Zvrs z20?

dolphlynn

Reaction score
Hi. Is it true the Z20 from ZVRS is out of stock and do not make it anymore? Is there anyone out there that doesn't use their Z20 anymore?

Hi. Is it true the Z20 from ZVRS is out of stock and do not make it anymore? Is there anyone out there that doesn't use their Z20 anymore?

Its hard to tell as I have seen a lot of people across the country basically saying that ZVRS is lying about everything. So......who knows.......

I had ZVRS Z-20 device and plus free iPad 2 (switched port) but, no longer free offer anymore. I guess next generation redesign videophone is coming soon or not.

Or.. buy your own iPad and iPhone. they have free Z5 app download from iTune store.

I had ZVRS Z-20 device and plus free iPad 2 (switched port) but, no longer free offer anymore. I guess next generation redesign videophone is coming soon or not.

Or.. buy your own iPad and iPhone. they have free Z5 app download from iTune store.

***ZVRS still offer free iPad but not the Z20...I prefer the Z20 for my office at home and also still get the free iPAD (my friend just did that 2 or 3 weeks ago) but Z20 is not available anymore :-/

***ZVRS still offer free iPad but not the Z20...I prefer the Z20 for my office at home and also still get the free iPAD (my friend just did that 2 or 3 weeks ago) but Z20 is not available anymore :-/

Yeah, I checked ZVRS website. no Z20 device shown. here's my snapshot at home. Also, I received a $25 gift card for switched port from VP-200 to Z20 device.

evo-dragon-albums-my-gadgets-picture6113-switched-port-sorenson-vrs-zvrs-z-20-device-plus-free-ipad-2-stand.jpg

Yeah, I checked ZVRS website. no Z20 device shown. here's my snapshot at home. Also, I received a $25 gift card for switched port from VP-200 to Z20 device.

evo-dragon-albums-my-gadgets-picture6113-switched-port-sorenson-vrs-zvrs-z-20-device-plus-free-ipad-2-stand.jpg

****So, is anyone not using their Z20? I'd love to get it off your hands :)

ZVRS stop give Z20 to customers due "off-shelf" FCC. Plus iPad is a LOT cheaper than Z-20. I am not sure about business. You can call to ZVRS tech support and question about business. I believe diehardbiker is correct about business.

ZVRS stop give Z20 to customers due "off-shelf" FCC. Plus iPad is a LOT cheaper than Z-20. I am not sure about business. You can call to ZVRS tech support and question about business. I believe diehardbiker is correct about business.

Source about FCC against Z20 for customer?

Z-20 is off shelve, FYI. Z don't make them, they bought it off from Cisco I think. Sorenson is the only company that makes their own VP.

Z-20 is off shelve, FYI. Z don't make them, they bought it off from Cisco I think. Sorenson is the only company that makes their own VP.

E-20 is not really off-shelve. Zvrs got E-20 from Cisco then ZVRS does custom firmware for Z-20. You can't add skype, tango, google voice, etc. So you think it is off-shelve? Not really.

For iPad, It's full iOS stock and don't change anything. Just add app as ZVRS, sorenson, skype, google voice,IP-relay, etc whatever. that's off shelve. It was about software, not just hardware. All in one are great idea and save money. People who have sorenson hardware, purple hardware, ZVRS hardware in one residential are waste of money and waste of network.

Cisco discontinued the VP E20 so why ZVRS didn't get more of those devices now. I heard they cost a thousand dollars each. iPads are cheaper like $200 to $600 depends on their storage capability or model.

I wish they could take in discontinued devices in exchange for iPads for discounted price or free.

Last edited:
Odd, Z20 works fine with Purple on two ways call. Z-20 can call to Sorensen but Sorensen can't call to Zvrs.

Z20 does not work well with either Sorensen and purple

not true. I have e20 aka z20. I can receive and send calls to sorenson ntouch,vp200, and other devices from other vrs's like purple p3 and smartvp no problem. The video is pretty good. Only thing I might notice is a little degradation of video quality on recieving from sorenson end only, but its crispy clear on the othere end due to video receiving encoding on e20.
I think they stopped z20 since not many vco users are asking for them. Also too many negative comments from others when switching to z20 instead of ipad like why handset? can I remove the handset? etc. Ipad is much more mobile and more viable and more sorenson users is willing to port only to ipad instead of z20.

I can say this about z20- its really a life saver when making calls to an automated voice call and need to go thru the options and its so much faster to input the choices on number keypad on e20 on your own and have better control in call.

not true. I have e20 aka z20. I can receive and send calls to sorenson ntouch,vp200, and other devices from other vrs's like purple p3 and smartvp no problem. The video is pretty good. Only thing I might notice is a little degradation of video quality on recieving from sorenson end only, but its crispy clear on the othere end due to video receiving encoding on e20.
I think they stopped z20 since not many vco users are asking for them. Also too many negative comments from others when switching to z20 instead of ipad like why handset? can I remove the handset? etc. Ipad is much more mobile and more viable and more sorenson users is willing to port only to ipad instead of z20.

I can say this about z20- its really a life saver when making calls to an automated voice call and need to go thru the options and its so much faster to input the choices on number keypad on e20 on your own and have better control in call.

Sad, it's true. My wife's ntouch from her work and can't call our z-20 at our home. We tried around each for almost six months. No luck. I called zvrs support and they blamed to soreson. Also she told me that she had a hard time to call to her customers who use z-20. No problem for purple and sorenson.

How you did that? Set port forward or DNS?

iPhone typed here and sorry about misspelling or whatever

no port forward on z20. everything in my home is static ip which I think is good practice. my other devices like vp200, ntouch, and smart vp uses port forward. However my router is setup to use openDNS so I can watch things on dashboard. This could help, but I dont think it solves much since its only a pointer for ip where to go. I suspect the issue could, ( I didnt say it is) be the work firewall settings.I dont work for sorenson so - I prefer not to advise you what to check at your wife's work but I'd take the ntouch home with you or try at friends house that is already setup for ntouch that is outside of work network port forward and try to call z20.

no port forward on z20. everything in my home is static ip which I think is good practice. my other devices like vp200, ntouch, and smart vp uses port forward. However my router is setup to use openDNS so I can watch things on dashboard. This could help, but I dont think it solves much since its only a pointer for ip where to go. I suspect the issue could, ( I didnt say it is) be the work firewall settings.I dont work for sorenson so - I prefer not to advise you what to check at your wife's work but I'd take the ntouch home with you or try at friends house that is already setup for ntouch that is outside of work network port forward and try to call z20.

OFC, I won't touch her networking and no point since her incoming works fine. I don't see anything wrong with her. I need figure it out how to solve a problem for our Z-20 at home. No wonder you use static IP which works fine. Not everyone have static IP. Maybe OpenDNS is other way.

Can you guide me for how to set up OpenDNS? I don't use it for almost four years. So I need relearn how to set it up again.

Back