Any Deaf Interior Designer Out There?

I am more into contemporary or urban style..I grew up with the Southwestern style all around me so I am bored with that but I noticed that everytime I return to Phx, that particular style is changing and some designs are just georgous!

I am more into contemporary or urban style..I grew up with the Southwestern style all around me so I am bored with that but I noticed that everytime I return to Phx, that particular style is changing and some designs are just georgous!

I love urban style too. It is trend in Seattle, New York City, Chicago, Pittsburgs, Portland, and St. Louis.

I grew up with southwestern style too. Some of them are beautiful if they mixed with another styles such as Spanish Mediterranean or French or Italian or Lodge, and Post-Modern.

Good to hear someone is involved ID. I felt same thing as SHEL90 in back of time. *RME* at people. I could get my talent since everyone loved my design of bedroom. I am working on living room. It seem little conflict with their taste.

Oh well, happy to hear few has same interesting!

Good to hear someone is involved ID. I felt same thing as SHEL90 in back of time. *RME* at people. I could get my talent since everyone loved my design of bedroom. I am working on living room. It seem little conflict with their taste.

Oh well, happy to hear few has same interesting!

What is RME?

Its okay to be little conflict with their taste. :) If everything is so perfect and same, then the place would lose the character and boring. It can add a little twist thing to make the place more thrilling and inviting. :)

RME means ROLL MY EYES
What is RME?

Its okay to be little conflict with their taste. :) If everything is so perfect and same, then the place would lose the character and boring. It can add a little twist thing to make the place more thrilling and inviting. :)

Hey, I think MetroGuy03 should consider participating in the HGTV Design Star series after his ID studies. He would have the largest fan base via AD, no doubt! ;)

Best of success, MetroGuy03.

Hey, I think MetroGuy03 should consider participating in the HGTV Design Star series after his ID studies. He would have the largest fan base via AD, no doubt! ;)

Best of success, MetroGuy03.

Aww thanks! Believe it or not, I have already thinking about that a while ago. I might consider that once I get more experiences first.

Hey, JJ - Would you be able to show us some of your work here, just one draft, I was curious what is your creativity in ID.

Hey guys, I'm here because I teach Photoshop to Interior Designers, specifically design and concept boards. I just launched an online school and I want to make it the best learning platform out there for anyone who loves designing interiors as much, if not more, than I do.

As the E design world grows I think an Interior design career is becoming more and more accessible to people with many different disabilities including hearing loss, and I want to help if I can. Which is why I wanted to ask you if there was anyway I could make my tutorials more coherent for the hearing impaired. I currently have subtitles for the hot keys I'm using but do I need to go further with transcribing? any other suggestions or teaching reference? You can find the free library of Photoshop tutorials specific to interior design at the site thedesigncure.academy I look forward to hearing from you. ;)

I took Photoshop classes at college, but never took online class nor interior design. Deaf people are visual people, so design visual aids. Yes, definitely transcribe everything. Everything! Good luck.

I enjoy interior design. I live in Texas, but I love American Craftsman because of beautiful details. I'm biased because I am from California full of Craftsman and Bungalow houses.

You guys would love my concept-National Employment Lottery System (NELS). NELS is designed to eliminate discrimination for once for all. It works this way-similar to military draft. Let me give example: a company has opening for Interior Designer and it is only 3 position available. OK, under NELS law I am proposing, that company has to go to their local Department of Labor and open an account with them that they need 3 new designers. They would have window of opportunity to be open for only two weeks and then applicants must submit their index cards that has names, address, SSN, and best contact (phone, text, email, etc). Then the official who works for DoL would drop off cards from both snail mail and from computer that you send a form through into a big bingo-style drum and at the end of 2 weeks, the official along with the HR manager from that company to observe. The official from DoL will draft cards. Will draft three cards plus three more cards in case first 3 turned down or got another job elsewhere.

This will make companies stuck! They can not discriminate against the Deaf, Disabled, of color, ethics, religion, creed, etc.

You would love this! You will have better odd of getting a job this way than you hear all the discrimination you faced.

Now, VR counselors are not supposed to say oh you cant do this. That is wrong. Deaf people can become awesome designers because it is visual presentation and Deaf people are best at that because their visual sense is best out of those five because of deafness. Lose one, gain another as they say.

Now, as for education, we need to change education. More true hands-on training than arm-chair education and cut down to 2 years instead of 4 and no summer break. It would be faster. I actually am trying to make that bill in Congress. If they don't listen, watch out, I am running for White House in 2020. First true Deaf President of the United States.

If they put you down, its a trauma. Careful. You know what? If you know a lot of people who need a project, why not start your own business? You do not need college education to start your own business. Look at Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Edgar Hetteen, J. A. Bombardier, and many actors. They all did not finish or never went to college and they are more successful without a degree! YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! S***w college!

Back