Writer's Block, Help!!!

HeartGirl

Reaction score
Could somebody help me, I'm writing a story about.... um... I don't know.

A woman opened the door and the 4 guests walked in.
They greeted each other...
And they sat down on the table, and George
saw something moving on the table....
The woman told him, "it is an alive crab, very fresh crab, please everyone sit down, sit down."

I need to add some conversation, such as, "how you're doing" or
"your food looks so delicious"
or maybe you guys can help me thought up words for saying grace.

It can be funny or whatever... Please help me.

The woman persuaded george to finally sit down. As George sat down, the crab scuuries over to where george sat, and as george gets up to avoid the crab, he faints, and chaos ensues in the room.

Haha...

Okay, now after the chaos, the crab is completely destroyed.
Now Aunt decides to serve chicken at the table.

George: I love chicken, I can imagine being a chicken.

George's daydream:

George stands in line with other people...

George: You see, it is very easy to be a chicken, I got
corn and free vaccine. Now they might put me to sleep.

Person stands behind him: Are you sure they will put us to sleep?

George: Sure! After we sleep, they pluck our feathers.

I need to add more lines....

Which Grace should I write down?

Thank you for this wonderful meal we have here before us. Thank you to everyone who could be here with us—and, to dead crab which could not be on our table today: You’re in our thoughts. Thank you to everyone for making this crab day, oops I mean, special day... all that much more special.

Or

I’m so glad to be here. We had earlier deadly crabby today, and I’m glad that we’re able to have dinner with you, you and you… and you of course. And of course I’ve heard so much about all of you, and it’s great, really, And thanks, Aunt, for having us over. So, here goes…

Thank you for providing such a lovely, lovely meal. And thank you—God, Yahweh, Bubbha, wicca, hindu, voodoo whatever, Allah, life—for granting everyone here health, happiness, and perseverance. For I know, as George’s said.... What? What’s with the crying?

Or

Thank you, well, for starters, for the then alive and now dead crab… Thank you, Aunt. I’m sure it’s difficult to tend these busy crab, beating away...

I would also like to thank you, George, for saving my life.

Or

[clear throat, stand up]

Thank you. :|

[pause for harrumphs]

Or you can help me add something to this...

Your Subtitle!!!!

Batou said:
The woman persuaded george to finally sit down. As George sat down, the crab scuuries over to where george sat, and as george gets up to avoid the crab, he faints, and chaos ensues in the room.

While reading your response to the 'Writing Block' request for help, I could not help but see your 'Sub-Comment'.

This I assume goes with all your messages. You obviously are not deaf. Because, if you were I don't believe you would make that statement or think it is amusing.

Be thankful you are not deaf. Pray you will never become deaf. Deaf people have enormous pressure on them always and strive to 'communicate correctly' with others through lip reading, sign language, etc.

Deaf people try to help others more than speaking people do!! I am sure you do not really mean what is written. Please think about rewording your statement.

Thankyou

Jerry

Thundercliff said:
While reading your response to the 'Writing Block' request for help, I could not help but see your 'Sub-Comment'.

This I assume goes with all your messages. You obviously are not deaf. Because, if you were I don't believe you would make that statement or think it is amusing.

Be thankful you are not deaf. Pray you will never become deaf. Deaf people have enormous pressure on them always and strive to 'communicate correctly' with others through lip reading, sign language, etc.

Deaf people try to help others more than speaking people do!! I am sure you do not really mean what is written. Please think about rewording your statement.

Thankyou

Jerry

Very well put. I am not deaf or hard of hearing, but I totally understand what you mean. My father is HOH (Roadrunner) and I see the struggle he and his friends go through everyday to try and communicate with the rest of the world. I too am highly offended by this signature and second Thundercliffs plea to rethink this statement..

Back