Airbus crashes in French Alps; 150 dead

In the end, i think in regards to this.some people are just born monsters...same goes with dogs and so on..
some dogs are just born.crazy....same goes with people...i think allot of the why? What caused him, so on, is a distraction, because its a done deal...and few people are asking ths right questions, non in the press...
Not why he did it...but why he was able and allowed to do what he did..those who through their neglegence wil get away and get bonjses and live a good life...and thats part of this tragedy really

What?! No one is born a monster. Don't lump human beings in the same category as animals even though some human beings do grow up and act like animals.

I said if by "some miracle 'HAD' he lived" . I know there is no way he could survived the crash . I was saying I see this crash more as 'crime' than
a suicide . People are talking about his mental health and I refusing to blame this all on his 'mental health. ' He knew what he was going when he locked the pilot out of he cockpit.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I view it more of a murder-suicide thing.

Respectyoda.... If you don't mind, can you do some member(s) a favor and change your font color to have a color that is easier to read for those vision impaired members.

Thanks.

Let's stay on topic... moral thing, or discussing about medications other than the tragedy can make a new thread and discuss there.

It helps to put the quote at the top then your comment on bottom. :ty:

With this incident, will it be enough for airlines to be held accountable as it seems business are getting away with oversights like this as it was very apparent the pilot was not fit to fly?

Well, the co-pilot passed all of the exams and was deemed fit to fly. Like I said in a previous comment of mine that people can deceive others in thinking they are fine, when they in actuality are not.

How are you certain he abused his meds? Respectyoda..
You keep saying if a person is depressed all a person has to dO is do something about it, besides think happy thoughts you have offered nothing...
Dont you understand...thinking happy thoughts doesnt work in this, its not thst easy...when people sre suffering greatly under depression and mental illness..happy thoughts doesnt cut it..
You should be carefull. i wouldnt want you do convince someone to snap there fingers and think of tulips as a solution to grave mental illness.

I agree, one of my tools for managing my deperssion is when I get overwhelmed, is to focus on my breathing and imagine tulips. I also put some butterflys, rainbows, and bubbles in there. In addition to therapy and medication this helps. It is such a shame the pilot decided to take everyone with him. I read on another site that he was depressed and his girlfriend broke up with him and he said to her something along the lines of "everyone will remember my name"

Good treatment for mental illness is often so hard to find. My heart goes out to all of us suffering with it. Loss is hard. I am still very much grieving over the death of my significant other. He passed on 2/13/14.

I'm going off topic here, but I think if the government spent more money on mental health care there would be a lot less unnecessary sadness in the world.

I hope this makes sense.

God bless.

. . .
Good treatment for mental illness is often so hard to find. My heart goes out to all of us suffering with it. Loss is hard. I am still very much grieving over the death of my significant other. He passed on 2/13/14.
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I'm going off topic here, but I think if the government spent more money on mental health care there would be a lot less unnecessary sadness in the world.

I hope this makes sense….
In this case of Lubitz, he was German, and supposedly had access to a very capable health care system in his country.

Clinical depression has nothing to do with happy thoughts or a better life.

As far as anyone could tell, Lubitz was headed in "the right direction" with his life. None of the witnesses said, "Oh, his actions make perfect sense; we saw him going down that road to destruction." Nope.

Please stay focused on this case.

That's precisely my point here, Reba. Mr. Lubitz SEEMED to be going in the right direction, but he was unable to internally deal with his depression the right way. It was just a matter of time before his depression got the best of him. This again proves why medicine is NOT the answer to "curing" depression.

That's precisely my point here, Reba. Mr. Lubitz SEEMED to be going in the right direction, but he was unable to internally deal with his depression the right way. It was just a matter of time before his depression got the best of him. This again proves why medicine is NOT the answer to "curing" depression.
My point was, you don't know what he was doing internally since outwardly he seemed fine to everyone. He didn't present as having "unhappy" thoughts to his family, friends or co-workers, unless more is revealed as the investigation progresses.

Since not all the facts are in, whatever Lubitz was experiencing or revealing doesn't prove anything about the general treatment of depression.

I don't recall anyone posting that medicine was a cure for depression. Everything I read (except what you post) mentions treatment or management for depression, not cures.

My point was, you don't know what he was doing internally since outwardly he seemed fine to everyone. He didn't present as having "unhappy" thoughts to his family, friends or co-workers, unless more is revealed as the investigation progresses.

Since not all the facts are in, whatever Lubitz was experiencing or revealing doesn't prove anything about the general treatment of depression.

I don't recall anyone posting that medicine was a cure for depression. Everything I read (except what you post) mentions treatment or management for depression, not cures.

Of course, not all the facts are in and it is fairly certain not ALL of them will be in since no man can fully determine the mental state of anyone at any given time. But Mr. Lubitz did express unhappy thoughts to some people, especially his girlfriend, especially having suicidal thoughts. He was given medication for his depression by his doctors which wasn't the best thing to do. Doctors these days are too quick to write prescriptions and people don't bother to check what's in the medication(s)!

