Adult aggression, children’s TV tied

Carebearx13x

Reaction score
Adult aggression, children’s TV tied

Multiyear study sees causal connection

ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 9 — Both boys and girls who watch a lot of violence on television have a heightened risk of aggressive adult behavior including spouse abuse and criminal offenses, no matter how they act in childhood, a new study says. While the results may not be surprising, experts say the study is important because it included hundreds of participants, and showed the effect in females as well as males.

For complete story.. http://www.msnbc.com/news/882914.asp?0cv=CB20

Their parents didn't stop their kids by watch that horrible tv show. tsk tsk tsk!

Agree with illustrator as parents should make an efforts to avoid this!

This is so sad...

But I think most males are more voilent than females right?

It's not just the TV that would lead the aggression state of mind among the children. It's other things, video games, other people at school, paretns fighting, and many other things not just tv.

Also I just had to add something. My nephew watches a lot of violence movies but himself is not a violent person. It depends on how you raise a child, teach it what's wrong and what's right. There are so many other factors that would determine the layout of the child's future. So in conclusion, I do not think that media is the sole reason that it would cause a child to become agressive and violent in the future.

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
Also I just had to add something. My nephew watches a lot of violence movies but himself is not a violent person. It depends on how you raise a child, teach it what's wrong and what's right. There are so many other factors that would determine the layout of the child's future. So in conclusion, I do not think that media is the sole reason that it would cause a child to become agressive and violent in the future.

:werd:

Back