Your Blood Type Can Attracts Mosquitoes

I went to visit some friends in Maine and had my daughter with me , we where all outside talking and the blackflies started come out. They where going after my friends and daughter like crazy and my friend looked at me and he said "The bugs are not touching you !" He and his wife and my daughter where getting eaten alive . I told my friend that I eat a lot of garlic and took yeast tablets everyday and that helps keep the bugs away.

Ive never had issues with flies, just damn skeeters eating me alive, worst torture anyone could go through...Death by Millions of skeeters.

Ive never had issues with flies, just damn skeeters eating me alive, worst torture anyone could go through...Death by Millions of skeeters.

Blackflies are very small flies that bite and some people are allergic to the bites . My mom and I went to my younger sister high school graduation in Maine and mom was bitten on the back of her neck by a blackfly and we thought nothing of it. The next day half her face was swollen and poor mom was so upset looking like a freak on her daughter high school graduation .She had to get a shot . Blackflies where called June bugs b/c they only came out in June but when most of barn swallows where killed off the blackflies had no natural predators. This is what someone from Maine told me years ago and I never checked it out to see how true it's.

Blackflies are very small flies that bite and some people are allergic to the bites . My mom and I went to my younger sister high school graduation in Maine and mom was bitten on the back of her neck by a blackfly and we thought nothing of it. The next day half her face was swollen and poor mom was so upset looking like a freak on her daughter high school graduation .She had to get a shot . Blackflies where called June bugs b/c they only came out in June but when most of barn swallows where killed off the blackflies had no natural predators. This is what someone from Maine told me years ago and I never checked it out to see how true it's.

Only flies Ive been bitten by that hurts like hell is Horse Flies. Knats and house flies just annoy the hell out of you flying in your face and all...lol

Only flies Ive been bitten by that hurts like hell is Horse Flies. Knats and house flies just annoy the hell out of you flying in your face and all...lol

We have greenhead flies out here and they carry a fork and knife , it so feel that way when they bite. My poor daughter had blood pour down her neck when she was attacked greenhead flies , I had to get her into my car fast. She was young and I guess very tasty . :(

When riding a bike, I cant see how they keep up with you... Ive only had the issue with flies when sitting still. Wind and movement usually keeps them at bay since you scent blows away and they have to hunt for you...
Certain soaps ( perfumes used) attracts bugs as well ( including bees )
using unscented soaps helps. Hunters us dirt scented soaps...works wonders.

Well, I was near the beach, and like the posts above talking about large flies, I've had a couple buzz in front of me just as I was starting to move. That itself is annoying, but other than that, not much, unless I happen to be passing garbage bins/dumpsters, then yes, and there are plenty of those around here.

Well, I was near the beach, and like the posts above talking about large flies, I've had a couple buzz in front of me just as I was starting to move. That itself is annoying, but other than that, not much, unless I happen to be passing garbage bins/dumpsters, then yes, and there are plenty of those around here.

Dumpster diving will do it....stay out...lol

Dumpster diving will do it....stay out...lol

No need. Those garbage trucks I pass are smelly enough, thanks. The scent is unpleasant on the nose. I try to avoid even getting near them things, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Back