Adobe confirms Flash for iPhone, Apple says when

Deaf Mortgage

Reaction score
Quote:

Our friend Jens Chr Brynildsen, a Flash expert who maintains a number resources for the standard including Flash Magazine, has reportedly confirmed with Adobe Systems’ Sr. Director of Engineering, Paul Betlem, that Flash is coming to the iPhone. However, Betlem says that “Apple calls the shots as to when it’ll be available.”

Brynildsen got the confirmation at an Adobe Town Hall meeting session. He reports:

“Upon a direct question from the audience, Paul Betlem for the first time publicly confirmed that Adobe is actively developing a Flash Player for Apple’s popular phone. He said (not direct quote) ‘My team is working on Flash on the iPhone, but it’s a closed platform.’ He noted that Apple makes all the decisions, so in other words, the ball is in Apple’s yard at this time. If Apple says yes, Adobe will have the player available in a very short time.”

In mid-June, Adobe’s CEO said that company already has Flash running on an iPhone emulator (presumably the same emulator included with Apple’s iPhone SDK).

As we’ve pointed out several times, Flash performance and usage is abysmal on current mobile devices that support playback. Mobile device processors — including the iPhone’s — simply aren’t fast enough to handle most Flash-laden sites. Flash Lite, the scaled down standard designed specifically for mobile devices, is even too much for most devices, and isn’t widely used.

Source
Adobe official confirms Flash for the iPhone, says Apple will decide when - iPhone Atlas

This is good news for HOVRS user because they use flash on their website and signmail. Means you can get your PurpleMail to your iphone as you wishes. But its not available at the moment and at least they are developing now.

I may have misunderstood, but I believe deafclimber has found a way to receive messages/alerts from HOVRS and Sorenson (?) on his mobile phone.

This is good news for HOVRS user because they use flash on their website and signmail. Means you can get your PurpleMail to your iphone as you wishes. But its not available at the moment and at least they are developing now.

SignMail, that is a trademark under Sorenson! :giggle: and you mean PurpleMail... I prefer SignMail video format than Flash... dunno, it is easy to open than watching in safari browser.. I have iPod Touch with 2.1 firmware.

SignMail, VideoMail, PurpleMail... all are based on VRS's direct phone number to leave answer machine.

I did at least mentioned purple mail in my 2nd post. They already using Flash with their PurpleMail format, so they will be easily used with Iphone when its completed development flash built-in Iphone.

It will change the way we use window based phones. That currently only way to open any Video signed Mails on phones. It will give us more options.

I may have misunderstood, but I believe deafclimber has found a way to receive messages/alerts from HOVRS and Sorenson (?) on his mobile phone.

Yes as window based phones can open those video messages from HOVRS, Sorenson or CSDVRS.

Hovrs want to use Flash based for video sign mails (Aka PurpleMail).

Viable better get their own as well, then that's compeition. Good thing for the deafies when the schitt hits into iphone, my friend's iphone's having bugs after the firmware upgrade.

Back