Between Deaf Community in one city VS. Deaf marriage/relationship

katz4life

Reaction score
Well, I wonder to know if this kind of experience that happened or happens in your shoes when you are being married to your d/Deaf spouse or being in relationship with your d/D partner and some of your spouse or your partner's d/Deaf friends who grew up with you all of your life from Deaf institution school and same local deaf community in same town for years, and some of your deaf friends coming up to you and telling you negative and garbage stuff, complaining about your spouse or partner without your spouse/partner's knowledge. How would you feel as if your deaf friends telling you negative things and suggesting you not to marry her or him or even saying to you that they hope your spouse or partner to stay far away in different location in distance and hope she or he does not move back?

Now I see that for long enough these deafies from one same big town (of course it's kind of small deaf community) tend to focus on talking negative and disliking one of their friends' spouse or partner than anything as if this person is NOT a danger or something like abuser, drug addict, criminal or whatever the big serious term. Alike they don't like this person for nothing if just only because who s/he is, her or his nature character, attitude or well being differences...these issue(s) don't mean anything such it is so small thing or nothing. Or for no reason. I do not understand why is that and that is absolutely NOT healthy thing to do in their lives. Don't they have better hobbies to keep them busy and keep themselves in good spirit and think positive and know how to stay out of their friends/people's relationship lives/business if this person who they don't like has nothing to do with them? I mean, what is the point since I, myself know how to stay out of other deaf people's relationship/marriage if I don't like this person. I am not kind of person who likes to destroy other people's relationship/marriage because I just do not. Wise person does not do that, either. Why not they should do the same out of respect? I wonder why they do that......jealousy? Lowlife? Don't they worry about themselves and their loved ones and things rather than sweating about their own friends' relationship/marriage just because they don't like this person? What is their problem? Do they seem not want their friend to have a love life relationship with this person who he/she dearly cares and loves? Gosh...whatever happened to famous motto many people used: "Be Yourself"? Feel free to discuss here.

I haven't had enough deaf/Deaf girlfriends to have this problem. I guess I was lucky. However, I wish I had a deaf/Deaf girlfriend and maybe marry one. I think would rather have a deaf/Deaf girlfriend or wife with those negative stereotype over having a hearing girlfriend and trying to fit in with their friends. It doesn't matter if hearing girlfriend's friends tries hard on ASL. I just don't enjoy hearing relationships so much. I guess take it with grain of salt.

Same thing happens in hearing world. Some people just can't stay out of others private lives.
I suspect a lot of people who like to talk negatively about others have their own issues and are just trying, maybe subconsciously, to make their own lives look better.

Back