Your Mobile Carrier's Data Cap

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
You've only got 2GB of mobile data to play with before you go broke or get throttled. You learn how to avoid charge $10/1 GB overage and read links

How To Never Bust Through Your Smartphone's Data Cap Again

You don't take too much to use any VRS mobile. You can check usage on your carrier's app,

Mine is unlimited Blackberry data. I do have data meter on my Blackberry so it's handy to keep an eye on data usage, when I'm on international global roaming during oversea vacation.

But using normal internet data for youtube videos... is $2 per mb. :eek3:

I don't watch youtube on Blackberry unless my Blackberry is connected on wifi.

1GB on my Android phone. I use WiFi whenever I can though, as that isn't limited.

I use wifi where I can even though I have unlimited data. This way I won't get throttled.

So far I have not received any notification from Verizon on 'abuse' of the unlimited data plan. I haven't looked at my actual data usage, but I figure its probably around 300MB. The only way to 'abuse' it is if you deliberately watched videos all day on your phone on 3G, thats the amount it would take I would think.

My cellphone does not count of bandwith usages, they're unlimited data services either WiFi or 3G..

Seriously you are spoilt, I have an add-on pack that gives me 200mb per month! :-(

I have Sprint plan. I use network and browser often but didn't keep eyes on amount of Data I used. I do watch Netflix on EVO with WiFi turned on. Because 3G network cause video to pause to buffer every now and then.

Catty

I have Sprint plan. I use network and browser often but didn't keep eyes on amount of Data I used. I do watch Netflix on EVO with WiFi turned on. Because 3G network cause video to pause to buffer every now and then.

Catty

Really? My iphone 4 is very smooth netflix thru 3G depend on coverage but most coverages are great, Thanks to VZ.

I no longer use Netflix they were overcharging me. Anyway, I just download movies from iTunes and watch them if and only if I will be waiting somewhere for a long time.

I have a flex plan, My phone bill has never been above $80 with it.
Before I found out about it, my bill was always over $120

I have unlimited and it's useless when I reach pretty much as 700MB. I believe that at&t offer the low cost for 200MB which is stupid.

Back