Amara.org is recruiting people with ASL proficient skills for captioining ASL videos

Booger_Bender

Amara Ambassador
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Dylan Mahoney (Booger Bender). I am the Deaf Liaison for amara.org. We are currently the world's largest translation/captioning platform. We're expanding captioning in all areas possible. Currently we do not have many people with ASL skills to caption ASL videos for everyone in English. Once a subtitle is complete in English our large user base will caption it in many other languages of the world.

I ask alldeaf.com members to consider joining amara.org music captioning and captions requested team and help us grow with more members to caption videos from our Deaf culture. Joining amara.org is absolutely free no catch and it's a fun, easy platform with really easy captioning tools. You can see our introduction video on the main page of amara.org with captions on how to use our tools.

We welcome anyone and everyone to join us and help us bridge the gap between Hearing and Deaf cultures.

Music Captioning team: Dashboard - Music Captioning | Amara
Captions Requested team: Dashboard - Captions Requested | Amara

The video we need captions for: Let it Go (sung and signed) with subtitles | Amara

Best,
Dylan Mahoney (Booger Bender) :deaf:
Deaf Liaison Amara

Good evening Dylan,

I am very interested in this opportunity and would like to inquire further information. I am profoundly deaf myself and I have proficiency in both ASL and written English. I type approximately 90-120 words per minute. Is it necessary to provide a résumé with references prior to volunteer work in English subtitles for ASL videos at amara.org?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

All the best,
Samantha

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf. Please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors.

Back