"Be Yourself"

katz4life

Reaction score
What the heck does "Be Yourself" mean to you?? Excuse my soundingly little rant question.

nah. just show who you are and they will accept you rather than act someone else that you are not you.

For me, it means going out and look for a 1977-1979 Chevy Impala wagon or Caprice wagon with no crap about what anyone thinks.

Don't try to live up to other people's expectations.

In layman term,

Don't fake yourself, Don't pretend that your somebody else. Just being who you are.

It means don't pretend, if you don't like football don't say you like football. If you don't like Chinese food, don't say you like Chinese food.

This should not be confused with acting a proper way in a certain situation. It doesn't man you should wear a sweat suit to a funeral.

In a nutshell, it means don't go along with things you don't agree with so that others will like you.

The point in this question I brought up is because I see in some deaf people especially "friends" who were the ones that told me to be myself. And I figured out sometime later from my friend, he told me that some of them can't stand for who i am and don't like my attitude or whatever. Pretty hypocritical much?

If they are saying that alot to you - then I guess thy are seeing more then one sides of you. The ugly or shy one must be rearing its end ... just saying.

Be true to thine self....in other words, don't pretend. And it's like the poem "The Man in the Glass".... (here are some excerts of it)...

When you get what you want in your struggle for self...
and the world makes you king for a day...
Just go to a mirror...
and see what that man has to say...
For it's not your mother, father or friends you must please...
It's the one looking back from the glass....
He's with you...clear to the end....
So....Nevermind all the rest....

The point in this question I brought up is because I see in some deaf people especially "friends" who were the ones that told me to be myself. And I figured out sometime later from my friend, he told me that some of them can't stand for who i am and don't like my attitude or whatever. Pretty hypocritical much?

Then the people that say they're your 'friends' and feel that way about you are not being 'their self' . They're being two face and you should make them 'NO' face by stop handing out with them. Who need that kind of crap in their life.

I guess they want you to keep them with someone to talk about.

This says it all

Attachments

• 28875_537829949565027_1446212290_n.jpg
    28875_537829949565027_1446212290_n.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 16
In layman term,

Don't fake yourself, Don't pretend that your somebody else. Just being who you are.

So, if someone decide being frankly by not being fake and reveal that he or she is really asshole? That's their character that cannot be help?

and someone can still falll in love with an asshole, women do it all the time, many tragic romance because of 'bad boy' sydromes they like...weird but true

It means: Try to have more self-confidence, and don't pretend to be an expert in something you're not actually an expert about.

OR: Your friends are giving you moronic/useless advice. Don't listen to what they tell you to do.

Hard fact, you are not going to get everyone to like you. In fact, if you have one good friend in the world you should count yourself lucky.

As nice as you are, not everyone is going to be buddy/buddy, there is a reason you only click with certain people.

Look at it this way, you found our early while most people only find out after about 30 years. You're ahead of the game.

Congrats..

Acquaintance, friend, lover see how that works? Take those, "friends" and stuff them into the category they deserve. Just sayin..

To me, it mean not pretending to be somebody I am not.

For example, if I am not rich, I am not gonna hide this fact.

I will not pretend I am better financially than I really am just to impress someone - anyone,
or because I am ashamed of being "poor".

Just f..ck it. what you see, is what you have. take it or leave it.

Fuzzy

Wirelessly posted

Be true and real. Do not pretend or change to just please others. Just be who you are.

Back