Of course, not all the facts are in and it is fairly certain not ALL of them will be in since no man can fully determine the mental state of anyone at any given time. But Mr. Lubitz did express unhappy thoughts to some people, especially his girlfriend, especially having suicidal thoughts. He was given medication for his depression by his doctors which wasn't the best thing to do.
Are you a doctor who is privy to Lubitz's medical records? If not, then there's no way you can know whether or not his prescriptions were "the best thing to do," especially since we don't know if he followed his doctors' orders.

Doctors these days are too quick to write prescriptions and people don't bother to check what's in the medication(s)!
That may be but we don't know if that was the situation with Lubitz and his German doctors. Don't forget, different countries, different cultures, different medical systems, different philosophies and practices.

Are you a doctor who is privy to Lubitz's medical records? If not, then there's no way you can know whether or not his prescriptions were "the best thing to do," especially since we don't know if he followed his doctors' orders.

One doesn't need to be a doctor to know prescriptions are the best thing to write for someone who is suffering from depression because like I have stated over and over that medicine is just akin to a band-aid. For example, if one is having taking medication to lower their sugar level, this one doesn't have to take medication if he/she takes the right steps to change his/her diet. I have read many articles of people stopping taking medication and changing their diet and adding exercise. They revealed that they really never had a need for those medications.

That may be but we don't know if that was the situation with Lubitz and his German doctors. Don't forget, different countries, different cultures, different medical systems, different philosophies and practices.

Of course, I am aware of that, but medicine is still medicine regardless. Yes, medicine may alleviate something, but that's only temporary. As for Mr. Lubitz, he had to steer his life in the right direction and medicine isn't the right solution.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/suicide-often-not-preceded-by-warnings-201209245331

I find this link interesting and people that been depress for a lone time could wake up one day and have everyone thinking they're feeling better b/c
the person is 'happy'. This can be a red flag , this could mean the person had decided to commit suicide to end their emotional pain. Having happy thoughts does not mean a suicidal person is 'cured' of depression , this a very dangerous thinking .

One doesn't need to be a doctor to know prescriptions are the best thing to write for someone who is suffering from depression because like I have stated over and over that medicine is just akin to a band-aid. For example, if one is having taking medication to lower their sugar level, this one doesn't have to take medication if he/she takes the right steps to change his/her diet. I have read many articles of people stopping taking medication and changing their diet and adding exercise. They revealed that they really never had a need for those medications.
:topic:

Of course, I am aware of that, but medicine is still medicine regardless. Yes, medicine may alleviate something, but that's only temporary. As for Mr. Lubitz, he had to steer his life in the right direction and medicine isn't the right solution.
This isn't a health thread; this is about the horrible crime committed by Lubitz, and the victims. The only relevant points are what did the parties involved do, not do, or have done to them.

Is this all you can say? I was merely answering your question!

This isn't a health thread; this is about the horrible crime committed by Lubitz, and the victims. The only relevant points are what did the parties involved do, not do, or have done to them.

Of course, this isn't an absolute health thread, but mental health is a [ginormous] factor in this case that concerns Mr. Lubitz and his heinous actions he committed with the aircraft he was flying. News are publishing articles about his mental health, the medications he was supposedly on, and so on. Hence, this also applies to this thread since it is all about what the news is discussing regarding Mr. Lubitz.

I started a thread in General Chat called Depression. Maybe the mods can move it to that thread.

That thread would be generally about depression, but this thread is more so discussing most, if not all, factors that surrounded around Mr. Lubitz's decision to bring down the plane in the French Alps. Depression just happens to be one of the factors surrounding this case.

That thread would be generally about depression, but this thread is more so discussing most, if not all, factors that surrounded around Mr. Lubitz's decision to bring down the plane in the French Alps. Depression just happens to be one of the factors surrounding this case.
Moving on….

There is a photo gallery of the victims included. They were people who were loved and lost.

Identifying the victims

This is awful for the victims' families. :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32047560

This some of the victims of Germanwings crash , I feel we should know their names , I wish the news talked more the victims and waited until they had all the facts about why this happen. We know what the cop pilot did
but no one is honoring the victims on TV. :( This always happen when there a mass murder all the attention seen to be about the suspect we know their names but we can't remember the victims names.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32047560

This some of the victims of Germanwings crash , I feel we should know their names , I wish the news talked more the victims and waited until they had all the facts about why this happen. We know what the cop pilot did
but no one is honoring the victims on TV. :( This always happen when there a mass murder all the attention seen to be about the suspect we know their names but we can't remember the victims names.
My last link shows their pictures and names in the gallery.

I like how your link tells a bit about each victim.

My last link shows their pictures and names in the gallery.

I like how your link tells a bit about each victim.

We both posted this about the same time. I just read the whole web site I posted and it made we want to :cry: . How tragic the stories are on father does not care how this happen b/c it does him no good . :(

Back