3 Yr Old Won't Wear Implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to believe the original post isn't a troll post, calculated to push buttons.

And it's been quite successful.
Meh, maybe. Granted she probably should have figured out right away something was going on with her CI for her to suddenly be acting like that and straight away ask the surgeon rather than Billy Joe Bob.......but I have little confidence in people's intelligence lately.

Plus I've had enough wrestling matches with toddlers that didn't want to put their shoes on or take their amoxicillin etc to be able to picture what she's talking about without leaping to "violence".

To answer you question of how you're the troll. She came asking why her daughter would suddenly start acting like that after being implanted for over a year with no issues.

you cant see how the op was a troll posts?

T
That's the topic. Did you answer the question? No, you didn't. Just pure inflammatory trolling.

i focus don't he part of her post which i found repugnant, the use of violence to force her daughter to experience extreme pain..which according to her words her daughter appeared to be experiencing.

If you can't figure out what I was asking you to quote, then you confirm my suspicions that you have the reasoning capabilities of a potato.

coming fro0m a women who admits she likes to spend her time in a toxic cesspool
you questioning my reasoning is rather well..
it's better in sign

funny...

Last edited:
maybe she needs a new map? if so, you might want to get her to the audi if there's ANY issues! *just my 2 cents*

Meh, maybe. Granted she probably should have figured out right away something was going on with her CI for her to suddenly be acting like that and straight away ask the surgeon rather than Billy Joe Bob......

getting warmer yes...

..but I have little confidence in people's intelligence lately.

no kiddin

Plus I've had enough wrestling matches with toddlers that didn't want to put their shoes on or take their amoxicillin etc to be able to picture what she's talking about without leaping to "violence".

so lets actually see what the op stated.
im quoting the relevant parts as to my critique, and statements.

im going to go out on the limb here, and just straight out ask you..

do you see any issues with this statement

creep mother said:
This month, she started aggressively removing her processor, grabbing it and crying very loudly when she can hear.
Whenever I hold the processor, she runs away from me. She hides the side of her head where the implant is or covers it with her hand. She also wrestles me when I pin her down. When I turn on the processor, she cries like she feels extreme pain and won't stop until I remove it,.

read it again ,
do you see any issues or plms with this statement?

read it again ,
Must you constantly refer to people as "Creeps" that is just plain insulting. You might want to use a mother, audiologist or Doctor. The focus supposed to be how to help this lady not denigrate her.

Oh she's long gone, she won't be coming back. Probably one more parent that after getting flack like this will decide its best to keep their child far far away from the Deaf community. First impressions are important.

read it again ,

My daughter acted much the same way if I didn't put her socks on inside out mmmm'kay. If you put them on right side out and the seam was touching her toes when you put her shoes on by her reaction you'd think I her toes were being sliced off. Don't get me started on the tags in clothes. Welcome to life with a toddler.

Obviously there's something going on, and the mom knows, which is why she's asking. Is it surprising that the mom at first thought she was just over reacting in toddleresque fashion? No, not really.

Oh she's long gone, she won't be coming back. Probably one more parent that after getting flack like this will decide its best to keep their child far far away from the Deaf community. First impressions are important.

the op was here last night on the forum so...

well if a parent uses pain compliance tactics with ehr 3 year old to force her will then it's best that parent doesn't much come around us..
that feeling is mutual then..

My daughter acted much the same way if I didn't put her socks on inside out mmmm'kay. If you put them on right side out and the seam was touching her toes when you put her shoes on by her reaction you'd think I her toes were being sliced off. Don't get me started on the tags in clothes. Welcome to life with a toddler.

Obviously there's something going on, and the mom knows, which is why she's asking. Is it surprising that the mom at first thought she was just over reacting in toddleresque fashion? No, not really.

thanks for answering the question. it helps in a bunch of ways understand yoru posts on here.

so putting socks on your daughter cause your daughter to experience extreme pain?
and regardless of that extreme pain you used force to put those socks on your daughter and make sure she wore them even though yoru daughter was experiencing extreme pain?

is this what yoru stating?

i also had a tot, and i cant think of one time, that is one time, knowing my son was experiencing extreme physical pain, i forced him to continue to experience it that pain..
not once have i done that to my son..

do you like it when others force you to continue to experience extreme physical pain?
or do you just prefer to witness others experience it?

Must you constantly refer to people as "Creeps" that is just plain insulting. You might want to use a mother, audiologist or Doctor. The focus supposed to be how to help this lady not denigrate her.

anyone who knowingly puts and forces a child to endure extreme pain for a product line is a creep in my books..
again i focused on the violence perpetrated against the young child,
which you ignore...

anyone who knowingly puts and forces a child to endure extreme pain for a product line is a creep in my books..
again i focused on the violence perpetrated against the young child,
which you ignore...
Well you will never stop her now. Since you have insulted the lady she will probably never be back so she never has to be dissed by you.

any mothers have already had a thick skin.. im sure she found the better group.. I have seen lot of CI groups all over it. facebook is the best place to discuss there.

