XBGMER - I need your helppppp.... re. 8320

Canuckian_Chick

Reaction score
XBGMER,

I need all your help, I got the 8320 but umm.. unlocked one, I'm having trouble why once I'm out of my house, the wi-fi will be grayish and the EDGE would be in lowercase grrr., I can't send out any emails or messages grrr.. I love it but the wi-fi and edge is giving me a headache... should the wifi when it's only with a green circle with checkmark or red dots??

Thanks for your help... smile

When you leave your house (and your WiFi) your BB Curve will no longer be connected to your WiFi. Your WiFi is good for up to half a mile, but of course, the further you are, the weaker the signal. As for your lower case edge rather than EDGE - it sounds like it's "stuck" and needs to have the battery taken out and put back in for a "cold boot". If it has lower case edge, that means only the phone works - you can send sms text but not data. Try taking the battery out and back in and see if that helps.

XBGMER,

I need all your help, I got the 8320 but umm.. unlocked one, I'm having trouble why once I'm out of my house, the wi-fi will be grayish and the EDGE would be in lowercase grrr., I can't send out any emails or messages grrr.. I love it but the wi-fi and edge is giving me a headache... should the wifi when it's only with a green circle with checkmark or red dots??

Thanks for your help... smile
Canuckian_Chick, I did not come here in general chat that much often. I checked this somehow, You grabbed my attetion by topic " xbgmer...." ha You should post into deaf tech instead of this.

Anyway, congrats you got 8320! ;) I read your post about issue seems had my exact experince before. I did solved my curve for long ago, whew! ha.. please be remember "patience". you don't have upset about it. Yes it is little bit complicate bewteen wifi and small cap "edge" on curve. I strongly believe that connection issues, or sometime swtich connection issue. But I like to ask you question: when your curve turn on wifi, you can receive and send by email? Did you update OS? Did you send register now by HRT?

Screen>> option>> mobile network or wifi connection by your selections.

Or

Screen>> Manage Connections>> mobile network option/and wifi option which both you make sure the setting correct!

manageconnectionyj1.png

You make sure your carrier on mobile network
wificonnectionbc7.png

^Wifi connection
connectionwifi2tn6.png

^Connection

I can answer you asap

When you leave your house (and your WiFi) your BB Curve will no longer be connected to your WiFi. Your WiFi is good for up to half a mile, but of course, the further you are, the weaker the signal. As for your lower case edge rather than EDGE - it sounds like it's "stuck" and needs to have the battery taken out and put back in for a "cold boot". If it has lower case edge, that means only the phone works - you can send sms text but not data. Try taking the battery out and back in and see if that helps.
^^Co-sign

i've taken the battery and reboot so many times.. grrrr

tanks for the heads up.. I guess it's a pain in the butt of what's the dang point having wifi... grrr thanks

Canuckian_Chick, I did not come here in general chat that much often. I checked this somehow, You grabbed my attetion by topic " xbgmer...." ha You should post into deaf tech instead of this.

Anyway, congrats you got 8320! ;) I read your post about issue seems had my exact experince before. I did solved my curve for long ago, whew! ha.. please be remember "patience". you don't have upset about it. Yes it is little bit complicate bewteen wifi and small cap "edge" on curve. I strongly believe that connection issues, or sometime swtich connection issue. But I like to ask you question: when your curve turn on wifi, you can receive and send by email? Did you update OS? Did you send register now by HRT?

Or

Screen>> Manage Connections>> mobile network option/and wifi option which both you make sure the setting correct!

manageconnectionyj1.png

wificonnectionbc7.png

^Wifi connection
connectionwifi2tn6.png

^Connection

I can answer you asap

^^Co-sign

awww... you miss me??? lol well have been darn busy with my online medical course and blahh blahh...

why none for wi-fi connection??

OS is the 4.3 beta at the moment (grrr)

all the things you told me... I've done it all.. smile grrr

one other problem is that local Ip address has a .102 at the end instead of .100

msg me if you can, I'm hardly am here, took me awhile to find this post... okay dokey!! :)

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to the proper location. :)

awww... you miss me??? lol well have been darn busy with my online medical course and blahh blahh...

why none for wi-fi connection??

