Your summer flowers

Bottesini

Old Deaf Ranter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are pictures of a couple of interesting petunias that we are growing this summer.

If you have any flowers that you think are beautiful or unusual, please post a picture for me to see.

I can get ideas for next year.

These are called Picasso petunias.

wb6nnn.jpg

These are Phantom petunias.

2dace86.jpg

They're pretty, Bott.
I plant Impatiens (red & white) every year in the raised bed in front of the living room window. Plus 3 Caladiums. They're in the early stages right now, so not really picture worth yet.
I have a bunch of other plants that I planted last year and this year in my shady areas, but I have no idea what they are (just looked for things that would grow in partial sun/shade.
I'll try to remember to get picture later and post it.

I planted some gladiolas, poppies and mexican flowers. These are in the early stages of growing so pictures would be futile, but I'll try to remember to come back to this thread when the time is right.

No flowers in our yard at all. Three with extreme allergies prevent us from doing it. Besides, this heat and drought will kill them all. Neighbor has flowers all over, but she's out there watering them every day and puts up beach umbrellas for shade for them on the really bad days.

They're pretty, Bott.
I plant Impatiens (red & white) every year in the raised bed in front of the living room window. Plus 3 Caladiums. They're in the early stages right now, so not really picture worth yet.
I have a bunch of other plants that I planted last year and this year in my shady areas, but I have no idea what they are (just looked for things that would grow in partial sun/shade.
I'll try to remember to get picture later and post it.

I planted some gladiolas, poppies and mexican flowers. These are in the early stages of growing so pictures would be futile, but I'll try to remember to come back to this thread when the time is right.

That would be great . I hope you both remember.

No flowers in our yard at all. Three with extreme allergies prevent us from doing it. Besides, this heat and drought will kill them all. Neighbor has flowers all over, but she's out there watering them every day and puts up beach umbrellas for shade for them on the really bad days.

Sorry about your allergies. Do you decorate the yard at all?

Sorry about your allergies. Do you decorate the yard at all?

Not really. there are some hedges and trees, but that's about all. We may try somethings after we get our house built and don't have to deal with MIL.

Impatiens & Caladiums

Dahlias

Cat Mint

No clue (planted it last year)

My sideyard

Love the phantom, Bott. However, I never plant petunias because it was my job as a kid to go around and pick the withered blooms off the plants...and my mom had petunia beds EVERYWHERE!:P

Shoot, I was just happy to finally get my yard mowed for the first time in 6 weeks because this is the first day we have not had rain.

Love the phantom, Bott. However, I never plant petunias because it was my job as a kid to go around and pick the withered blooms off the plants...and my mom had petunia beds EVERYWHERE!:P

Shoot, I was just happy to finally get my yard mowed for the first time in 6 weeks because this is the first day we have not had rain.

I love petunias and roses. My stepmother liked neatly manicured hedges, and of course it was my job to trim them to box shape.

So in adulthood, I rebel, and have a yard that is not so regimented. And my stepmother actually admires my creativity!

She brought my husband some vintage flower variety seeds today, so she is even getting into the spirit.

I love petunias and roses. My stepmother liked neatly manicured hedges, and of course it was my job to trim them to box shape.

So in adulthood, I rebel, and have a yard that is not so regimented. And my stepmother actually admires my creativity!

She brought my husband some vintage flower variety seeds today, so she is even getting into the spirit.

My father was the rose gardener in our family. He even went so far as to graft two to make his own colors. I think petunias look beautiful, but I go into traumatic shock at the thought of putting them in my yard. I have snap dragons, pansies, violas, and lavender.

Nice pictures. Is it possible what you call calladium, is coleus to me?

I think so. I can never remember what they're called...just know they start with a C and look like elephant ears. I remember them from my childhood (in the south) and decided a few years ago to try growing them up here since they were available at the nursery.

Later this summer the impatiens will have taken over the whole flower bed, but the other plants will be tall enough by then to still be seen.

I willhave to post pics of my flowers...if I can figure out how to import them from my new phone.

Some of them havent bloom yet. some of them i forget what name of flowers were. I only picked the flowers and point at where they need to be planted by my hub's doing it. :lol: I took a few pictures of them. I have more bushes or flowers havent bloom yet that i have not take pictures. I am slowly learning about the garden.

sbj711.jpg

Iris
a3frli.jpg

butterfly weed (not yet fully and bloom)
308xiq8.jpg

peony bush (not yet fully and bloom)
2h33olh.jpg

I forget
mj4oro.jpg

I willhave to post pics of my flowers...if I can figure out how to import them from my new phone.

Easiest way might be to send the pictures to your email account and then download from your email.

More flowers/bushes
i know they need to be cleaning up such as pulling out the weeds and make clean the dirts. I am not sure if we have black eyed susan, thistles and some wild flowers that i forget. Mostly of them are not blooming.
2vd32c7.jpg

29vgbir.jpg

nlomlw.jpg

2zs19vl.jpg

Some of them havent bloom yet. some of them i forget what name of flowers were. I only picked the flowers and point at where they need to be planted by my hub's doing it. :lol: I took a few pictures of them. I have more bushes or flowers havent bloom yet that i have not take pictures. I am slowly learning about the garden.

sbj711.jpg
Impatiens?

Iris
a3frli.jpg
That is beautiful!

butterfly weed (not yet fully and bloom)I haven't heard of that one.
308xiq8.jpg

peony bush (not yet fully and bloom)
2h33olh.jpg

I forget
mj4oro.jpg
Carnation?

I really love that purple and yellow iris!

The first one red flowers tha I am not sure. impatiens sounds right to me.

The last one, the light purple flowers are firewitch dianthus clavelina firewitch. I got it from the in laws for the mothers day. :)

The butterfly weed, I got it from my old interpreter 16 years ago. I brought it from washington dc to NY. hehe Butterfly weed can survive in the pot. this looks like a
butterfly%20weed.jpg

me too I like iris. I like any colors.

I have some flowers bloom for spring theyare not much. summer flowers are plenty!

I was going to say the first picture looked like impatiens. They're my favorite because they're hardy.

Back