BabyBoomers....Classic Parent Statements We All Heard

rockin'robin

Reaction score
I am pretty sure all of us Boomers heard training statements like these growing up. But I am sure neither you or I have ever said anything like these to our kids!

1.My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. “If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished mopping the floor.”

2.My mother taught me RELIGION. “You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”

3.My father taught me about TIME TRAVEL. “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week.”

4.My father taught me LAW. “You’re lookin’ at the law book.”

5.My mother taught me LOGIC. “If you fall out of that tree and break your neck, don’t expect to go to the store with me.”

6.My mother taught me PLANNING. “Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you are in an accident.

7.My father taught me IRONY. “Keep crying and I’ll give you something to cry about.”

8.My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. “Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”

9.My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. “Just you look at that dirt on the back of your neck.”

10.My mother taught me about STAMINA. “You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”

11.My mother taught me about WEATHER. “This room of yours looks like a tornado went through it.”

12.My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY. “If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”

13.My father taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE. “I brought you into this world and I can take you out.”

14.My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION and the VALUE OF MONEY. “Why should I give you money for being good? Why don’t you be good for nothing like your daddy?”

http://www.babyboomerlive.com/classic-parent-statements-we-all-heard/2/

Sounds familiar. :D

And 15) When I have something exciting to tell them, my father taught me the necessity for HEARING PROTECTION "...don't call us, we'll call you!"

No, I had not heard or listened to my mother and my father because I am deaf since birth. Is that what parents would say things like that to hearing children and teenagers?

Wow, my gosh! Heaven forbids. :shock:

Have heard some of those too as well. :)

I've heard majority all of these. LOL Good old days.

Another saying my grandmother used to say to me "If you don't knock if off, I'm going to rip your arm off and beat you with a bloody stump!"

It's funny, I even tell these to my own kid.

My grandfather always said..."A hard head makes for a flabby azz"....and boy, did I get it with that leather shaving strap!

Back