Buzzing sound when I plug in my personal audio cable into plugged in laptop.

darkbunny101

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone one has the same issue; when you plug in your personal audio cable into your charging laptop you experience a fair share of interference (buzzing sounds, etc.). It is interesting to note that I do not have this issues when my laptop is not charging or if I use over the ear headphones as opposed to my personal audio cable.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

It's a frequency issue. I get the same thing with one certain TV in the house (because of it's frequency) but with no other TVs. Not sure how to tell you to fix it. It annoys me so greatly that I have to turn one off (the analog one) to stop it. The digital one doesn't have an issue with it. (I'm talking about HAs here).

It's line interference. Sometimes plugging the laptop power cord into a surge protector with a power conditioner will help.

Are you using the correct personal audio cable? There are 2 different cables, one for devices such as an ipod or mp3 player that use batterys and not plugged directly into a power outlet. The other is to be used for devices such as a laptop or tv that are plugged into an electrical outlet that have a in line surge protector built into the cable itself(a small box in the cord of the CI cable).

Mine will buzz if I leave the upper button on in telecoil mode.

that sucks! when I have my 2nd hearing aid on, the T-coil mode will buzz (hate that, glad I got better aids for me)

I get this with the audio cable too. I notice that I get the buzzing noise if I dont have any sound playing. It immediately stops once I play some sort sound or music.

I get this with the audio cable too. I notice that I get the buzzing noise if I dont have any sound playing. It immediately stops once I play some sort sound or music.

Yeah, same, it just gets particularity bothersome if there is a slight rest in the song!

Are you using the correct personal audio cable? There are 2 different cables, one for devices such as an ipod or mp3 player that use batterys and not plugged directly into a power outlet. The other is to be used for devices such as a laptop or tv that are plugged into an electrical outlet that have a in line surge protector built into the cable itself(a small box in the cord of the CI cable).

That is interesting, I'll research that.

Thank you!

i can pick up an AM radio station by partially connecting my direct audio cable from the TV to the CI. It is interesting lol. QR77, at first I thought I was going crazy but after streaming the radio online and hearing them mention the radio station's name I put it together.

Static is annoying, I use direct input daily a lot. I had my audi adjust something that seemed to make it much better, I will try to find out what it was.

Back