Your thoughts please...

Mandamay28

Reaction score
First let me say that this thread is NOT meant for debate. I'm asking for your thoughts on this matter so I can make an informed decision.

My HOH son is 20 months old and has not received his MMR vaccine. I have done some research and just haven't been convinced that the 3/1 injection is the best for us. I'd happily give him the vaccine as single injections, a month apart but it is not available.

Because of his hearing loss, which is moderatly severe, I'm concerned that the MMR could cause him to loose his residual hearing. Deafness is a side effect of the MMR vaccine although it doesn't happen often.
He has also tested positive for food allergies.. including eggs.

His therapists would like him to begin school at age 3 so that he gets a "head start" and so we can mainstream him asap but the schools require the MMR... Not to mention we live in Orlando where there are A LOT of tourists which puts him in a higher risk for catching mumps, measles or rubella.

Very conflicted and looking for your thoughts and experiences.
TIA

If you really don't want to get it or need some more time to decide you can sign a waver saying it is against your religious beliefs.

You can die from those diseases. Nobody dies from deafness.

When I got my MMR shot in 7th grade I was sick for 2 weeks, even missed school. I am leary of vaccines. However they do their job and prevent those illnesses more often than harming the child. I intend to vaccinate my child with those vaccines that are required and nothing more. Call around to other places and see if anyone offers the singular vaccines?

Thanks for your thoughts. I've looking into the single vaccines and they are not available anymore :( I do not have religious beliefs preventing the immunization so I can't in good conscience make that claim. I'm leaning more to getting him vaccinated but waiting until he is 2.
Thanks again!

Back