OS is the 4.3 beta at the moment (grrr)

all the things you told me... I've done it all.. smile grrr

one other problem is that local Ip address has a .102 at the end instead of .100

msg me if you can, I'm hardly am here, took me awhile to find this post... okay dokey!! :)
Let this me clear:

1. you purchase the curve itself included unlock already?

2. You using Unlocked 8320 (tmobile) on roger, is that right?

3. If your curve is tmobile, you must degrade from 4.3 to 4.2 (tmobile os). sorry.

4. Ip address? whoa.. Did you modify ip address? If so, Ahh tough! my curve's Ip address show me "0.0.0.0" without modify as default, thats strange. anyway I suggest you calling roger and ask them what's IP provide for curve's ip address?

the TCP and APN settings <-- give a try

WiFi on BlackBerrys- General Questions <--FAQ will answer your issues. (hope it helpful)

Let this me clear:

1. you purchase the curve itself included unlock already? YES

2. You using Unlocked 8320 (tmobile) on roger, is that right? YES

3. If your curve is tmobile, you must degrade from 4.3 to 4.2 (tmobile os). sorry. Oh really, my g/f has 4.5 now on hers unlocked on. I will put it back to 4.2 smile.. maybe that's why..

4. Ip address? whoa.. Did you modify ip address? If so, Ahh tough! my curve's Ip address show me "0.0.0.0" without modify as default, thats strange. anyway I suggest you calling roger and ask them what's IP provide for curve's ip address oh would it have come from the router wouldn't it??
why yours is 0.0.0.?? grrrr is there a way to put it as that, maybe cause I'm out of the country??

the TCP and APN settings <-- give a try

WiFi on BlackBerrys- General Questions <--FAQ will answer your issues. (hope it helpful)

I'll be right back.. thanks for your help.. whoohoo. you have your own website, that's awesome.... oh darn it I miss the contest lol.. smile

I did put in the TCP settings as you quoted... what does it suppose to do?? :)

also, I noticed that first thing in the morning it'll be lowercase edge.. if I take the battery out, it'll be in caps.. grrr..

thanks again,

ps... wouldn't it be better if we get connected like msn or yahoo to sort this out step by step?? lol smile thank this tagging on alldeaf.. lol.. smile :)

I did put in the TCP settings as you quoted... what does it suppose to do?? :)

Good! you setting it up done. leave the setting that way for can talk on IM and email channel by TCP.

also, I noticed that first thing in the morning it'll be lowercase edge.. if I take the battery out, it'll be in caps.. grrr..

thats very strange.. Like I said, strongly believe that connection or swtich connection isuess.

thanks again,

ps... wouldn't it be better if we get connected like msn or yahoo to sort this out step by step?? lol smile thank this tagging on alldeaf.. lol.. smile :)

Yes true, I can't pm you, because you put the block all. I respect that.

you did not answer my question is your email or IM can receive and send via WiFi? If your email or IM did not receive and sending. One thing, I suspect your unlocked code is problem or something wrong. I suggest you check IMEI #

you did not answer my question is your email or IM can receive and send via WiFi? If your email or IM did not receive and sending. One thing, I suspect your unlocked code is problem or something wrong. I suggest you check IMEI #

only edge at the moment when I sent emails in and out no problems..

IM's via JiveTalk, Facebook all under WIFI

IMEI in the battery compartment??

Also, why does it show up Wlan with a number as well as MAc which I do not have a mac?? (explain?)

I will be going out tomorrow to take in my car for maintenance.. and test it myself.. and will let you know smile

sorry, for confusing ya... it's been a long long week for me... dog had her eye surgery, i'm cramming for exam on Tuesday after handing in two big last min assignments in... ekkkk...

