. quite bizzare if you ask anyone. ...and i have seen this numerous time, first hand, and second hand experiences from other people recounting what they witness in the local welfare offices in town.

That's not reverse racism. Racism is racism, but what you described is not racist. That's unintended discrimination. There's no affirmative action policies that are designed to punish white people based on their skin tone.

and, i know that word oxymoron, im not a smart idiot thank you very much.

If I say something is an oxymoron, that is not me calling you a smart idiot. So perhaps you do not know that word well enough.

If I say something is an oxymoron, that is not me calling you a smart idiot. So perhaps you do not know that word well enough.

oh i apologise, yes you said thing as a oxymoron, as a a descriptive towards a situation not a person (me) i get it, just another way of using the word

forgive me

but hmmm, still its could be coined as reverse racism, im sure it could, nothing is ever establshed to be the same forever, all matter of arguments and theses be written and endoresed, it goes for anything

oh i apologise, yes you said thing as a oxymoron, as a a descriptive towards a situation not a person (me) i get it, just another way of using the word

forgive me

but hmmm, still its could be coined as reverse racism, im sure it could, nothing is ever establshed to be the same forever, all matter of arguments and theses be written and endoresed, it goes for anything

The term 'reverse racism' was coined by white males who didn't like affirmative action. :)

so was it coined already? and who said, in welfare offices, its always black women working there doing the dirty deeds to say 'sorry we cant give you that', then a black person comes along, 'oh yes we can help you with that, come to my office'

sorry, i dont think its white males...you see policies, are 'left to interpretation' by the front-line staffs... its more than 'policy', people know full well of loopholes and preferences, have you ever been in the welfare office waiting? for checks food stamps any of that experience at all, not likely

so was it coined already? and who said, in welfare offices, its always black women working there doing the dirty deeds to say 'sorry we cant give you that', then a black person comes along, 'oh yes we can help you with that, come to my office'

sorry, i dont think its white males...you see policies, are 'left to interpretation' by the front-line staffs... its more than 'policy', people know full well of loopholes and preferences, have you ever been in the welfare office waiting? for checks food stamps any of that experience at all, not likely

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. No, I have never been in a welfare office waiting. But no, it would not make sense that black welfare staff would not give white women benefits. It's a matter of income, not race. I'm sorry. I don't know what you are talking about.

eta: I'm not sure I know a black person that works at the welfare intake office, to be honest. All I know are Hispanic or white.

its much more complex than this, as you should see, real life experience does and can and do count for more than textbook literatures which are written by those floating about in the ivory tower, writing ideas which are often remotely distinguishable from the chaotic bustlings of the town filled with common people doing everyday things and encountering everyday hazards

you mean white-blacks like Vanessa Williams or Halle Berry? oh wait that would be reverse racism but to delude black people are treat 'alright' in Hollywood...Denzal Washington is a prick so rich because he preyed on the black population for popularity and hence riches came to him so much easier than the more-common white actors..

Grummer, I can't believe you wrote that. You really think Denzel "preyed" on the black population to gain popularity? Where are you getting this from?

Grummer, I can't believe you wrote that. You really think Denzel "preyed" on the black population to gain popularity? Where are you getting this from?

well he's one of the richest actors in hollywood, and i mean like it was 'deliberately' put it this way, hollywood bigwigs (we dont know all of them except maybe george lucas(<he fought hollywood to make his own due to SFX and funds issues), ford coppola, etc) i mean they put denzel to the limelightiny knowingly he'd get big time, and it also meant guaranteened hollywood's profit, too you see america has a lot less proportion of whites in thie country now than in the past, mexicans, hispanics, jews, negroes from abroad, carribeanians, etc etc italians, irish (they have more irish in NY than in Ireland itself!!) the population, demographic characteristic had me wondering, so I said ''preyed" if not him, then its the hollywood producers...sorry my bad...i was lazy to write short and well, its too long to explain...you have to have had film studies in the background to understand really where im coming from..(did a diploma in media studies grad level)

id find a page(s) and book , to which id need to go to uni to seek it out, refresh where i read about racism and hollywood..(yes it was in there!)and id photocopy it, no wait, id scan it and up load it here
to show you

Didn't George Lucas became famous because of the work of John Williams?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

well he's one of the richest actors in hollywood, and i mean like it was 'deliberately' put it this way, hollywood bigwigs (we dont know all of them except maybe george lucas(<he fought hollywood to make his own due to SFX and funds issues), ford coppola, etc) i mean they put denzel to the limelightiny knowingly he'd get big time, and it also meant guaranteened hollywood's profit, too you see america has a lot less proportion of whites in thie country now than in the past, mexicans, hispanics, jews, negroes from abroad, carribeanians, etc etc italians, irish (they have more irish in NY than in Ireland itself!!) the population, demographic characteristic had me wondering, so I said ''preyed" if not him, then its the hollywood producers...sorry my bad...i was lazy to write short and well, its too long to explain...you have to have had film studies in the background to understand really where im coming from..(did a diploma in media studies grad level)

So you're saying that Denzel is a token black actor exploited by Hollywood?

but, its not that simple, the roles has changed, not much as 'token' in its entirety but like the success rates, and the amount audience this actor enjoys in returns, Eddie Murphy was an interesting one, he mocked the whites On screen, and that was the 'starting' of the new phase, right after Richard pryor...hollywood's model of tokenism, or rather the academics' view doesnt stay the same, it has to adapt. we ought to look hwo denialls has changed also, and also like, Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, Denzel Washington was argued to be selected due to the facial, and body profile that is close to the white's idealism of 'body beautiful' , ever noticed his perfectly straight white teeths?, strange i know but that's hollywood...

I think there's a lot more tokenism going on than people realize

the mirage is very important in Hollywood...and many other places-

Grummer's true racism shows. Okay, well, I don't know what to tell you. This is America. We be of all colors up in here and you're going to have to get used to it.

, ever noticed his perfectly straight white teeths?, strange i know but that's hollywood...

Straight white teeth is loved everywhere. If you go to an African country, you'll find plenty of straight white teeth. British...maaaaybe not so much. ;)

Grummer's true racism shows. Okay, well, I don't know what to tell you. This is America. We be of all colors up in here and you're going to have to get used to it.

you dont know what you're talking about, OFC its Bloody american - the land of fake dreams duh

Denzel Washington is a rich actor because's he a damn good actor who is in high demand, regardless of his race.

Back