Buying rape insurance in Michigan

Try again. If still not working, try a different browser.

Or she can try to Google ' Buying rape insurance in Michigan' I did this and found some links that worked .

incorrect. it's the voters who want it.

I bet there where a lot of voters that voted for it and did not understand the law. This happen in California when taxpayers voted for proposition 2 1/2.
People where shocked to see the public library hours where cut back . They did not stop to think their taxes help keep the library and fire department open . Voters can be ticked into voting for law. That happen in my state , Ma. when the state wanted to pass the seatbelt law. It was promise our auto insurance rate would go down if the voters pass the law . The law mass voted for and our rated never when down.

Those people who signed the petition are fools and liars.

A woman pays for a health insurance that will cover abortions and when she wants an abortion, her insurance will pay for it. It has nothing to do with taxes.

The proposed law will be repealed.

Looked at the link and the comments below. One person made a good point:

" Shouldn't men be required to buy insurance that would cover a women's healthcare costs in the event the man committed rape? "

Incorrect, only 5% of michigans population signed the petition that came before this proposed law

uh... you've just basically proved my point...

and... why am I not surprised about this?
It all comes down to the state legislature. A body that comprised of 81% men voting on the health and welfare of the 5 million women.

It's not "the voters" it's a tiny tiny portion of the voters, and most of the politicians there signed the stupid petition. So actually a MUCH higher percentage of the politicians are for it than the percentage of the actual voters.

And I know, I already addressed that in my first post. :/

Looked at the link and the comments below. One person made a good point:

" Shouldn't men be required to buy insurance that would cover a women's healthcare costs in the event the man committed rape? "

I said in post #15 the rapists should get pay to have vasectomy .

It's not "the voters" it's a tiny tiny portion of the voters, and most of the politicians there signed the stupid petition. So actually a MUCH higher percentage of the politicians are for it than the percentage of the actual voters.

And I know, I already addressed that in my first post. :/

here -
On Monday, the Secretary of State certified that the anti-abortion group, Michigan Right to Life, had enough valid signatures to move the proposal to State Legislature, which will have 40 days to approve or reject the ballot initiative.

like I said.... it's the voters... and I've never said the MAJORITY OF the voters. so I reiterate - it began with the voters... :cool2:

Oh shit, I have to quote that you quoted in your previous post.

It all comes down to the state legislature. A body that comprised of 81% men voting on the health and welfare of the 5 million women.
OK, I wonder how daughters/wives of 81% men feel about it.

Michigan moves closer to requiring women to buy abortion insurance separately | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Because no one filed a challenge by Monday’s deadline to the more than 315,000 signatures turned in to the Secretary of State, an initiative that would prohibit abortion coverage from being included in standard insurance policies will go forward.

And the Secretary of State certified Monday that Michigan Right to Life, which spearheaded the petition drive, has more than enough valid signatures to start the ball rolling on the new state law. A minimum of 258,088 valid signatures were needed. The anti-abortion activists turned in 315,477 signatures. And the Secretary of State’s elections division estimated that 299,941 of the signatures are valid.

The state Board of Canvassers will meet at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 2 to certify the signatures and then the petition moves to the state Legislature, which has 40 days to approve, reject or do nothing with the legislative ballot initiative.

Michigan Right to Life embarked on the petition drive because when federal health exchanges were set up under the Affordable Care Act, it didn't want any taxpayer dollars going toward abortion coverage. Twenty-three states have already enacted legislation requiring separate riders for abortion coverage in exchange-provided policies.

She said she’s confident the measure will pass in the Legislature because the majority of members of the House and Senate signed the petition.

Democrats promised to fight the initiative if and when it’s brought up in the Legislature.

“Obviously the Republicans have a choice to make; they can either continue their war on women or let the voters decide,” said Robert McCann, spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer, D-East Lansing. “Frankly, it’s offensive that it’s something to be brought before the Legislature — requiring women to have rape insurance.”

But with strong anti-abortion majorities in both the state House and Senate, it has a good chance of passing and immediately becoming law.

Because it is a legislative ballot initiative, Gov. Rick Snyder cannot sign it or veto it.

The Legislature added the optional abortion rider language into a bill last year that transformed Blue Cross Blue Shield into a nonprofit mutual insurer. And even though the BCBS bill was a priority for Snyder, he vetoed the bill because of the abortion language.

If the Legislature rejects or does nothing with the legislative ballot initiative, it will go to the November 2014 ballot for a statewide vote.

At this point, abortion rights supporters’ only recourse is to convince the Legislature to allow a statewide vote on the issue because such a small percentage of the state’s voters actually signed a petition.

There are more than 7.4 million registered voters in the state; and the 315,477 signatures represent about 4.2% of them.

so... it began with the few ignorant voters.... and it can end with many other voters challenging it...

here -

like I said.... it's the voters... and I've never said the MAJORITY OF the voters. so I reiterate - it began with the voters... :cool2:
Can you find out how many women petitioned it?

Damnit, I have to quote it again.

Because no one filed a challenge by Monday’s deadline to the more than 315,000 signatures turned in to the Secretary of State, an initiative that would prohibit abortion coverage from being included in standard insurance policies will go forward.

And the Secretary of State certified Monday that Michigan Right to Life, which spearheaded the petition drive, has more than enough valid signatures to start the ball rolling on the new state law. A minimum of 258,088 valid signatures were needed. The anti-abortion activists turned in 315,477 signatures. And the Secretary of State’s elections division estimated that 299,941 of the signatures are valid.

The state Board of Canvassers will meet at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 2 to certify the signatures and then the petition moves to the state Legislature, which has 40 days to approve, reject or do nothing with the legislative ballot initiative.
!5,536 of the signatures are fake. What's up with that?

Damnit, I have to quote it again.

!5,536 of the signatures are fake. What's up with that?

could be incomplete, invalid, or fake. who knows. maybe some of the votes were invalid because they're from out of state.

Right to Life of Michigan

We're proud of our "F"

The state of Michigan has again been given a failing grade from NARAL (the National Abortion Rights Action League). Annually, NARAL releases a report which analyzes state legislation and grades each of the 50 states based on how their laws restrict or don't restrict abortion. States with few or no prolife laws receive high grades while states with a large number prolife laws usually receive failing grades. Right to Life of Michigan is proud to be given another "F" from NARAL because of our numerous lifesaving laws. These laws (including a ban on tax-funded abortions, regulations on abortion providers, as well as parental and informed consent laws) have helped decrease the number of abortions performed in Michigan by 52.7% since 1987.
That tells a lot how sick they are. Someday it will go down. Women's rights always win.

Know what's kind of funny. The insurance companies themselves would probably rather cover a $400 abortion than cover a pregnancy, birth, and the child once it's born, all those well visits, shots, meds etc etc etc

I know some women who carry rape insurance...it's called a gun. And they know how to use it' too.

I keep my buddies with me whenever I go out....S&W, or Beretta or Ruger.....the best insurance money can buy....

Back