Or

manageconnectionyj1.png

wificonnectionbc7.png

^Wifi connection
connectionwifi2tn6.png

^Connection

I can answer you asap

^^Co-sign

Wow :jaw:... Seem you re expert and can copy it *pictures? :thumb:

lol it's the bbshooter (i think like screenprint on bb) software, it's really neat which I haven't done yet until I get this darn business over with.. ...

well that's what my settings are... I was at three different rogers place... dang you would think they do know anything about it?? NOT!!! the last one told me that best to wipe it all out and restart it again... grrr..

I don't even know the steps for that as I guess I'll have to do a backup then restore the OS 4.2 not 4.3 which I don't understand cause my g/f has same device and she's at 4.5 and is working for her.. grrrrr... it's frustrating when you can't contact your mom while out of the house.. grrr

So I would like xmberger or anyone to give me the steps before I screw it up anymore ... lol..

thanks in advance... :)

Also, I noticed that the "manage connection" i have both mobile network and wi-fi on but as I see that you have T-mobile beside the mobile network which I don't have anything beside it..

are you saying I to select - NONE for 'Active wi-fi connection?? for what reason??

I need to get this done tonight it's driving me bananas for a week now... don't pity me lol.. smile

only edge at the moment when I sent emails in and out no problems..

IM's via JiveTalk, Facebook all under WIFI

IMEI in the battery compartment??

Also, why does it show up Wlan with a number as well as MAc which I do not have a mac?? (explain?)

I will be going out tomorrow to take in my car for maintenance.. and test it myself.. and will let you know smile

sorry, for confusing ya... it's been a long long week for me... dog had her eye surgery, i'm cramming for exam on Tuesday after handing in two big last min assignments in... ekkkk...
You mention that everything going very well with sending and receiving.

Nevermind about unlock code issues.

Now thats what I always suspect the connection issues/ swtich connection issues. thats problem what I try to figure out..

mystatusum5.png

^^Mystatues^^

Phillp, you can download it by my blog. See "blackberry tool" >> Download Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry / Mobiletop: or you can download it from JL_Cmder JavaLoader Utility I thought that give links out, so You can copy it as screenshoot via USB by PC.

lol it's the bbshooter (i think like screenprint on bb) software, it's really neat which I haven't done yet until I get this darn business over with.. ...

well that's what my settings are... I was at three different rogers place... dang you would think they do know anything about it?? NOT!!! the last one told me that best to wipe it all out and restart it again... grrr..

I don't even know the steps for that as I guess I'll have to do a backup then restore the OS 4.2 not 4.3 which I don't understand cause my g/f has same device and she's at 4.5 and is working for her.. grrrrr... it's frustrating when you can't contact your mom while out of the house.. grrr

So I would like xmberger or anyone to give me the steps before I screw it up anymore ... lol..

thanks in advance... :)
Chic, Yes you should have back up/restore before you delete or upgrade version OS. thats what I did update OS after the back up /restore for in case.

Also, I noticed that the "manage connection" i have both mobile network and wi-fi on but as I see that you have T-mobile beside the mobile network which I don't have anything beside it..

are you saying I to select - NONE for 'Active wi-fi connection?? for what reason??

I need to get this done tonight it's driving me bananas for a week now... don't pity me lol.. smile
Remember that Tmobile did not release with 4.5 OS yet. You must downloading it from different carrier's software.

I am curious where you get 4.5 OS version?

You mention that everything going very well with sending and receiving.

Nevermind about unlock code issues.

Now thats what I always suspect the connection issues/ swtich connection issues. thats problem what I try to figure out..

mystatusum5.png

^^Mystatues^^

Phillp, you can download it by my blog. See "blackberry tool" >> Download Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry / Mobiletop: or you can download it from JL_Cmder JavaLoader Utility I thought that give links out, so You can copy it as screenshoot via USB by PC.

Chic, Yes you should have back up/restore before you delete or upgrade version OS. thats what I did update OS after the back up /restore for in case.

Remember that Tmobile did not release with 4.5 OS yet. You must downloading it from different carrier's software.

I am curious where you get 4.5 OS version?

HI again, I think I got it to work now... me and girlfriend decide to wipe it out since I already had a backup.. so far so good, wait till I go out tomorrow to test.. I think it was the connection problem all along.. whew... wait and see.. crossing my fingers and toes..

