WWII stories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcman1996

Reaction score
You can post stories about WWII, I am full of WWII knowledge... and have watched so many episodes of WWII on the History Channel...

Greatest Naval battle (Pacific Theater) Battle of Midway, June 1942 and was the turning point in the war, against the Imperial Navy... :bowdown:

I'm more of interested in weapon technology they used in any wars.... and also the clever strategies used to win the battles

I'm more of interested in weapon technology they used in any wars.

From the time Roger Bacon released the secret of gunpoweder to Europe, the history of weapons has been the history of the western world.

My service specialty was small arms weaponry. When I entered the service, the M1 Garand, M1 carbine, and M1911A1 where chief individual weapons. In the next decade, the changes brought several changes in combat tactics.

From the time Roger Bacon released the secret of gunpoweder to Europe, the history of weapons has been the history of the western world.

My service specialty was small arms weaponry. When I entered the service, the M1 Garand, M1 carbine, and M1911A1 where chief individual weapons. In the next decade, the changes brought several changes in combat tactics.

Me.. In WWII, There was the popular Thompson sub machine gun, and the 1903-A Springfield rifle, but the deadliest submachine gun in WWII, belonged to the Germans, who had the MG-42, and soldiers feared that gun.. You could hear that thing ROAR as far as 1.7 miles away... Nasty sucker!

Me.. In WWII, There was the popular Thompson sub machine gun, and the 1903-A Springfield rifle, but the deadliest submachine gun in WWII, belonged to the Germans, who had the MG-42, and soldiers feared that gun.. You could hear that thing ROAR as far as 1.7 miles away... Nasty sucker!

fortunately.... they cannot continuously spray MG-42 otherwise the barrel will blow up due to overheating and they have limited ammo

fortunately.... they cannot continuously spray MG-42 otherwise the barrel will blow up due to overheating and they have limited ammo

Yep, I know that.. The Germans had to constantly change the barrels, and reload, but that sucker is so deadly, Hell they unloaded that shit, on Normandy, and that roaring MG 42 really killed a lot of our soldiers trying to get to the beach...

Ever watch Saving Private Ryan, or The Longest Day, Just shows how lethal the MG 42 was... on June 6th 1944, Hell they had the big 88's in the pill boxes but it really didn't nail much... cuz our 5,000 boats were well out of range... But still the 82nd and 101st Airborne got scattered to hell, but at least we whupped their asses, that day....

Yep, I know that.. The Germans had to constantly change the barrels, and reload, but that sucker is so deadly, Hell they unloaded that shit, on Normandy, and that roaring MG 42 really killed a lot of our soldiers trying to get to the beach...

Ever watch Saving Private Ryan, or The Longest Day, Just shows how lethal the MG 42 was... on June 6th 1944, Hell they had the big 88's in the pill boxes but it really didn't nail much... cuz our 5,000 boats were well out of range... But still the 82nd and 101st Airborne got scattered to hell, but at least we whupped their asses, that day....

thanks god NAZI reallocated most of their defense to south of Normandy Beach... they fall for Allies' decoy. otherwise..... they would never be able to win Normandy if Nazi's defense was at full capacity.

thanks god NAZI reallocated most of their defense to south of Normandy Beach... they fall for Allies' decoy. otherwise..... they would never be able to win Normandy if Nazi's defense was at full capacity.

Uh, you forgot the reserve Panzer divisions, were not mobilized, because Rommel was visiting his wife for her birthday, and the Fuherer, was asleep, and gave strict order not to wake him up.... but they had some defenses at Normandy, but most of it was held back inland..

Now Hitler wasn't very bright... as to military strategy... His own mistakes befell him, and lost the war, cuz he spent too much time ranting and raving, and wanting world dominance...

Worse... the weather, was to our advantage... and our arrival, was just plum too late for the Germans to counter-attack...

Thank you Ike Eisenhower... for a brilliant surprise attack on the Germans!

interesting details.... didn't know that

yea i love to watch band of brother! it is very good example of ww2

yea it is very interesting about ww2 stories..

my grandfather was in pacific war against japan.. he stayed at guaduical island.. all 4 years..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back