Well you will never stop her now. Since you have insulted the lady she will probably never be back so she never has to be dissed by you.

hardly..
and i make no bones about it.
if you want to use soft words with someone who purposely and knowingly inflicts extreme pain on a little girl
then do it
im not that kind
so i will use the words i use..
you
use the word syou use..
that's called freedom cnice...

breath it deep

hardly..
and i make no bones about it.
You can make no bones about it but all that will be accomplished will be to make people who have CI interests or concerns like that lady go elsewhere.

thanks for answering the question. it helps in a bunch of ways understand yoru posts on here.

so putting socks on your daughter cause your daughter to experience extreme pain?
and regardless of that extreme pain you used force to put those socks on your daughter and make sure she wore them even though yoru daughter was experiencing extreme pain?

is this what yoru stating?

i also had a tot, and i cant think of one time, that is one time, knowing my son was experiencing extreme physical pain, i forced him to continue to experience it that pain..
not once have i done that to my son..

do you like it when others force you to continue to experience extreme physical pain?
or do you just prefer to witness others experience it?

Jeeeesus you're like a little child you have to lead by the hand.

No my daughter wasn't experiencing extreme pain you potato. She just ACTED like she was. Any parent at some point has rolled their eyes at their toddlers overreacting antics. This didn't think the kid really was experiencing extreme pain she just thought she was overreacting as toddlers do. Whether she really was isn't really the question, but the mom DID in fact figure out that something really was going on.

Anyway, doesn't matter. She was on line last night but she didn't post. However she did message me, thanking me and telling me it was probably her last time ever coming here.

I tried to tell her not ALL of the Deaf community are like you, people like you are just the loudest. Hopefully it hasn't colored her perception of he entire Deaf community but I doubt it.

Here you had another wasted opportunity. A parent you could have reached out to promote bilingualism to, to get involved with other Deaf. But nah. Instead you drive off and left her with the impression that Deaf are unhinged and judgmental radicals incapable of looking at a situation objectively and without rationality.

Good job! Kudos to you

You can make no bones about it but all that will be accomplished will be to make people who have CI interests or concerns like that lady go elsewhere.

then whats your plm with it?

further and lets be real here.

why haven't you?
you encountered my opinion here.
your still here...
those like you are still; here...

so hat gives??
in other words your full of it..

Last edited:
Jeeeesus you're like a little child you have to lead by the hand.

No my daughter wasn't experiencing extreme pain you potato.

this op isnt about your daughter its about a little girl who according to her own mothers words seemed to be experiencing extreme pain.

so
you clearly know more then the actual mother involved or....

J
She just ACTED like she was. Any parent at some point has rolled their eyes at their toddlers overreacting antics.

there is a difference between overreacting to wanting to put socks on, and not wanting a device causing extreme pain to be connected to your head..

J
This didn't think the kid really was experiencing extreme pain she just thought she was overreacting as toddlers do. Whether she really was isn't really the question, but the mom DID in fact figure out that something really was going on.

did she? all we know is the mother asked a question regarding her daughter's very clear behaviour and what according to mother seemed to be extreme pain. and her question re a cold. the fact that the device was causing her daughter extreme pain seems to be a secondary concern given the behaviours we knwo she use don her daughter to force the continued use of a device causing extreme pain..

would you..
knowingly force yoru daughter to wear shoes 2 sizes smaller?
and when yoru daughter demonstrates extreme pain would you pin her down to make sure she wore them? would you use molds to make sure she kept them on?
(don't answer its more for others reading we know...)

Anyway, doesn't matter. She was on line last night but she didn't post. However she did message me, thanking me and telling me it was probably her last time ever coming here.

(roll eyes)..
that's good.
i hope she gets the help her daughter needs..

I tried to tell her not ALL of the Deaf community are like you, people like you are just the loudest. Hopefully it hasn't colored her perception of he entire Deaf community but I doubt it.

well considering your NOT one of us, YOUR NOT Deaf, don't know our language, don't know our culture or history, care very little of our cultural values or ways...
im sure what ever you told her adds up to a your presumptive knowledge base..

furthur

have you ever considered you and other Ci cultists active here are driving away other Deaf who don't want to be harassed by you and your ilk?
your constant CI religious postings are driving away other Deaf who want to be in a safe environment with other Deaf amongst other Deaf and NOT have to deal with people like you...missioners of your kind who constantly harass Deaf in real life as well on forums?

has that ever crossed your small mind?

Here you had another wasted opportunity. A parent you could have reached out to promote bilingualism to, to get involved with other Deaf. But nah. Instead you drive off and left her with the impression that Deaf are unhinged and judgmental radicals incapable of looking at a situation objectively and without rationality.

we disagree here ambrosia,

as for being a radical,

im curious and others here are also interested.

besides product loyalty and religious conviction whats in this for you
?

Last edited:
WOW the woman just join yesterday and posted only once . This is really a shame , and I say I can't blame the mother if she keep her child away from the deaf culture from now on.

WOW the woman just join yesterday and posted only once . This is really a shame , and I say I can't blame the mother if she keep her child away from the deaf culture from now on.

not a shame at all

certainly not unique either..

here's the thing

discussion forums you will find all opinions...not just the opinions YOU want to see, or you agree with.

really if what this women stated was true i did her a favour..

not a shame at all

certainly not unique either..

here's the thing

discussion forums you will find all opinions...not just the opinions YOU want to see, or you agree with.

really if what this women stated was true i did her a favour..
This area of AD is for people to discuss HA & CIs hence title (Technology, Personal Experiences & Brands). While you are on a crusade can you bring any of that to the discussion? Some of us here are interested in the above mentioned subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back