I think the 4.5 OS was from Crackberry site as she has it on her bb now.. I'll ask my g/f when she's at home tomorrow to look after her daughter and will let you know smile :)

another question, to d/l music or videos onto the bb?? the steps to do it?? I guess I'll have to get the songs from Itunes... let me know...

your IP won't show if you aren't on wi-fi correct?? or always?? well mine is there but with both edge and wifi so I have to wait and see how it goes when I am out of range .... I can't do it at work grr... IT policy.... eekkk wishing I can browse via wifi at work, but it looks like they've blocked everyone to not to use their cellphone alot.. grr.. wait and see..

HI again, I think I got it to work now... me and girlfriend decide to wipe it out since I already had a backup.. so far so good, wait till I go out tomorrow to test.. I think it was the connection problem all along.. whew... wait and see.. crossing my fingers and toes..
:applause: , :dance2: , & :fingersx:

I think the 4.5 OS was from Crackberry site as she has it on her bb now.. I'll ask my g/f when she's at home tomorrow to look after her daughter and will let you know smile :)
Hey, don't take any rush, Because I am not rush of moment! just take your time, please... Thanks.

another question, to d/l music or videos onto the bb?? the steps to do it?? I guess I'll have to get the songs from Itunes... let me know...
Oh absolutely yes! you can d/l music on BB. But you mentioned that you want to get d/l music from itune- I have no idea if it work on bb. just give a try.

Video? I suggest you go to check good site: Neuros MPEG4 Recorder 2 Technical Specifications | Neuros Technology, This is where the Neuros MPEG4 Video Recorder (store link) comes in. This little device is really a mini DVR or VCR that can record DVD’s, TIVO programs and even live TV onto a portable media card. Once recorded, you transfer the media file to device and you have video content with you at all times. It sounds great – but, how does it work? Pretty darn well.

Good Luck

your IP won't show if you aren't on wi-fi correct?? or always?? well mine is there but with both edge and wifi so I have to wait and see how it goes when I am out of range .... I can't do it at work grr... IT policy.... eekkk wishing I can browse via wifi at work, but it looks like they've blocked everyone to not to use their cellphone alot.. grr.. wait and see..
I correct you that I amn't on wifi. You can use bb via wifi at your work, unfortunately they put the block all random ip address to access. They fear that random can hack if someone access it.

Yeah, let me know how it going out soon. good luck! :fingersx:

:applause: , :dance2: , & :fingersx:

Hey, don't take any rush, Because I am not rush of moment! just take your time, please... Thanks.

I will get into it, when I talk to her, smile it's not a rush smile

Oh absolutely yes! you can d/l music on BB. But you mentioned that you want to get d/l music from itune- I have no idea if it work on bb. just give a try.

Well I wasn't sure if there's other places I could d/l music onto the bb (roxio)

Video? I suggest you go to check good site: Neuros MPEG4 Recorder 2 Technical Specifications | Neuros Technology, This is where the Neuros MPEG4 Video Recorder (store link) comes in. This little device is really a mini DVR or VCR that can record DVD’s, TIVO programs and even live TV onto a portable media card. Once recorded, you transfer the media file to device and you have video content with you at all times. It sounds great – but, how does it work? Pretty darn well.

Oh you've use this?? sounds good smile, thanks

Good Luck

I correct you that I amn't on wifi. You can use bb via wifi at your work, unfortunately they put the block all random ip address to access. They fear that random can hack if someone access it.

no I meant to use my wifi from home at work, can't that be done?? what about the hotspots - how does that work, I'm not even so sure how to set that up or what to do smile.. steps by steps will be awesome..thanks again for your help...

Yeah, let me know how it going out soon. good luck! :fingersx:

by the way, your bb website is AWESOME!!!! do you know about operamini is awesome too on the bb... I like it cause you can pinpoint areas on your page where you can zoom in... smile.. I'm gonna try the bbshooter... ( I know I know, one step at a time, smile... too excited)

Back