Your opinion about Oregon

I had been visited at Oregon in many times because my sister lives at Portland. She and her husband own hi rise condo at Portland downtown and vacation condo in Sunriver near Bend. I love Sunriver resort with pine trees, rivers and golf course. Oregon has no sales tax. But I never go deaf communities since western deaf timberfest last 20 years ago. I will plan to go to Oregon this July for my family reunion to stay Sunriver resort!

Awesome, have fun there this summer. :)

It would be best to visit Portland during DeafNation, you would have occupation to meet deaf and find more information on have deaf group meet up.

I have been visit Portland for many years where my 2 siblings live there. I barely seen deaf group. Then I tried setup temp deaf social event at the cafe. Very few show up, they're very nice and hippy. I don't hear from them lately. That's okay.

Yeah, lot of hippies in Oregon from what I've heard. I did go to deaf expo in Portland but didn't meet any Oregon deafies. They were busy chatting with their own friends. I went there with my friends from Washington state.

I would rather to live in Oregon than Iowa. Oregon is beautiful, plenty of hiking/camping spots, Portland is nice city, very down to earth vibe.

Agreed!!!

Lots of natural beauty in Oregon. Oregon coast beaches are great not real warm though. Lotsa rain on the west side from Grants Pass on up. If you go in August you are in the heat wave and don't know it rains until it gets tired and then rains some more about half the time. A lot of different climates around the state. Portland is okay it is a cheaper big city and has lots to do if you like the city. They are a state income tax state and romp you pretty hard with all that. It is an easy place to fall in love with. The recession clobbered them hard there. The Portland Airport is a good one.

How bad they will tax you in Oregon with a paycheck? I think I probably won't bring home much money, ha.

Nice place. Story of two states really; dry east, wet west. Love the coast.

Yup. :)

Oh right, I forget that I saw you brief at DeafNation in Portland. Bah, then it's confirm, there is BS deaf community in Portland then. Busy puff the pot at Vancouver. :lol:

Oh right, I forget that I saw you brief at DeafNation in Portland. Bah, then it's confirm, there is BS deaf community in Portland then. Busy puff the pot at Vancouver. :lol:

Yeah, I guess they don't want to social with newcomers rather their own group of friends. Vancouver do have lot of druggie deafies and that's probably why there is a rehabilation center for deaf in Vancouver.

My dad has been living in Oregon for 7 years, and while it is definately cheap to live, the biggest question is can u endure the 3/4 of year rain and fog and overcast? My dad is now depressed and is looking to move back to ca. I'd suggest you visit and get a taste before deciding. There is one of the highest suicide rate there in the country.. due to depression from weather ..

My dad has been living in Oregon for 7 years, and while it is definately cheap to live, the biggest question is can u endure the 3/4 of year rain and fog and overcast? My dad is now depressed and is looking to move back to ca. I'd suggest you visit and get a taste before deciding. There is one of the highest suicide rate there in the country.. due to depression from weather ..

Haha, I lived in Washington state for 10 years and I already know what it is like there. I saw a billiten board in Seattle with hotline for suicide attempters.

I would rather to live in Oregon than Iowa. Oregon is beautiful, plenty of hiking/camping spots, Portland is nice city, very down to earth vibe.

What???? Aren't you on my Facebook? :P I put up a picture of our snowstorm this morning!

Iowa has the most interesting weather. :)

Grimm is based in Portland, and as we all know there is lots of truth in fiction, so there are probably lots of Wesen running loose in Portland...

Wesen? What's this.

Grimm is an NBC show. The Wesen are humans that turn to semi animal forms, like BlutBad= werewolf, and a locksmith that has an owl's head.

It is fanciful and the Grimm is a person who traditionally hunted them down. It's been renewed for the third season, and is my favorite show of the moment.

Grimm is an NBC show. The Wesen are humans that turn to semi animal forms, like BlutBad= werewolf, and a locksmith that has an owl's head.

It is fanciful and the Grimm is a person who traditionally hunted them down. It's been renewed for the third season, and is my favorite show of the moment.

Weird show.

Weird show.

True , and I have been trying to convince my husband Portland would be an ideal retirement spot as I am certain Grimm needs a deaf , wheelchair using extra.

:D But it will probably be cancelled by then anyway!

My dad has been living in Oregon for 7 years, and while it is definately cheap to live, the biggest question is can u endure the 3/4 of year rain and fog and overcast? My dad is now depressed and is looking to move back to ca. I'd suggest you visit and get a taste before deciding. There is one of the highest suicide rate there in the country.. due to depression from weather ..[/QUOTE]

Hmm, it never bothers me...I don't mind the misty and wet weather most of the time (forests need a lot of rain to avoid wildfires) it does not depress me in any way.

What???? Aren't you on my Facebook? :P I put up a picture of our snowstorm this morning!

Iowa has the most interesting weather. :)

Ahh, wow snowing in Iowa? Colorado (not surprised to me 'cause snowy mountains - Rocky Mountains always have snow surfaces all year) and Kansas and now Iowa? I wonder will it snow eastbound to Illinois? Lol.

I'm currently in Oregon and here is a couple of pics of Mt Bachelor. :)

Well, Oregon is beautiful state, been there. But one Deaf woman really really really scares shyt out of me and I am not sure if I wanted to set my foot on state of Oregon even though statute of limitation has been long passed.

The rest, I don't know much really. Sorry buddy couldn't be of help.

Avoiding a whole state for one woman? She must have been a real rabbit cooker.

Whenever she sees me, she will run to the cop and accusing me for harassment and stalking. Making up stories that aren't real. UNREAL! Its too bad that I never had chance to check the rest out. She terrifies me too much and I think it has to do with her past divorce, I really don't know whats her problem was.

I am excited to go to Oregon!

I am excited to go to Oregon. My family live there. Grandmother, Grandfather, Uncle, and cousins live there. Also, I shop there because of there are no sales tax. I want to meet deaf people in Oregon. :P

Back