An individual trying to close a deaf institute

Oh wow, my old kindergarten teacher is working at Oklahoma School for the Deaf as second grade teacher and she's deaf, but I'm not sure if she already retired or not. :(

not close
to "...An Act relating to schools; creating a task force to study the effectiveness of the School for the Deaf..."

They want to create a task force to study the effectiveness of the Oklahoma School for the Deaf which enables them to show how the school isn't being effective education-wise and should be closed. Just another group of hearing people who have no formal knowledge on deafness attempting to close yet another deaf institute.

Oh wow, my old kindergarten teacher is working at Oklahoma School for the Deaf as second grade teacher and she's deaf, but I'm not sure if she already retired or not. :(

Did you attend Oklahoma School for the Deaf?

Then whoever at OSD need to learn from the NY deaf schools crisis when the liberal Cuomo wants to closed half of the 8 deaf schools.

Finances, budget, money and dollars are what legislators interested in. Not the IDEA or IEP or the ADA or other soft sob stories

They want to create a task force to study the effectiveness of the Oklahoma School for the Deaf which enables them to show how the school isn't being effective education-wise and should be closed. Just another group of hearing people who have no formal knowledge on deafness attempting to close yet another deaf institute.

Then whoever at OSD need to learn from the NY deaf schools crisis when the liberal Cuomo wants to closed half of the 8 deaf schools.

Finances, budget, money and dollars are what legislators interested in. Not the IDEA or IEP or the ADA or other soft sob stories

Yes, precisely. I know in one state, the legislators were trying to merge the school for the deaf with the school for the blind. Both schools weren't on the same campus so the state was trying to save funds by putting both schools on one campus!

You mean in VA? Done.
FL maybe now

May the Force be with You

Yes, precisely. I know in one state, the legislators were trying to merge the school for the deaf with the school for the blind. Both schools weren't on the same campus so the state was trying to save funds by putting both schools on one campus!

Sad. let's accept the fact that hearing people loves to control Deaf people. :ugh3: Too bad!

Ah I see. I'd rather live in Alabama than Oklahoma. There's literally nothing in Oklahoma. Haha.

My uncle lives in suburb of Tulsa in Oklahoma and he works in IT department.

I don't think you will happy in Alabama because deaf community is smaller and disappointing, however I found Georgia (Atlanta) and Florida are better.

Oklahoma isn't far from Texas and I don't know about how good is deaf community in Oklahoma.

I know Oklahoma has larger number of Native Americans.

I've heard that Oklahoma has a fairly good deaf community- mainly in Oklahoma City.

My uncle lives in suburb of Tulsa in Oklahoma and he works in IT department.

I don't think you will happy in Alabama because deaf community is smaller and disappointing, however I found Georgia (Atlanta) and Florida are better.

Oklahoma isn't far from Texas and I don't know about how good is deaf community in Oklahoma.

I know Oklahoma has larger number of Native Americans.

Well, I actually like Alabama, but if I were to live there, I would not ever support the Tide.

Yeah, Oklahoma has a large number of Native Americans because there are many reservations. I knew a deaf lady who has a certain percentage of Native American blood.

Well, I actually like Alabama, but if I were to live there, I would not ever support the Tide.

Yeah, Oklahoma has a large number of Native Americans because there are many reservations. I knew a deaf lady who has a certain percentage of Native American blood.

I'm Crimson Tide fan so I guess that I'm your worst nightmare. :D

I found out about your job position - I noticed that you are programmer/engineer and Huntsville will be only area that suitable for programmer/engineer. If deaf community isn't your concern so it is not issue to live here. I don't know about how much is job opening and some sections of IT are over oversaturated, that wasn't same as 1990s that you seen a lot of job booming.

For me, I'm currently study in IT networking - will transfer back to community college this fall to complete the associate degree then I will take care of bachelor degree eventually.

