26 states join Obama health care lawsuit in Fla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, workers are forced for decades to pay into Medicare, so I guess it's only fair to expect to get something out of it.

They don't want government interference with health care, then they need to be consistent. None of this, "for me, but not for you nonsense".

I'm going to try to avoid using Medicare. The VA tries to convert us to Medicare at age 65. :(

I admire the fact that you are consistent in word and action. Can find no flaws there.

That's OK; I got the purple concept. :)

That reminds me of another purple concept. The military school that I attended for journalism was an all-services, civilian/military, international school. Most of the students were from American military branches. The idea was that if you combined all the colors of all the military branches uniforms the color you would get is purple. So we were called a "purple" school.

My cube mate (we didn't have bedrooms, just cubicles divided by lockers) was creative and designed a mascot for the school. It had a purple body, and military chevrons and insignia for eyes, mouth, ears, etc. Maybe I'll post a picture later. :)

Sorry for being a tad off topic.

Interesting.

So you showed the thread to a bunch of people that don't know any more than you do. So? If you want to learn, show it to someone who knows more than you do.
Well, people are always saying I know more than my professors, but I figure they're just flattering me. Anyway, thanks for the compliment!

Well, people are always saying I know more than my professors, but I figure they're just flattering me. Anyway, thanks for the compliment!

You are correct. They are flattering you. As I said, ask one who knows more than you, not one who is in the same class and as lacking in knowledge as you. The first is called learning, the second is called an attempt to justify by using a biased source.

You are correct. They are flattering you. As I said, ask one who knows more than you, not one who is in the same class and as lacking in knowledge as you. The first is called learning, the second is called an attempt to justify by using a biased source.
Oh, I see what you're doing. You're using that sarcasm thing that you're really really experienced at, aren't ya?

Oh, I see what you're doing. You're using that sarcasm thing that you're really really experienced at, aren't ya?

Nope. That wasn't sarcasm. It was a blatant statement.

Nope. That wasn't sarcasm. It was a blatant statement.
Holy crap, you've been taking me seriously? You really think I'd show this thread to a class? You really think a professor would actually give me an A based on this thread? I've just been playing along!

You know what? I have a ball. Perhaps you'd like to bounce it.

Holy crap, you've been taking me seriously? You really think I'd show this thread to a class? You really think a professor would actually give me an A based on this thread? I've just been playing along!

I was gonna ask, where is the signup sheet for this class? :P

Nope, never believed anything of the kind. Your claims are what I was responding to. I never commented regarding the falsehood of what you were claiming. But thanks for admitting your dishonesty. Now everyone can look at your posts with a skeptical eye.

Nope, never believed anything of the kind. Your claims are what I was responding to. I never commented regarding the falsehood of what you were claiming. But thanks for admitting your dishonesty. Now everyone can look at your posts with a skeptical eye.
Sarcasm! Coupled with relativism! You can't take words literally now. It's part of the new rules.

They don't want government interference with health care, then they need to be consistent. None of this, "for me, but not for you nonsense".

we don't want the mandatory clause. it's better for government to focus on keeping medical cost more affordable.

He referrred to himself that way. I simply followed his lead. Scroll back.
He said "talk to" and you said "talk about". That's totally different.

we don't want the mandatory clause. it's better for government to focus on keeping medical cost more affordable.

The mandatory clause is a good portion of what will make reform effective in reducing costs. Unless everyone has insurance, society will continue to pay for the costs of the uninsured, and medical costs will continue to rise in order to make up the deficits created by the uninsured who receive treatment. In particular, treatment for catastrophic illness or unexpected injury that requires extensive and long term treatment.

I don't mind going off topic for tidbits like these. I would love to see the pic. :)
If I get home before too late I'll try to find it. If not tonight, maybe tomorrow. I've been keeping some long weird hours lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back