Change of moderation guidelines, recent member events

Righto.....what's the topic? Setting up a Neighborhood Watch? :D

Won't work...somebody will eventually get accused of being a racist or something....and then you have a riot on your hands demanding the person in question get jail time...and...and...sayyyy, doesn't that sound familiar?
:hmm:

can you guys speed up your investigations?
I know you guys were working on the ephebophile case and all that. It took 11 days.

For the most part, most investigations are immediately started when there is a problem noticed. It does not take very long.

The real deal is it takes time to gather input from multiple moderators if it's a situation where one moderator doesn't want to make a mistaken banning, if the member hasn't done anything wrong on the new account. When they are realized to be a second account, the later part is when we ask Alex if he feels x member should be welcomed back.

So that member is watched to see if they've changed their ways; like watching inmates in rehabilitation after they've been released.

If they've been determined by the moderators and Alex that they haven't changed their old ways, they get banned again. I guess you could say most of the wait is to see if they've changed, and if they are worth giving another chance on AD.

One question, tho, what about when a member accuses another member indirectly on being a racist, a*dist, etc..., especially when done repeatedly?

The "Trolling" and "Member & Group Callouts" section should apply. Freedom of speech is generally allowed on AD unless it's determined the post generates negative publicity on both ends, and that is when the staff take action if they notice it. We feel all members should be given an equal opportunity to defend themselves, unless it's being done in destructive or counterproductive methods.

Ok, I have to ask this question: In the past, (and occasionally now) it appear(s) to me that certain members of "high status standing" such as 'premium member' standing were getting away with being total jerks. Personal attacks, name calling, etc, seemed to be tolerated with these members more so than the newer members.

Perfect example would be in the "wrestling with angels" thread.

Are these members given more leeway to speak their minds and get away with murder?

members paid to be a premium member. so what do you expect?

Can you elaborate more?

Are you saying that "Premium Members" should be able to "get away with murder" because they made a donation? To be clear, I wasn't referencing literally "getting away with murder", but what green427 described...

The "Trolling" and "Member & Group Callouts" section should apply. Freedom of speech is generally allowed on AD unless it's determined the post generates negative publicity on both ends, and that is when the staff take action if they notice it. We feel all members should be given an equal opportunity to defend themselves, unless it's being done in destructive or counterproductive methods.

Thanks for making it clear on that part.

Waterboy and PJ's Mom were recently removed from AD for violating rules.
Upon reviewing the information gathered on both accounts, it was determined by staff they were no longer welcome on AD.

If Waterboy/PJ's Mom wishes to contest their ban status, they need to contact Alex directly.

Has it been determined that these were formerly banned members?

Tip=toeing thru the Tulips....seriously, the rules & regulations sound fine to me. It's not too much of an effort to be nice to the members, and disagree at the same time. Hope to be here until I kick the bucket.

Can you elaborate more?

Are you saying that "Premium Members" should be able to "get away with murder" because they made a donation? To be clear, I wasn't referencing literally "getting away with murder", but what green427 described...

Ok. :)

Ok, I have to ask this question: In the past, (and occasionally now) it appear(s) to me that certain members of "high status standing" such as 'premium member' standing were getting away with being total jerks. Personal attacks, name calling, etc, seemed to be tolerated with these members more so than the newer members.

Are these members given more leeway to speak their minds and get away with murder?

well I'm sure that's why this thread was created. a stern warning to all of us.

Naisho, do "Premium members" get special considerations or more leeway when it comes to following the rules of AD?

Naisho, do "Premium members" get special considerations or more leeway when it comes to following the rules of AD?

You didn't ask me...but I'll respond with my opinion....with the new rules and such, I would say "No."....Remembering when some members would be banned time and time again...insulting other members, but allowed to come back, as it seemed they were here a long time and considered somewhat as a "top banana".:roll:

I asked a similar question above:

green427 said:

So far I got the following replies:

Frisky Feline: members paid to be a premium member. so what do you expect?

Which implies that FF (most likely) believes that premium members have the right to be dickheads AND get away with it...

But, Jiro's reply above makes the most sense.

I am assuming the answer is "no" and the moderators will answer the questions soon.

Which is why I am asking, I don't want to assume and that only a moderator can answer...not the members themselves.

Back