another mass shooting......

They did report it. I saw it yesterday morning on HLN.

They did report it. I saw it yesterday morning on HLN.

So did I, on CNN which commented on it for several seconds and moved on with a commercial break. NBC news did a little better but lasted some 20 seconds or so. No wall to wall coverage on this mass shooting pointing out the "evils of guns"? Is it because this shooting took place on the east side of Detroit and that the city has one of the highest violent crime rates in the country?

So did I, on CNN which commented on it for several seconds and moved on with a commercial break. NBC news did a little better but lasted some 20 seconds or so. No wall to wall coverage on this mass shooting pointing out the "evils of guns"? Is it because this shooting took place on the east side of Detroit and that the city has one of the highest violent crime rates in the country?

That must be upset message for you.

Factually, media did report this news.

That must be upset message for you.

Factually, media did report this news.

and that's a fact.

I don't know what's up with OP. lotta of huffin' and puffin'...

I'd like to take this time to quote a song by the Clash "'Cos killers in America work seven days a week"

You should know that mass media is interested in money only so if an incident like this isn't going to make them money, they will not report it.

I think it's more along the line that the deadly news do not exactly fit their narratives and agenda. So, they try and minimize the reporting to the extent practicable.

I think it's more along the line that the deadly news do not exactly fit their narratives and agenda. So, they try and minimize the reporting to the extent practicable.
No, it's the opposite. The deadlier the news get, more money they make. Example: Columbine HS, Aurora theater, Newton elementary school.

No, it's the opposite. The deadlier the news get, more money they make. Example: Columbine HS, Aurora theater, Newton elementary school.

Those events took place in "gun-free zones," in a public place, in a school area, and usually involve kids in a lot of instances, tragically so. If it took place in a high crime area, even if 5, 6 or 7 people killed in single city shooting, they may mention it on national news and then down it goes into the dustbin. If it doesn't fit their narrative depending on a specific news they're looking for they won't report it. Or if they do it'll get minimum coverage and people will forget about it.

Back