100,000 Bees Buzzing Inside Jacksonville Home

Matilda

Boxing Kangaroo "Jack"
Premium Member
Reaction score
Firstcoastnews.com | Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Brunswick | 'Bee Man' Finds 100,000 Bees Buzzing In Jacksonville Home

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- "I was like, Oh my God! Bees," recalled Jacksonville resident Lisa Hinson.

This sounds like a B-movie, but this one is the real thing.

"I haven't seen bees except on Winnie the Pooh," says Hinson's daughter.

Lisa Hinson and her daughter first saw the buzzing near a small vent three weeks ago.

"I called the bee man and he said the outside is nothing compared to what's on the inside," Hinson says.

"A seemingly gentle colony of bees can become killers, with simple provocation," says Richard Martyniak of All Florida Bee Removal.

He cooks up a bee smoker to relax the bees then jolts them as he cuts through the wall.

What emerges is even bigger than he suspected: a beehive seven feet high, holding 100,000 bees.

But it's just another day on the job for the bee man, leaving a happy bee-free family behind.

Firstcoastnews.com | Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Brunswick | 'Bee Man' Finds 100,000 Bees Buzzing In Jacksonville Home

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- "I was like, Oh my God! Bees," recalled Jacksonville resident Lisa Hinson.

This sounds like a B-movie, but this one is the real thing.

"I haven't seen bees except on Winnie the Pooh," says Hinson's daughter.

Lisa Hinson and her daughter first saw the buzzing near a small vent three weeks ago.

"I called the bee man and he said the outside is nothing compared to what's on the inside," Hinson says.

"A seemingly gentle colony of bees can become killers, with simple provocation," says Richard Martyniak of All Florida Bee Removal.

He cooks up a bee smoker to relax the bees then jolts them as he cuts through the wall.

What emerges is even bigger than he suspected: a beehive seven feet high, holding 100,000 bees.

But it's just another day on the job for the bee man, leaving a happy bee-free family behind.

Damn, that is some crazy shit! I think they made a movie about that years ago

After my run-in with yellow jackets a few years ago - Ive been afraid of anything with a needle sticking out of its ass.

Whoa, that is a lot of bees. Thanks god it not my home.

Back