I will not want live in Oklahoma - too conservative and too isolated. I'm going move to Tampa metro in Florida, along with my family in 2016.

I'm Crimson Tide fan so I guess that I'm your worst nightmare. :D

I found out about your job position - I noticed that you are programmer/engineer and Huntsville will be only area that suitable for programmer/engineer. If deaf community isn't your concern so it is not issue to live here. I don't know about how much is job opening and some sections of IT are over oversaturated, that wasn't same as 1990s that you seen a lot of job booming.

For me, I'm currently study in IT networking - will transfer back to community college this fall to complete the associate degree then I will take care of bachelor degree eventually.

I will not want live in Oklahoma - too conservative and too isolated. I'm going move to Tampa metro in Florida, along with my family in 2016.

For now, I am going to stay right in Texas. I've moved around a lot in my life and it is time to just settle down in one place, you know.

That's cool you are studying in the field of IT networking. I wish you the best in that endeavor. I've been to Tampa before and it is a really nice city. I wouldn't want to live in Florida though because of the sinkholes, hurricanes, and so on.

For now, I am going to stay right in Texas. I've moved around a lot in my life and it is time to just settle down in one place, you know.

That's cool you are studying in the field of IT networking. I wish you the best in that endeavor. I've been to Tampa before and it is a really nice city. I wouldn't want to live in Florida though because of the sinkholes, hurricanes, and so on.

Not live in Colorado anymore?

Yes, associate degree in IT usually focus on sub field, especially networking, programming, web development, microcomputer applications, but for bachelor degree, it cover anything but for programming - usually cover under computer science.

I picked climate as major factor for me, but not concern about sinkhole or hurricane. I took FDR's word - not let be fear. Beside Florida, I will take California, Oregon or Washington. Arizona isn't bad but most annoying is bark scorpions.

Not live in Colorado anymore?

Yes, associate degree in IT usually focus on sub field, especially networking, programming, web development, microcomputer applications, but for bachelor degree, it cover anything but for programming - usually cover under computer science.

I picked climate as major factor for me, but not concern about sinkhole or hurricane. I took FDR's word - not let be fear. Beside Florida, I will take California, Oregon or Washington. Arizona isn't bad but most annoying is bark scorpions.

I have not lived in Colorado since 2010. I miss Colorado very much though.

Yeah, programming tends to be under Computer Science, but having a degree that pertains to computers still can land you a good job. I love programming as I have been programming since I was a teen.

Well, every state has its pros and cons regarding living conditions. For example, Alaska is the only state that doesn't have termites! Arizona is really nice state, but in the summer, it can reach insane temperatures of 100 and above. Fortunately, the air there is dry unlike the air in Texas as it is humid. Oregon is a beautiful state, especially on the coastline. If it was Washington State, I wouldn't pick Seattle and other neighboring cities because it rains there so often. Rain depresses me. Ha.

I have not lived in Colorado since 2010. I miss Colorado very much though.

Yeah, programming tends to be under Computer Science, but having a degree that pertains to computers still can land you a good job. I love programming as I have been programming since I was a teen.

Well, every state has its pros and cons regarding living conditions. For example, Alaska is the only state that doesn't have termites! Arizona is really nice state, but in the summer, it can reach insane temperatures of 100 and above. Fortunately, the air there is dry unlike the air in Texas as it is humid. Oregon is a beautiful state, especially on the coastline. If it was Washington State, I wouldn't pick Seattle and other neighboring cities because it rains there so often. Rain depresses me. Ha.
California? Smoggy? :lol:

Seattle is deaf-friendly, even though it's mostly wet. I went to SCC there in 1975 while I was a HS senior.

Seattle is deaf-friendly, even though it's mostly wet. I went to SCC there in 1975 while I was a HS senior.

I think air quality in LA is much better today than in 1960s.

but... it seems bad in Central Valley.

California has a high cost of living. I wouldn't mind living there again, but I'd rather not due to the high cost of living.

Back