Calamari

IslandGal

Reaction score
Have any of you eaten calamari (fried squid)? Did you like it or not?

One night I went out to eat at a restaurant with some friends. One of my friends ordered calamari and he offered me some so I ate it. I said it tasted good and then asked him what it was. When he said "calamari", my eyes opened wide. I said eeeewwww and grabbed my glass of water to drink. He smiled at me and said "but you said it was good, didn't you?" I gulped and nodded. Even though I thought it was good but I don't know if I want to eat it again because I can't bear the thought of a squid going down into my throat, LOL.

I've always wondered why some people won't eat a food that they even acknowledge tastes good, simply based on what it is?

I LOVE calamari and octopus. My mom and I deep-fry it and serve it with dipping sauces. Its wonderful!

neecy said:
I've always wondered why some people won't eat a food that they even acknowledge tastes good, simply based on what it is?

I LOVE calamari and octopus. My mom and I deep-fry it and serve it with dipping sauces. Its wonderful!

Not everyone has a strong stomach to stand the thought of what they eat ;)

I LOVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE it... Yes, I know it comes from squid or octopus... I know it sounds ugly but taste super...

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/qralston/sd2003/images/10-28-04-calamari.jpg

We eat it alot to match garlic sauce and french bread.. .mmmmmhhhhhhh but I bake calamari in the oven instead of fried them.

I eat fried calamari at work but I prefer baked calmari...

I've had it a few times but I don't really like it.

ButterflyGirl said:
Have any of you eaten calamari (fried squid)? Did you like it or not?

One night I went out to eat at a restaurant with some friends. One of my friends ordered calamari and he offered me some so I ate it. I said it tasted good and then asked him what it was. When he said "calamari", my eyes opened wide. I said eeeewwww and grabbed my glass of water to drink. He smiled at me and said "but you said it was good, didn't you?" I gulped and nodded. Even though I thought it was good but I don't know if I want to eat it again because I can't bear the thought of a squid going down into my throat, LOL.

:rofl: You sure made me laugh, I can picture you doing that as well too, heh

Liebling:-))) said:
I LOVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE it... Yes, I know it comes from squid or octopus... I know it sounds ugly but taste super...

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/qralston/sd2003/images/10-28-04-calamari.jpg

We eat it alot to match garlic sauce and french bread.. .mmmmmhhhhhhh but I bake calamari in the oven instead of fried them.

I eat fried calamari at work but I prefer baked calmari...
When I looked at the picture in the link I went ewwwww lol. The one that I ate didn't look like that in the picture. It was more of a smaller piece and round without the legs.

DeafMonkey said:
I check Liebling's link and look eww once I eat and dont like it :lol:
:rofl: I know how you feel but you never know you will like it if you taste it.

ButterflyGirl said:
Not everyone has a strong stomach to stand the thought of what they eat

:werd: How true! :lol: From time to time...for instance, if there was something I enjoy eating and it's an unusual food item or the weird combination of food items, most people will immediately say things like: "Yuckkkkk", "Ewwwww" and stick out their tongues, etc., and my response to them is usually this: "Welllll, you can't say you don't like it if you haven't tried it, it's all being a 'mental' thing, not having the stomach for such thoughts ramblin' thru the mind--there's a few ocassions that they will succumb to having a 'taster', testing a small bite and a few times they'll like it or don't.

:whistle: It's just a 'mental' thing that gets most people from eating more of the variety of foods...although, I have never tried calamari yet, but if I was offerred it, I'll try it. ;)

ButterflyGirl said:
LOL :lol:
Have you tried eating calamari before?

No I haven't because I don't even know what that is... :dunno:

when i saw this post it reminded me how stupid kellie pickler was when she asked ryan what calamari is......what a :asshole:
(american idol) :giggle:

by the way i dont like calamari its GROSS! :barf:

^Angel^ said:
No I haven't because I don't even know what that is... :dunno:
to be honest i think its gross but you may love it... :) depends on what food you like--- it's fried squid...........

Back