CC on an LCD or plasma TV

Ice

Reaction score
ok right now i have an old TV that i bought in 1998. It is a 32" sharp TV. I am considering buying an LCD or plasma TV like 37-42" but here are my questions. If I go with a bigger TV is the CC bigger as well? i have a slight vision problem and would like to have the text bigger than it is right now. Also when im watching TV and theres a shitload of text at times i have to pause the DVR and catch up, and doing that fucks up the text of the next few secs, either i get jumbled nothing or it just doesnt display a thing. would the new TV fix that or is it a DVR problem.

ok right now i have an old TV that i bought in 1998. It is a 32" sharp TV. I am considering buying an LCD or plasma TV like 37-42" but here are my questions. If I go with a bigger TV is the CC bigger as well? i have a slight vision problem and would like to have the text bigger than it is right now. Also when im watching TV and theres a shitload of text at times i have to pause the DVR and catch up, and doing that fucks up the text of the next few secs, either i get jumbled nothing or it just doesnt display a thing. would the new TV fix that or is it a DVR problem.

Captions are made to take up a specific percentage of the screen, so the bigger the screen, the bigger the captions, generally.

On my DirecTV HD-DVR, you can choose caption size--small, medium, or large. If you get an HD-DVR, the captioning comes from the DVR, not the TV, so that's why I mention it.

I have 55' tv floor with about under 3 inch CC Text... and I didnt know that Its not good with Game box alike Playstation or ex games etc.. :(

Good luck find a right tv for you ;):)

Go for LCD

Why?: LCD because LCD technology is not capable of burning in on screen leaving permanent scarring or marks on screen. Plasma does burn in on screen if picture, shapes or any kinds being frozen on screen for extended period of time. Black Captioning window is on of them.

So get a LCD. We have two LCD TVs at home and its beautiful viewing in HDTV format

some great advice ppl thanks! ill look around u know what ticks me off i go into a store like best buy and ask them can they show me how the captions work, no one has a clue how to do it, and the channels they have u know the infomericals and whatever, they apparently are not captioned anyway

some great advice ppl thanks! ill look around u know what ticks me off i go into a store like best buy and ask them can they show me how the captions work, no one has a clue how to do it, and the channels they have u know the infomericals and whatever, they apparently are not captioned anyway

Ask the sales person to connect antenna to TV to test CC from local stations. The store should have indoor antenna. Many local stations provide CC.

If you found a TV you like, go to the TV's web site and download the manual. Read the manual to find out how to use CC (digital or analog).

th guy turned on the captions for a LC TV

question tho, see we have a plasma TV in this house, well i was playing with it, it has the exact same dvr/cable box hooked to it, so how come the captions look different if it comes from the cable box and not the TV?

Philips - 42" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - 42PFL5332D/37

i think im gunna buy this

Back