WTF Hearing aids are worth more than their weight in than gold!

Allright, listen up everyone...

Hearing....It is NOT worth $8k! My god, people.. Eight thousand to hear noise? I know this is going to offend some of you and I'm sorry but this is unfuckingbelievable..

Hearing....It is NOT worth $8k! My god, people.. Eight thousand to hear noise? I know this is going to offend some of you and I'm sorry but this is unfuckingbelievable..

You not a big fan of econ 101 huh. :P

Tell that same thing to other tech objects that are going on. Why do people pay $200+ more for a white iPhone? Dumb example, but there are plenty more where it came from. It's all tech politics.

I'd say it'd be worth it for me because it gives me back so much in so many different ways.

when it finally gets to the point, where I can no longer decipher sounds, can not enjoy music, when the volume is so loud it makes others ears bleed. then I will not bother to waste money on them...

I think its worth is too, if i cant hear at all i doubt i could do my job

:lol:

If all you will hear is noise, and not enough to understand speech, then it is not worth the money. For some of us, it helps us get through the hearing world.

Isn't it ironic how the hearing world wants us to hear them, but they make us pay for the devices in order to hear them....and they don't help us out much....

Kaiser is a car company that has long went out of business. Trust me, I think you can do better than Kaiser if you want hearing aids.

when it finally gets to the point, where I can no longer decipher sounds, can not enjoy music, when the volume is so loud it makes others ears bleed. then I will not bother to waste money on them...

And pack up shop and move into the woods...

:lol:

If all you will hear is noise, and not enough to understand speech, then it is not worth the money. For some of us, it helps us get through the hearing world.

Isn't it ironic how the hearing world wants us to hear them, but they make us pay for the devices in order to hear them....and they don't help us out much....

I hear quite well. 30-40 db in both ears. That's why I can say with the utmost confidence that hearing... not worth $8k.

Just depends on the person not to mention how much they can benefit from an HA. To me for example it is very much worth it. I love my HA and I am very happy to have it. I can see how it might not be worth it to others.

Just depends on the person not to mention how much they can benefit from an HA. To me for example it is very much worth it. I love my HA and I am very happy to have it. I can see how it might not be worth it to others.

I know it helps alot of people.. I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm just saying that 8k is way too much to spend on it. If we all banded together and boycotted hearing aids companies, they will listen to us!

I know it helps alot of people.. I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm just saying that 8k is way too much to spend on it. If we all banded together and boycotted hearing aids companies, they will listen to us!

Not if they turn their HA's off.

Even if it was worth $10,000 or $15,000 and the only one available of a good quality and function I'd say it still be still worth having.

Supply vs demand, imho. There isn't a huge demand for HA's. Thus it's easy to keep the price steady and gouge insurance for them.
Electronics and tech in mainstream have a huge demand, such as computers. Thus, there are more manufacturers and they are generally outsourced for cheaper labor to give cheaper costs. The stuff that aren't mainstream, but very cool to have cost plenty, there are a lot of tech examples.

I was always under the impression HA's were made at the local center you go though, at least that's how it worked for mine.
But I've always been to independent/custom HA outfitters (3 to date), the only major one being Sonus.

Nah. It's never a supply vs. demand for "medical device". It's just the way it is because they know you're gonna pay for it anyway. Millions of people have hearing loss and it's a life-changing disaster for them (except for us :lol: ) so they know you'll cough up some dough in any way you can.

medical technology is never cheap anyway. lot of it are covered by insurance or government so they gorge it high.

Back